Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 00:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Harvard, Columbia, Kellogg, NYU, Wharton
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2010, 23:25
Thanks! My two practice tests (through MGMAT) have been 680 and 690 -- I'm going to focus in the next two weeks on boosting my quant score, which is already 500% better than it would have been in May... Verbal is by far my strength, but studying for the GMAT has taught me that I'm not nearly as inept at math as I'd always assumed I was!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS Class of 2013
WE 1: 3 yr Healthcare
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 22

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 01:47
Avernusaur wrote:
Aspiria wrote:
Hi, everyone! I'm a newbie here and have one question.
I've submitted part 1 of the application but haven't started the essays yet. What will happen if I don't submit part 2 by Oct 14? Will my app be in Round 2 automatically? Or I lose my chance and can't apply in Round 2 now?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

You will be considered for admission in the round that you submit part 2. If you don't submit part 2 until round 2, that is when you will be considered for admission.

Thank you so much, Avernusaur! Good to know that so I can write with less pressure now. :wink:
Current Student
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 09:52
erdehoff wrote:
Thanks! My two practice tests (through MGMAT) have been 680 and 690 -- I'm going to focus in the next two weeks on boosting my quant score, which is already 500% better than it would have been in May... Verbal is by far my strength, but studying for the GMAT has taught me that I'm not nearly as inept at math as I'd always assumed I was!

MGMAT's 680-690 performance would fetch u 710+ on actual GMAT. I think you're underestimating your potential. Aim high. I wish you all the best!

University of Georgia - Terry College of Business
Full-time MBA Class of 2013
Terry College of Business Thread on GMATCLUB
On twitter: http://twitter.com/TerryMBA
On FB: http://www.facebook.com/TerryMBA

Manager
Manager
Schools: Darden (R1), Duke (R1), Kellogg 1Y (R1), Berkeley MBA/MPH (R2), Wharton (R2)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 14:28
thedarklard wrote:
erdehoff wrote:

MGMAT's 680-690 performance would fetch u 710+ on actual GMAT. I think you're underestimating your potential. Aim high. I wish you all the best!

I was scoring above that on MGMAT before my 710...The fact is, there is a wide range of error on the actual GMAT, so its really a guessing game until you walk out of the testing center.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Harvard, Columbia, Kellogg, NYU, Wharton

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 14:29
mba4me2010 wrote:
I was scoring above that on MGMAT before my 710...The fact is, there is a wide range of error on the actual GMAT, so its really a guessing game until you walk out of the testing center.

That is definitely the attitude I'm taking in with me -- much depends on what type of math questions I get! ;)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 689 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 18:38
Got an email today about interviewing some kid...gonna be interesting being on the other side of the table.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 261 [0], given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 18:52
riverripper wrote:
Got an email today about interviewing some kid...gonna be interesting being on the other side of the table.

Be gentle :)
VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 237 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2010, 10:01
mc wrote:
Jerz wrote:
All in all though, it's a good quarter to visit classes; a lot of the most popular professors are on the visit list. If you're here for a visit, I'd highly recommend any of Profs. Calkins, Hennessy, Diermeier, Rebelo, or Grayson's classes.

When does the quarter end?

Classes for this quarter end on December 3.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2010, 13:30
In for Round 2
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS (admit), MIT (admit)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2010, 04:43
Quick question:

When you apply for the JD-MBA program, are you considered for the standard 2-year MBA as well? That is, can you be accepted to the 2-year MBA in lieu of the JD-MBA program or is it all-or-nothing?
VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 237 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2010, 13:21
CarpathianRidge wrote:
Quick question:

When you apply for the JD-MBA program, are you considered for the standard 2-year MBA as well? That is, can you be accepted to the 2-year MBA in lieu of the JD-MBA program or is it all-or-nothing?

You can only apply to one Kellogg program at a time, so if you're applying to JD-MBA you will not be considered for the 2Y program (or 1Y or MMM). However, I think the Law School does rarely admit people to the JD program who are not accepted into JD-MBA.
7 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 39

Kudos [?]: 158 [7] , given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2010, 17:18
This post received
KUDOS
riverripper wrote:

Here is how I am picturing that:

First question: "Are you a member of GMAT Club".
Answer: "Yes"
(riverripper drafts new column on interview sheet): "Kudos +1"

Second question: "Are you an active contributor there"
Answer: "Definitely, I am very active and have a large number of posts"
(riverripper notes on interview sheet): "Applicant is strongly committed to an MBA. He is an active member of his community and has shown signs of leadership"

Third question: "What do you think of riverripper?"
Answer: "Who? The Deadliest Catch guy?..."
(riverripper notes on interview sheet): "Attention to detail "
Candidate continues: "...I don't know, I think I like rhyme better!"
(riverripper scratches previous comments): "This guy is a Boothie under disguise... denied!"

Tips: best-app-tips-77803-80.html#p610423
GMAT experience: gmat-710-q47-v41-what-worked-and-what-didn-t-81055.html#p608295
Telling your story: storytelling-82064.html#p615567
Other MBA women: calling-all-female-mba-applicants-84636.html
GMATClub interview practice groups: gmatclub-interview-groups-85902.html#p643929

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 689 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2010, 18:41
Judging by the report they want us to provide...its going to have to be a pretty serious interview. I never realized how involved the paperwork on the alums side is. Definitely more than a little check list and a yes or no.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Net Impact

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2010, 23:11
mba4me2010 wrote:
Welcome back to R1 RogerDodger. Roll Call Updated.

Is there anyone not on the roll call who needs to be?

I am in for R1, slogging day and night with my essays .. hope I ll be confident to submit them by the time..
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2010, 06:29
yikess.. my recommenders are super busy with board meetings :-(
they dont seem to have started on my recos as yet.. i wud hate to slip to next round cos of them X-( , iv sent them reminder, couple of pointers and highlighted the deadlines ... anything else i shud try ? maybe stand outside their house and stalk em . hehe
Manager
Manager
Schools: Darden (R1), Duke (R1), Kellogg 1Y (R1), Berkeley MBA/MPH (R2), Wharton (R2)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2010, 07:07
Roll call updated.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2010, 07:39
mba4me2010 wrote:
Roll call updated.

count me in, for R1.

Question on recommendation. Both my recommders have submitted their recommendation. I check on-line and it has been confirmed that the recommendations went through.
However, I did not get an email notification saying that the recommendations have been submitted.
Is this normal? because I got notifications from other schools when the recommendations were submitted.

Thanks!
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 261 [0], given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2010, 07:46
lunasea29 wrote:
mba4me2010 wrote:
Roll call updated.

count me in, for R1.

Question on recommendation. Both my recommders have submitted their recommendation. I check on-line and it has been confirmed that the recommendations went through.
However, I did not get an email notification saying that the recommendations have been submitted.
Is this normal? because I got notifications from other schools when the recommendations were submitted.

Thanks!

Kellogg doesn't appear to send the email notices like other schools do. My experience was the same as yours - no worries :)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2010, 07:54
Avernusaur wrote:
lunasea29 wrote:
mba4me2010 wrote:
Roll call updated.

count me in, for R1.

Thanks!

Kellogg doesn't appear to send the email notices like other schools do. My experience was the same as yours - no worries :)

Thank you so much!
Good luck with everything!!!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2010, 07:59
mba2013me wrote:
yikess.. my recommenders are super busy with board meetings :-(
they dont seem to have started on my recos as yet.. i wud hate to slip to next round cos of them X-( , iv sent them reminder, couple of pointers and highlighted the deadlines ... anything else i shud try ? maybe stand outside their house and stalk em . hehe

I'm in the same situation. Last two schools I applied to both of my recs waited to the wire. It is nerve racking.
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants!   [#permalink] 09 Oct 2010, 07:59