Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 07:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 98 [0], given: 53

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2010, 13:30
I got my interview invite today! Unfortunately I'm not fully confident in my essays just yet and think I am better off waiting until R2 than rushing the application these last few days. So count me in for R2. And good luck to everybody!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth class of 2013
WE 1: 6 yrs product development (tech)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 23

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2010, 13:35
I, too, just got my assignment for off-campus alum interview. Among the instructions was this:
"Also note that the interviewer will require a copy of your resume; please make arrangements to send it to the interviewer prior to your meeting."

I was under the impression that the school was providing them with the resume. Apparently not. Is it weird to just mail a resume unaccompanied by a cover letter? What are people's thoughts? In any case, I should probably get some resumes printed on good paper.

My profile
My GMAT experience

Current Student
Schools: Foster, Sloan (WL w/int.), Kellogg, Anderson
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 36

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2010, 13:41
wiredo wrote:
I, too, just got my assignment for off-campus alum interview. Among the instructions was this:
"Also note that the interviewer will require a copy of your resume; please make arrangements to send it to the interviewer prior to your meeting."

I was under the impression that the school was providing them with the resume. Apparently not. Is it weird to just mail a resume unaccompanied by a cover letter? What are people's thoughts? In any case, I should probably get some resumes printed on good paper.

I received similar instructions (verbally) when I called in to schedule my on-campus interview. The interviews are blind, but I don't know if that means interviewers will have already reviewed your resume or not.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Anderson, Darden
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2010, 13:43
This post received
KUDOS
Just Submitted my Part 2.
First app. Feels good. Checked for the recommenders, both have completed.
So a bit relaxed.
However two issues still worry me.

I requested my GMAT scores to be sent to Kellogg at little late. Anyone has any idea on how much time they take. If its three weeks as mention on Kellogg Website, then for sure it wont reach before 14th.

Second, I submitted part 1 on 23 rd. No news on Interview.

Good Luck to all..
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 263 [0], given: 86

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2010, 16:27
ashu2020 wrote:
Just Submitted my Part 2.
First app. Feels good. Checked for the recommenders, both have completed.
So a bit relaxed.
However two issues still worry me.

I requested my GMAT scores to be sent to Kellogg at little late. Anyone has any idea on how much time they take. If its three weeks as mention on Kellogg Website, then for sure it wont reach before 14th.

Second, I submitted part 1 on 23 rd. No news on Interview.

Good Luck to all..

I sent my GMAT score report to two new schools for Round 1 and I received delivery confirmation in less than 24 hours.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS Class of 2013
WE 1: 3 yr Healthcare

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 22

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 01:23
Just got my interview email today. I've just called my interviewer and he's quite busy. He did not have his schedule with him at that moment, but suggested I change the interviewer if his schedule does not accommodate mine. I'm waiting for his confirmation email right now. Anyone knows whether Kellogg will re-count their 21-day period if I eventually have to change the interviewer?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 05:16
riverripper wrote:
Judging by the report they want us to provide...its going to have to be a pretty serious interview. I never realized how involved the paperwork on the alums side is. Definitely more than a little check list and a yes or no.

Are there any tips you would provide for us Kellogg applicant for the interview?
I have mine in 2 days with an alum.

Are there any trick questions?:)
Thanks.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 06:08
anyone overseas applying round 1 receive any interview invites/waivers yet?
I submitted pt I a day or so before deadline.
I'm just about finished with the essays and will let them sit one more day before submitting....
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 08:33
Woah, did I not get the memo on this? We have to have GMAC send our scores to Kellogg? I though we just manually enter/scan them and then have scores sent if we get in.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Tuck, Ross, Sloan, Chicago, Kellogg & Darden
WE 1: Energy (Sales)
WE 2: Energy (Corporate Development)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 39

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 09:56
As far as the application stated, you have to self report, better if you can scan and upload scores, but no need to have official scores sent as far as I know...
Current Student
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 10:40
auercrud wrote:
anyone overseas applying round 1 receive any interview invites/waivers yet?
I submitted pt I a day or so before deadline.
I'm just about finished with the essays and will let them sit one more day before submitting....

I am an overseas applicant. I haven't had any info regarding my interview as yet.

University of Georgia - Terry College of Business
Full-time MBA Class of 2013
Terry College of Business Thread on GMATCLUB
On twitter: http://twitter.com/TerryMBA
On FB: http://www.facebook.com/TerryMBA

Manager
Manager
Schools: Darden (R1), Duke (R1), Kellogg 1Y (R1), Berkeley MBA/MPH (R2), Wharton (R2)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 13:14
trimetrus wrote:
Woah, did I not get the memo on this? We have to have GMAC send our scores to Kellogg? I though we just manually enter/scan them and then have scores sent if we get in.

I applied last year. There is nothing to worry about. You can do the official scores once admitted.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 32

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 18:53
wiredo wrote:
LEtranger wrote:
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know what format (font, spacing, document type etc) the essays have to be in? The only instruction I found in the application was for a 1 inch margin at the top of the page.

Thanks in advance,

Hmm ... I hadn't thought about this yet. I think I'll stick to the following format though
Document type: PDF
Margin: 1 inch all around
Font/size: Times New Roman, size 11
Spacing: Not sure yet

Almost done with my essays.... Just wondering if we should use pdf or use word. If it is pdf , can the ad com check the word count ? Do they really care as long as it is close to the prescribed limits ?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 07:39
Terms like "maximum" and "limit" are so ambiguous that I just push to the max :-D Extra 10 words won't be visibly differernt but I don't want any anxiety on back of my mind. That's cruel, and my wrinkles are already deepening w/o such stress.

I would say pdf. For me, pdf is more crisp, and looks better. What if they open up your word file and see that squiggly line (whether that's green or god forbid RED)? Even for me, that's a turn-off like an uneven make-up.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 08:02
sanlitun wrote:
Almost done with my essays.... Just wondering if we should use pdf or use word. If it is pdf , can the ad com check the word count ? Do they really care as long as it is close to the prescribed limits ?

PDF or Word format doesn't matter. As soon as you upload into the online application, it converts to PDF format anyway. Don't write your name or essay number in the header. The application does that for you.

I can't comment on the word count too much since I'm a little paranoid and kept mine under the limit (kept playing out a scenario in my head where there was one seat left, and 2 applicants remaining including myself... and I got dinged because I went over word count, haha). My guess is a few words over is okay (highly doubt they count if the essay length looks okay).
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 32

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 08:22
RogerDodger wrote:
sanlitun wrote:

PDF or Word format doesn't matter. As soon as you upload into the online application, it converts to PDF format anyway. Don't write your name or essay number in the header. The application does that for you.

I can't comment on the word count too much since I'm a little paranoid and kept mine under the limit (kept playing out a scenario in my head where there was one seat left, and 2 applicants remaining including myself... and I got dinged because I went over word count, haha). My guess is a few words over is okay (highly doubt they count if the essay length looks okay).

Thanks for the info... didnt know it was converted automatically to pdf. I have decided to go with double spacing- it seems provide easier reading and 1 inch margins top and bottom. I wish Kellogg would just give guidelines for this instead of letting us fret over this. We applicants are better at following specs than to let us figure it out...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 09:21
just submitted my part 2. phewwwwwww
but one of my recommendation is still pending X-(
Current Student

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 09:27
mba2013me wrote:
just submitted my part 2. phewwwwwww
but one of my recommendation is still pending X-(

Congrats on submitting!
Current Student
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 11:02
Just submitted my part 2. Recommendations already provided. So it is now time to wait for the hallowed interview invite. But it is a great relief nevertheless.

University of Georgia - Terry College of Business
Full-time MBA Class of 2013
Terry College of Business Thread on GMATCLUB
On twitter: http://twitter.com/TerryMBA
On FB: http://www.facebook.com/TerryMBA

Manager
Manager
Schools: Tuck 2013
WE 1: Big 4
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 67

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 17:24
Few questions on the 1Y program for any current students or if someone heard at a recruiting event

Do you need to be returning to the same industry? I understand that makes things easier from their perspective but just curious about how it works in reality.

Anyone know how many applicants try for the 80 seats in the 1Y program?
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants!   [#permalink] 13 Oct 2010, 17:24