Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 15:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 3

Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2011, 11:26
This post received
KUDOS
Has anyone heard back from their AdCom contact yet? I called and left a voicemail this past Monday, but that's it...
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: LEED AP
Schools: GSB(R1) Haas(R1) Wharton(R1) Kellogg(R1) Ross(R2) Tepper(R2)
WE 1: 4.5 yrs in architecture.
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2011, 09:55
ANTMBA wrote:
Has anyone heard back from their AdCom contact yet? I called and left a voicemail this past Monday, but that's it...

Hi ANT,
I left message on Tuesday morning, hopped on a plane, then realized that I forgot to say I'd be out of touch. I called back during my layover and my contact answered. She didn't seem perturbed that I called again. In fact, she said she had tons of voicemail to get through. I think I'd call back if I were you. She gave me some direction on what to include in my letter (unclear career goals, perceptive folk those AdComs) which I'm hoping to send off this week.
Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth (accepted), Kellogg (WL-withdrew), Ross (accepted), McCombs (accepted), Kelley (accepted)
WE 1: 4 years finance
WE 2: 1 year non-profit
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2011, 09:57
I left a msg for my waitlist manager last Tuesday (Jan 4th) and haven't heard back. Will maybe try to call again tomorrow (gives her a week to respond).
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg, Booth

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 20:08
any one else speak to their waitlist officer? i spoke with mine earlier this week. not much feedback. any one have any idea what percent of the waitlist gets admitted?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2011, 08:36
There's no available information about waitlist % admit. However, some people estimate it at something around 50%. I think it's better to be WL than having to reapply next year. Chances might be higher and the work is easier than doing an application.

I called my WL contact and he didn't give any feedback. He told that nothing was wrong in my application and they're figuring out how many admitted will give up. The only advice I got was to write an update of recent events if applicable. I believe this can be of help for all of us.
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Energy

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2011, 16:05
I called the Adcom a few days ago and got a bit of tailored feedback as well.

The 50% number sounds high to me. At this point, I really think it will be dependent on how strong they feel your application is and how well you mitigate their concerns. That and a whole lot of luck!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 13:18
Heard back from my person today, mentioned my low(er) quant gmat score, which bums me out. Wondering if I should re-take before the February round? I have already sent my score report out for my R2 apps, so I'm assuming that if I take it again but choose not to send it out, no one will see it?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2011, 11:48
I also didn't get much feedback from my WL officer, was just told that they are waiting to see how round 2 applicants look.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth (accepted), Kellogg (WL-withdrew), Ross (accepted), McCombs (accepted), Kelley (accepted)

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 14:35
Got no specific feedback from my WL manager, she just said if I had any updates, I should write a letter. I was promoted at work and have gotten more involved with a couple of my EC's, so I submitted that on Friday. Would like to hear (either way) ASAP as I have a couple of deadlines for other schools coming up soon!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross(IN–full$)
WE 1: Investment Bank
WE 2: Company in NYC
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 15:02
Did everyone speak to their waitlist "handler" on the phone, or did they send you email feedback?
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Energy

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 17:02
did anyone get an idea of time frame for decisions off the WL from their contact?

I know the waitlist site says Feb and March, but am curious if they are telling everyone the same thing.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2011, 08:47
trikstr wrote:
did anyone get an idea of time frame for decisions off the WL from their contact?

I know the waitlist site says Feb and March, but am curious if they are telling everyone the same thing.

kegewe wrote:
Did everyone speak to their waitlist "handler" on the phone, or did they send you email feedback?

I spoke with my WL manager over the phone. She said she is away from her desk a lot so that is why it took her so long to get back to me.

She confirmed that those are the 2 main dates they will notify people, but my friend got a call on a random day toward the end of Jan last year that he got in off the WL, so who knows....
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg, Booth

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2011, 08:52
trikstr wrote:

I was told by my WL officer that the majority of decisions will be made in March. Hopefully we all hear back before then though since that's still a long time away...
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: LEED AP
Schools: GSB(R1) Haas(R1) Wharton(R1) Kellogg(R1) Ross(R2) Tepper(R2)
WE 1: 4.5 yrs in architecture.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2011, 16:14
tru777 wrote:
trikstr wrote:

I was told by my WL officer that the majority of decisions will be made in March. Hopefully we all hear back before then though since that's still a long time away...

I sure hope so. It's tough not getting any love and not knowing what you'll be doing next year.
Anyone considering a visit who hasn't been to campus yet? Any thoughts on whether that'd help?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 98 [0], given: 53

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2011, 10:49
ljh02 wrote:
Heard back from my person today, mentioned my low(er) quant gmat score, which bums me out. Wondering if I should re-take before the February round? I have already sent my score report out for my R2 apps, so I'm assuming that if I take it again but choose not to send it out, no one will see it?

Would you mind sharing your profile? I applied R2 and have a lower quant score too, curious if that means an automatic ding or WL for me.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2011, 14:59
Michmax3 wrote:
ljh02 wrote:

Would you mind sharing your profile? I applied R2 and have a lower quant score too, curious if that means an automatic ding or WL for me.

Sure! 710 total / 95% verbal / 68% quant. I was finance undergrad, 5 years work experience in investment banking/private equity.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2011, 20:01
ljh02 wrote:
Michmax3 wrote:
ljh02 wrote:

Sure! 710 total / 95% verbal / 68% quant. I was finance undergrad, 5 years work experience in investment banking/private equity.

Thanks for sharing...that makes me sad, because my quant is even lower than that and I really want to go to Kellogg :cry:

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 07:20
This post received
KUDOS
Would you mind sharing your profile? I applied R2 and have a lower quant score too, curious if that means an automatic ding or WL for me.[/quote]

Sure! 710 total / 95% verbal / 68% quant. I was finance undergrad, 5 years work experience in investment banking/private equity.[/quote]

Thanks for sharing...that makes me sad, because my quant is even lower than that and I really want to go to Kellogg :cry:[/quote]

That was just one piece of feedback I was able to get, I don't think anyone's application is hinging on one score. Everyone's profile will be different so you can't really use someone else as a benchmark (your gpa is higher than mine).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 15:32
ljh02 wrote:
That was just one piece of feedback I was able to get, I don't think anyone's application is hinging on one score. Everyone's profile will be different so you can't really use someone else as a benchmark (your gpa is higher than mine).

Yeah for sure, I just figured that was the only reason they gave you, assuming all else was fine, but doesn't sound like they really went in-depth with the feedback. Hoping for good luck for us both!

Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS (Admit), Insead (Admit), Wharton (Admit+$), Kellogg (Waitlist), HBS (Ding)

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 04:14
I am a waitlist for the 1Y program.........given that the class size is just 80-90 in all for the 1Y, I think my chances of a conversion are really bleak.....I have submitted my deposit for LBS.
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists   [#permalink] 21 Jan 2011, 04:14