Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 10:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 319
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 77

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 13:44
Lot's of activity on the Kellogg Facebook Page this week. Congrats to all that have gotten the call so far - and keep your head up for those who are still waiting!
_________________

My Blog - Road to the MBA Class of 2014

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Posts: 25
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.91
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 13:45
ebart wrote:
I know that most of the times schools call their accepted students a day before, I thought that Kellogg notified on the 26th and today is only the 20th.

Maybe I missed something but can someone tell me why so many people are hearing so many days before the 26th?


The website says Decision Rendered BY 26th.
Kellogg started giving admits a week earlier than the decision date for R1
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 3
Location: United States
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 13:51
Slow day! Would have expected more activity. There is very little probability that they informed a bulk of the admits yesterday, esp. given that this is the round that sees most offers being made (if I am wrong, time to move on). Kellogg, did you decide to take a siesta? Wakie wakie, there are a lot of folks delirious from insomnia!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 15
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 13:55
Good evening all! I got the admit call earlier today.. Good luck to those who are still waiting.
_________________

The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live. (LFB)

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 69
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 14:14
ebart wrote:
visu83 wrote:
Not much activity today.... Very less compared to the R1 admits/waitlists/dings on Day2
Wait is getting even more painful :(



When did they start letting round 2 applicants know?


Yesterday
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 16
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 14:28
gijoedude wrote:
This is annoying. I wish Kellogg would just pick a day and let all the applicants know what their status is. So much easier. In the last 2-3 pages you have people being accepted/rejected in random order.

This reminds me of that episode from How I Met Your Mother where Barney is waiting to be slapped by Marshall. When Barney knew when Marshall was going to slap him, Barney was mentally prepared for the worst for that day. But when he didn't know when he was going to get slapped, Barney went completely nuts in anticipation of the slap.

That's what's happening to me right now.


I LOVE this post... and How I met your mother... I feel the same way!
VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 1346
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 94

Kudos [?]: 399 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 15:06
Congrats to all of today's admits and good luck with your remaining schools to those who were dinged.

One of my coworkers got the call today so I know that the admits should keep coming through the week. Best wishes to those still waiting!
_________________

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com
Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 3
Location: United States
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 16:20
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Congrats to all of today's admits and good luck with your remaining schools to those who were dinged.

One of my coworkers got the call today so I know that the admits should keep coming through the week. Best wishes to those still waiting!


@Cheetarah: I suppose Congratulations are in order.. I could have sworn that Booth wasn't highlighted in a joyful green on your profile this morning... Did you hear from them today?:)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 301
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 18:11
asmithtexas wrote:
gijoedude wrote:
This is annoying. I wish Kellogg would just pick a day and let all the applicants know what their status is. So much easier. In the last 2-3 pages you have people being accepted/rejected in random order.

This reminds me of that episode from How I Met Your Mother where Barney is waiting to be slapped by Marshall. When Barney knew when Marshall was going to slap him, Barney was mentally prepared for the worst for that day. But when he didn't know when he was going to get slapped, Barney went completely nuts in anticipation of the slap.

That's what's happening to me right now.


I LOVE this post... and How I met your mother... I feel the same way!


I love HIMYM too! Yesterday's episode was fantastic...ahem...Quinntastic!

PS: I dunno what's with blonde chicks named Quinn. Both Quinn Fabray (from Glee) and Quinn from HIMYM are very intriguing characters :twisted:.
_________________

If you like my post, consider giving me KUDOS!

VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 1346
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 94

Kudos [?]: 399 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 18:14
confusedandweird wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Congrats to all of today's admits and good luck with your remaining schools to those who were dinged.

One of my coworkers got the call today so I know that the admits should keep coming through the week. Best wishes to those still waiting!


@Cheetarah: I suppose Congratulations are in order.. I could have sworn that Booth wasn't highlighted in a joyful green on your profile this morning... Did you hear from them today?:)


You are correct. Booth was not jolly green earlier today. I got the call on my way home from work. It was after 5pm EST and I was beyond relieved.
_________________

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com
Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Feb 2011
Posts: 11
Schools: Wharton/Lauder, Kellogg
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 18:28
I got the call this afternoon around 4:30 pm EST. Definitely a huge relief.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Sep 2011
Posts: 14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 19:13
So I got the call and email yesterday, but no status update on my application page. I've heard of horrifying freak incidents with people told that they got in, only to find out it was in error when their status updated.

Does everyone who got in have an updated status?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Feb 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 20:24
trollmail wrote:
So I got the call and email yesterday, but no status update on my application page. I've heard of horrifying freak incidents with people told that they got in, only to find out it was in error when their status updated.

Does everyone who got in have an updated status?



I would be embarrassed if that happens to me. I already told the world in facebook that I got in.
Wharton Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 08 May 2011
Posts: 219
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 20:28
MrEkachat wrote:
trollmail wrote:
So I got the call and email yesterday, but no status update on my application page. I've heard of horrifying freak incidents with people told that they got in, only to find out it was in error when their status updated.

Does everyone who got in have an updated status?



I would be embarrassed if that happens to me. I already told the world in facebook that I got in.


Lol. That is such a horrible mistake that the person should be granted admission anyways!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Feb 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 20:30
Good luck to those who are still waiting and especially those who already received dings. I received two dings before receiving good news from Kellogg.

My best advice is to just hang in there and keep fighting because the feeling of triumph at the end is truly amazing.

Good luck to you all!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 273
Location: In Limbo
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 10

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 21:02
mpg2011 wrote:
MrEkachat wrote:
trollmail wrote:
So I got the call and email yesterday, but no status update on my application page. I've heard of horrifying freak incidents with people told that they got in, only to find out it was in error when their status updated.

Does everyone who got in have an updated status?



I would be embarrassed if that happens to me. I already told the world in facebook that I got in.


Lol. That is such a horrible mistake that the person should be granted admission anyways!


This happened at Vassar. I'm not sure the refund of the application fee made up for it though.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/01/29/vas ... ing-error/

If you got a call you are in. A computer glitch is much more likely the cause of a wrongful admit than someone physically calling you in error.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Posts: 56
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 21:54
Are there any internationals, especially from India, who are still waiting. There has been no status change for me till now!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 273
Location: In Limbo
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 10

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 22:15
Waitlisted. I just checked my status as of 1:13 am Chicago time. No email yet.

It's better than a ding I guess...for now.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 10
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 22:27
dinged
no email no call
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 May 2011
Posts: 18
Location: Mexico
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q39 V35
GPA: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 22:36
Checked a minute ago. Waitlisted for the MMM program. No email (yet). Best of luck to everyone else.
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 20 Mar 2012, 22:36
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
153 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants cheetarah1980 1928 06 Jul 2011, 09:05
3 Kellogg Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 18 08 Sep 2011, 01:39
Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg MMM 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 4 08 Sep 2011, 00:22
Kellogg (1-year) 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 15 06 Sep 2011, 03:39
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  85   86   87   88   89   90   91  ...  97    Next  [ 1929 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.