Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 20:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 273
Location: In Limbo
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 10

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 09:31
bertreynoldz wrote:
To those of us still waiting (and those who've seen The Princess Bride), this feels like the message I'm getting from Kellogg right now:

"Good night, Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."


The B School Application process reminds me more of The Machine from the Princess Bride that takes years off one's life. And some of the harder GMAT quant questions were like getting in a battle of wits with a Sicilian when death is on the line.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 112
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.73
WE: Information Technology (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 10:24
cheetarah1980 wrote:
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
WL for me too. Congrats admits!


WTF Kellogg! LRW, they must be nucking futs. #teamgirls


Amen. LRW, you're too good for them!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2012
Posts: 61
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 10:29
i think that all of us still waiting have good chances of being accepted.

Most of my friends who applied have already received either a ding or a wait list notification...that leaves us few remaining with good perspectives...at least thats how I see it

Am i stupidly optimistic?...
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 24
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 10:35
1
This post received
KUDOS
I think it's an unnecessary mindfuck at this point.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 10:36
There is plenty of reason to still be very optimistic. Lots of people haven't heard yet. People should not start to worry until Friday at 5pm.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 8
Concentration: Nonprofit, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GMAT 2: 630 Q V
GPA: 3.61
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 11:22
JMG wrote:
i think that all of us still waiting have good chances of being accepted.

Most of my friends who applied have already received either a ding or a wait list notification...that leaves us few remaining with good perspectives...at least thats how I see it

Am i stupidly optimistic?...


Maybe you are being to optimistic but I hope you are right.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2011
Posts: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 12:09
Is the Kellogg Admissions staff in the office on Wednesday's? I know they don't offer tours, but thought that might explain no one hearing anything today.

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 273
Location: In Limbo
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [1] , given: 10

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 12:17
1
This post received
KUDOS
generalhorn wrote:
Is the Kellogg Admissions staff in the office on Wednesday's? I know they don't offer tours, but thought that might explain no one hearing anything today.

Posted from my mobile device Image


I think the lack of tours is more because Kellogg does not have class on Wednesdays (it's their interview/study day). No class means less students around to lead tours, no classroom visits, etc...

I would assume the Admissions office works 5 days a week, whether its M,T,Thr-Sat, or M-F I don't know for sure.

Another possibility is that they have two main decision blocks. Day 1 is people they want for sure (thus all the admits). Day 2 is for people they don't want for sure (biggest block of Dings so far) and admits they did not get to in Day 1. And Day 3 could be people they are on the fence about or people that are from over-represented groups/backgrounds/interests. The Admin could be going under its final review today which would leave a big round o admits tomorrow, Dings Friday, and a mix of Dings/WL on Monday, the official decision date.

Just a guess.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Posts: 30
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.73
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 12:31
I hope so. This waiting game is really taking a toll on my sleeping.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jun 2011
Posts: 154
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q V
GMAT 2: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE: Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 12:33
Consulting2Finance wrote:
generalhorn wrote:
Is the Kellogg Admissions staff in the office on Wednesday's? I know they don't offer tours, but thought that might explain no one hearing anything today.

Posted from my mobile device Image


I think the lack of tours is more because Kellogg does not have class on Wednesdays (it's their interview/study day). No class means less students around to lead tours, no classroom visits, etc...

I would assume the Admissions office works 5 days a week, whether its M,T,Thr-Sat, or M-F I don't know for sure.

Another possibility is that they have two main decision blocks. Day 1 is people they want for sure (thus all the admits). Day 2 is for people they don't want for sure (biggest block of Dings so far) and admits they did not get to in Day 1. And Day 3 could be people they are on the fence about or people that are from over-represented groups/backgrounds/interests. The Admin could be going under its final review today which would leave a big round o admits tomorrow, Dings Friday, and a mix of Dings/WL on Monday, the official decision date.

Just a guess.


most schools' official statements are how early/late in the wave you get your interview invite/acceptance isn't indicative of your application/candidacy strength. but i think it's so bizarre the way they're releasing the decisions...don't schools decide with the entire class in mind? the way they're doing all types of decisions each day makes me wonder if they're actually making individual decisions daily, which i feel is unlikely. your theory certainly makes a lot of sense for the way they're operating. how did it play out round 1? they also started releasing decisions a week early right? were there still acceptances at the tail end and did any of those admits receive scholarships?
_________________

Help advise me on where to matriculate! help-booth-vs-stern-vs-ross-129563.html

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Posts: 123
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 12:37
From my limited investigation of Round 1, I found only one acceptance reported on Wed (so Admissions is open on that day), followed by a series of WLs or dings until decision day. But this round should have at least 25% more applicants so the pattern need not necessarily repeat.

I really hope some of us hear good news. This is no fun.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 273
Location: In Limbo
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 10

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 12:48
chynaxdawl wrote:
Consulting2Finance wrote:
generalhorn wrote:
Is the Kellogg Admissions staff in the office on Wednesday's? I know they don't offer tours, but thought that might explain no one hearing anything today.

Posted from my mobile device Image


I think the lack of tours is more because Kellogg does not have class on Wednesdays (it's their interview/study day). No class means less students around to lead tours, no classroom visits, etc...

I would assume the Admissions office works 5 days a week, whether its M,T,Thr-Sat, or M-F I don't know for sure.

Another possibility is that they have two main decision blocks. Day 1 is people they want for sure (thus all the admits). Day 2 is for people they don't want for sure (biggest block of Dings so far) and admits they did not get to in Day 1. And Day 3 could be people they are on the fence about or people that are from over-represented groups/backgrounds/interests. The Admin could be going under its final review today which would leave a big round o admits tomorrow, Dings Friday, and a mix of Dings/WL on Monday, the official decision date.

Just a guess.


most schools' official statements are how early/late in the wave you get your interview invite/acceptance isn't indicative of your application/candidacy strength. but i think it's so bizarre the way they're releasing the decisions...don't schools decide with the entire class in mind? the way they're doing all types of decisions each day makes me wonder if they're actually making individual decisions daily, which i feel is unlikely. your theory certainly makes a lot of sense for the way they're operating. how did it play out round 1? they also started releasing decisions a week early right? were there still acceptances at the tail end and did any of those admits receive scholarships?


I agree Cyrnaxdawl, especially for a school like Kellogg where community and diversity of the group is one of its key success factors. That doesn't happen by accident or luck, so they just have to have a master plan in place and be using these final days to fine tune or check the lists.

Kellogg's mode of releasing calls in stages just seems like a carry over to the pre-internet days, when applicants just waited for thick packages or thin reject letters in the mail. They may know at most one or two other applicants so there would not be nearly as much anxiety over not being notified day 1. The approach of most schools: call everyone in one day (or at least try) and email everyone at once the following day seems the most humane way to do it. Although I now have a whole new set of stress to deal with over the WL, it is a relief not having to wait for the ax to drop with every new email I get.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2010
Posts: 60
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 13:22
healthcareguy wrote:
From my limited investigation of Round 1, I found only one acceptance reported on Wed (so Admissions is open on that day), followed by a series of WLs or dings until decision day. But this round should have at least 25% more applicants so the pattern need not necessarily repeat.

I really hope some of us hear good news. This is no fun.


I'm with you man.
I'm still confident of getting the famous 847 phone call tomorrow.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 122
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 37

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 13:57
Ding from Kellogg. At this point, my only reaction is "Whatever ...".
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Mar 2012
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 14:14
Quote:
Ding from Kellogg. At this point, my only reaction is "Whatever ...".


Sorry to hear this. When did you hear the news? Email or status update?
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Concentration: Human Resources, Sustainability
Schools: HBS '14
GMAT Date: 01-02-2012
GPA: 3.84
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 15:06
2
This post received
KUDOS
Long time listener, first time caller.
I can't wait for this process to end. How many times can one woman hit "refresh"? Does anyone have an estimation of the number of powerpoint presentations not being done at this very moment?
Perhaps they're waiting to hear how many people they call respond with a Wildcat growl in order to predict yield for this round?
Bon courage, fellow applicants! Let's keep the dream alive.
Have to run - my username for the Kellogg status check won't enter itself, after all.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Posts: 123
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 15:34
^ LOL, I couldn't "like" that post so I kudo-ed it. What else can you do but laugh
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Decision Week!
Joined: 12 Oct 2011
Posts: 262
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.66
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 58

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 18:03
mollylemon wrote:
Long time listener, first time caller.
I can't wait for this process to end. How many times can one woman hit "refresh"? Does anyone have an estimation of the number of powerpoint presentations not being done at this very moment?
Perhaps they're waiting to hear how many people they call respond with a Wildcat growl in order to predict yield for this round?
Bon courage, fellow applicants! Let's keep the dream alive.
Have to run - my username for the Kellogg status check won't enter itself, after all.

Ms. MollyLemon, fabulous attitude. Girl after my own heart. I haven't calculated lost ppt hours due to GmatClub and incessant gmail refereshes, but god know its high.
_________________

GMAT Story http://gmatclub.com/forum/100-point-improvements-they-are-possible-124223.html
Profile/School Status http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1028789

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Sep 2011
Posts: 14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 18:36
mpg2011 wrote:
MrEkachat wrote:
trollmail wrote:
So I got the call and email yesterday, but no status update on my application page. I've heard of horrifying freak incidents with people told that they got in, only to find out it was in error when their status updated.

Does everyone who got in have an updated status?



I would be embarrassed if that happens to me. I already told the world in facebook that I got in.


Lol. That is such a horrible mistake that the person should be granted admission anyways!


So... does anyone who HAS been admitted NOT have an updated status. Sorry if this is annoying, needless paranoia, especially to those who are still waiting.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Posts: 25
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.91
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 22:22
Waitlisted
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2012, 22:22
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
153 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants cheetarah1980 1928 06 Jul 2011, 09:05
18 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants scorpionz 453 16 Dec 2011, 17:54
3 Kellogg Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 18 08 Sep 2011, 01:39
Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg MMM 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 4 08 Sep 2011, 00:22
Kellogg (1-year) 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 15 06 Sep 2011, 03:39
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94  ...  97    Next  [ 1929 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.