Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 12:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 12:31
Consulting2Finance wrote:
jpeiroa wrote:
Received an email today stating that I'm in!!!

To all the others waiting as me, there is still hope!! Even though your don't receive a call!!

JPeiroa, do you mind sharing your profile and background?

Of course, no problem...

Latin American, 26 yrs, 5 yrs WE tax consulting , GMAT 710. If I missed something please let me know.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 10

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 12:58
jpeiroa wrote:
Consulting2Finance wrote:
jpeiroa wrote:
Received an email today stating that I'm in!!!

To all the others waiting as me, there is still hope!! Even though your don't receive a call!!

JPeiroa, do you mind sharing your profile and background?

Of course, no problem...

Latin American, 26 yrs, 5 yrs WE tax consulting , GMAT 710. If I missed something please let me know.

Congrats. It's a bit curious they did not call (I'm sure you don't mind though). I'm sure you being in LatAm has something do do with it.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q V

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 14:25
Nothing for another day...
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.45
WE: Marketing (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 5

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 23:39
Rejected..found out ~6.30pm CST
Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2012, 02:54
Day 5th, still no update. Keep on refreshing the status page. Anyone on the same boat?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2012, 03:59
cppdavid wrote:
Day 5th, still no update. Keep on refreshing the status page. Anyone on the same boat?

yes.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q V
GMAT 2: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE: Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2012, 09:02
visitorrr wrote:
cppdavid wrote:

yes.

+3...me too. how many of us are there left? i feel like if we don't hear by the end of the day today, it's safe to assume it's a wait list/ding on monday...

Help advise me on where to matriculate! help-booth-vs-stern-vs-ross-129563.html

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 14

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2012, 11:34
did anyone else receive an email stating that UPS package has been shipped from Kellogg admissions (2nd day air)?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Real Estate (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2012, 11:37
woggy987 wrote:
did anyone else receive an email stating that UPS package has been shipped from Kellogg admissions (2nd day air)?

Yup. Just got one a couple minutes ago.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2012, 11:57
ok, waitlisted.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q V
GMAT 2: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE: Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2012, 12:03
visitorrr wrote:
ok, waitlisted.

also wait listed...what about you cpppdavid?

Help advise me on where to matriculate! help-booth-vs-stern-vs-ross-129563.html

Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2012, 12:52
chynaxdawl wrote:
visitorrr wrote:
ok, waitlisted.

also wait listed...what about you cpppdavid?

waitlisted.....

became a long run now.
Manager
Manager
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2012, 20:33
Question for all you admitted folks - Am I correct in assuming that, to be part of the Facebook group, one simply needs an offer of admission from Kellogg (as opposed to having to accept and put down a deposit etc.). I'm trying to get a handle on the approx number of acceptance that have gone out already. There are 463 members in the group currently.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2012, 22:06
healthcareguy wrote:
Question for all you admitted folks - Am I correct in assuming that, to be part of the Facebook group, one simply needs an offer of admission from Kellogg (as opposed to having to accept and put down a deposit etc.). I'm trying to get a handle on the approx number of acceptance that have gone out already. There are 463 members in the group currently.

That is correct, you just need an admission offer.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2012, 22:33
YoungSnake wrote:
healthcareguy wrote:

Healthcareguy,

A friend who got admitted to Kellogg in R1 validated what youngsnake just said. The admin team sends a facebook group invite to all admits. My friend also got in to a top 3 school and will not be going to Kellogg. He mentioned that he left the Kellogg group just last week and felt that there could still be a no of people in there who have been admitted elsewhere.

The one thing he said and that worries me is that he has heard from some people that the class size at Kellogg this year would be 530 instead of the usual 630-660 range. Have other guys heard this as well?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 04:26
vicky615 wrote:
YoungSnake wrote:
healthcareguy wrote:

Healthcareguy,

A friend who got admitted to Kellogg in R1 validated what youngsnake just said. The admin team sends a facebook group invite to all admits. My friend also got in to a top 3 school and will not be going to Kellogg. He mentioned that he left the Kellogg group just last week and felt that there could still be a no of people in there who have been admitted elsewhere.

The one thing he said and that worries me is that he has heard from some people that the class size at Kellogg this year would be 530 instead of the usual 630-660 range. Have other guys heard this as well?

At DAK 1 I met quite a few folks who deliberately didn't join the facebook group, a couple didn't even have facebook (I know - malarkey!!). That being said, I'm sure folks on there have multiple offers, and when the dust settles, that number may shrink if people who aren't attending choose to leave.

I read that Kellogg plans to shrink the class size for its two year program, but as I understand it, this is the plan for the future and not the immediate. I'm not sure if it 'kicks in' this year.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 10

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 07:29
vicky615 wrote:
YoungSnake wrote:
healthcareguy wrote:

Healthcareguy,

As MBAlady said, this probably stems from the announced future plans for Kellogg to shrink it's 2y class size down to about 3 to 400 within 5 years and to increase the 1y program size at the same time. However, these plans were only formally announced in late 2011 so it is unlikely that they will even start to be implemented this year. For starters, Kellogg will have to openly push its 1y program and will need more time than the middle of an application year to do so.

You could be right that class size will be reduced but a 15% haircut in one year seems a bit extreme. As someone on the waitlist, that's what I'm hoping at least.

I also think looking at Facebook as a proxy for number of admits can be guide but caution against using it too closely. Likely there are many people that signed up for information/networking once admitted and never bothered to remove themselves if attending elsewhere. On the other hand, there likely are a bunch of people that never joined in the first place. It's two difficult to tell which case outweighs the other.
Manager
Manager
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 07:51
Thanks guys - that helps. Maybe it's just me, but I would not really want to be part of the group if I knew I was probably going to go elsewhere. But I guess a diverse class breeds diverse viewpoints. In any case, my gut tells me that a majority of the people in the Facebook group are likely to matriculate.

As for the class size, as someone who is waitlisted, I am inclined to side with Consulting2Finance. Dropping the class size without advance notice would be... "malarkey"! (Thanks mbalady - love that word)
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 93

Kudos [?]: 398 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 09:20
Just for a point of reference, I'm in Kellogg fb group and I am not 100% decided on going yet. I think it's difficult to determine anything about how many admits/conversions there have been based on the facebook group. The class really won't take shape until late April/early May. People from R1 who paid deposits may forfeit to go to other schools and people who didn't join because they were undecided may jump on board once they commit to Kellogg. If you wind up on the summer WL, the facebook group would give a stronger sign to how much room is left at that point than it does now.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.66
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 58

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 09:26
I agree with cheet. I'm obviously not in the Kellogg fb because i'm WLed, but I am participating in Booth and Tuck while I decide, and I joined Ross FB group when I was first admitted but I've not removed myself yet....
I wound't use FB as a good tool to project class size/number of admitted students

GMAT Story http://gmatclub.com/forum/100-point-improvements-they-are-possible-124223.html
Profile/School Status http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1028789

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2012, 09:26