Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 05:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 15
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 06:18
and the wait is over. ding.

r3 international applicant. received an e-mail notification at 9:10 EST with a link to the "application status" page on kellogg's website where the decision letter can be found.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Posts: 53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 06:58
It's a ding. Anyway, didn't have any hope since it was a Round 3. Good luck to everyone attending Kellogg.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Mar 2012
Posts: 9
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.89
WE: Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 07:03
I'm in! Got the call about 15 minutes ago. Good luck to everyone today.

Posted from my mobile device Image
VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 1346
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 07:36
mgmills wrote:
I'm in! Got the call about 15 minutes ago. Good luck to everyone today.

Posted from my mobile device Image


Congratulations!! That's awesome news. Hopefully the win streak continues for you in R3.
_________________

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com
Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 07:41
I'm in as well!! Best of luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2009
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 09:12
I'm IN! Got a call from I forget who coz I was with my daughter at the playground but I definitely have an offer!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jun 2012
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2012, 07:29
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Congratulations!! That's awesome news. Hopefully the win streak continues for you in R3.


Hello Cheetarah1980. By the way, now that I see your username, I have a quick question based on that: were you born in 1980? If so, will you be 32 at matriculation this year? Just wondering because it's very impressive to get admits from top schools at that age.

Anyway, my main question is: How much in either merit-based scholarship or need-based scholarship has Kellogg awarded this year? Since you've been moderating this thread for a long time, I thought you probably have seem almost every post here, not to mention you having been to DAK and speaking to so many other admits.

It's really two questions:
1. What percentage do you think got a merit scholarship and, of those that got it, what was the average amount?
2. What percentage do you think got a need-based scholarship and, of those that got it, what was the average amount?

Thanks Cheetarah1980! (or to anyone else who knows or can share what they got, if anything)
VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 1346
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2012, 15:28
archimedes2014 wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Congratulations!! That's awesome news. Hopefully the win streak continues for you in R3.


Hello Cheetarah1980. By the way, now that I see your username, I have a quick question based on that: were you born in 1980? If so, will you be 32 at matriculation this year? Just wondering because it's very impressive to get admits from top schools at that age.

Anyway, my main question is: How much in either merit-based scholarship or need-based scholarship has Kellogg awarded this year? Since you've been moderating this thread for a long time, I thought you probably have seem almost every post here, not to mention you having been to DAK and speaking to so many other admits.

It's really two questions:
1. What percentage do you think got a merit scholarship and, of those that got it, what was the average amount?
2. What percentage do you think got a need-based scholarship and, of those that got it, what was the average amount?

Thanks Cheetarah1980! (or to anyone else who knows or can share what they got, if anything)


Yes, I will be 32 at matriculation. I think the age "disadvantage" for people in their early 30s is grossly exaggerated. I've met quite a few other incoming students who are my age.

As for the amount of merit-based and need-based scholarship awards that are given, I do not know. I spoke to Michelle Rogers, director of admissions, and she said that Kellogg prefers to give a lot of people a little bit of money. Most of the people I know received small need based awards <$15K for one year. I do not know the percentage of students who receive it as it is based on income and assets.

In regard to merit based scholarships, I don't have a number on how many people get them and what the average amount is. I'm sure it can range from $10K/year up to full tuition (very few of these). I do know that money can shake out from Kellogg up to the 1st day of orientation. Even if you're not awarded a merit scholarship up front there is still a possibility of earning one after filling out the financial aid and scholarship application (filled out upon admission, not before). That's all I know.

I am not matriculating at Kellogg. An incoming Kellogg 1st year may have more detailed information and/or insight.
_________________

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com
Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jun 2012
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2012, 11:09
cheetarah1980 wrote:
I spoke to Michelle Rogers, director of admissions, and she said that Kellogg prefers to give a lot of people a little bit of money. Most of the people I know received small need based awards <$15K for one year.


Thank you cheetarah1980. From what I've heard from other students who were accepted late, there is no need-based scholarship money left. That's a big blow to someone who truly "needs" it because that's $30k for the two years, almost 25% of the tuition + required fees/books.

As far as merit-based goes, I was a waitlisted applicant, so I'm guessing if they didn't think I was good enough to be accepted right away then even if they have some merit-based money available they won't necessarily give it out the ones accepted off the waitlist but rather the ones they wanted to give some money to anyway but just couldn't because they didn't have any left at the time.
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 01 Jul 2012, 11:09
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
153 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants cheetarah1980 1928 06 Jul 2011, 09:05
18 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants scorpionz 453 16 Dec 2011, 17:54
3 Kellogg Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 18 08 Sep 2011, 01:39
Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg MMM 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 4 08 Sep 2011, 00:22
Kellogg (1-year) 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 15 06 Sep 2011, 03:39
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   [ 1929 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.