Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 14:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Posts: 31
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 2.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2011, 08:29
Count me in..
_________________

Live Life Every Day, Every Moment
- JK

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 488
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 08:12
Just an FYI for everyone,

I spoke to the Admissions Office and they said that the application won't go live until mid to late August.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Posts: 149
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.78
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 08:24
Thanks MDF, it is good to know


MDF wrote:
Just an FYI for everyone,

I spoke to the Admissions Office and they said that the application won't go live until mid to late August.
VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 1346
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 09:21
The questions are up but the app isn't live?
_________________

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com
Image

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 488
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 09:30
cheetarah1980 wrote:
The questions are up but the app isn't live?


Right, and it won't be live for at least another month.

I think I'll have my essays done by the time the application goes live. However, I'll probably have to wait a month before pressing submit in order to give my recommenders enough time to write finish their letters--since the LOR questions & instructions won't be available until the application is out.

I guess my plan for finishing all my apps before September isn't going to happen.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Bring the Rain
Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Posts: 408
Location: United States (MD)
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.13
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 46

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 09:41
cheetarah1980 wrote:
The questions are up but the app isn't live?


At least they have their deadlines up! Tuck has its questions up but thats it. No deadlines, no app, no nothing yet.
_________________

Go Blue!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 181
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE: Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 34

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 11:02
I'm in for R1!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 24
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 11:26
Also applying R1.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: On my way !!!
Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 115
Location: France
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2011, 05:34
I have also set a R1 deadline for my Kellogg application.
_________________

http://pyarapopat.wordpress.com

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2008
Posts: 1221
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2011, 08:32
Good luck, guys. A while back someone asked about interviews: all interviews, whether with adcom, student interviewers or alumni, are blind. They will only have your resume before the interview.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 6
Schools: Kellogg, Ross, LBS, ISB
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2011, 08:29
In for Round 1. Go for Gold!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa, Kappa Delta
Joined: 10 Feb 2011
Posts: 65
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.9
WE: Other (Venture Capital)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2011, 09:09
I don't understand how to add myself to the new roll call. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 488
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2011, 09:21
blg529 wrote:
I don't understand how to add myself to the new roll call. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


You need to add Kellogg to your profile.

They've upgraded the 'My Profile' section of the site. Now you add your school information, gmat score, gpa, etc. to your profile and it will auto-populate your information into the roll call for each school's master thread that you are applying to.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 388
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2011, 12:31
In for round 1...
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2011
Posts: 99
Location: Canada
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2011, 06:24
cheetarah1980 wrote:
mbarealestate wrote:
Is anyone having trouble with essay number 3? After essay 1 and 2, I am unsure what to write about in essay 3 without being too repetitive.


If the purpose of essay #3 is to evaluate your candidacy from their vantage point then you can't introduce new information. If it's not in your other three essays, application, or resume then it doesn't make sense to include it. I think essay 3 is great because it lets you tell them how you think they should view everything you've presented.


I remember reading in the 2011 applicant thread that the essays are read in order, so you've basically got essays 1 and 2 to lay the ground work for essay 3.
Essay 3 does feel especially like a personal branding essay.
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2008
Posts: 1221
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2011, 09:27
I wouldn't worry too much about the question of whether you can introduce new information in essay 3. The reader is more interested in whether or not you're a fit with the Kellogg culture and going to be a contributor to the community. I don't see them taking the time to check whether the information presented in that essay is already established elsewhere in the app.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 488
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2011, 10:48
Has anyone asked their recommenders to start their letters yet?

I want to give my recommenders at least 4 weeks. But with the possibility of the app not going live until late August, it would push back my LORs being submitted until maybe October. I plan on having my essays complete by mid August and I would really hate having to wait 2 more weeks for the app to go live and then another 4 weeks while my recommenders write their letters. This would mean that I'd be completely done with my app, but couldn't press submit for 30-45 days.

I'm thinking of giving my recommenders last year's LOR questions and asking them to go ahead and get started, so that when the app does go live, they can make a few adjustments if need be (if case there are any changes to this year's LOR questions), and hopefully have their LORs in by early September.

Does this sound reasonable? Any suggestions, ideas, or comments?
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2010
Posts: 77
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 8

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2011, 13:13
MDF wrote:
Has anyone asked their recommenders to start their letters yet?

I want to give my recommenders at least 4 weeks. But with the possibility of the app not going live until late August, it would push back my LORs being submitted until maybe October. I plan on having my essays complete by mid August and I would really hate having to wait 2 more weeks for the app to go live and then another 4 weeks while my recommenders write their letters. This would mean that I'd be completely done with my app, but couldn't press submit for 30-45 days.

I'm thinking of giving my recommenders last year's LOR questions and asking them to go ahead and get started, so that when the app does go live, they can make a few adjustments if need be (if case there are any changes to this year's LOR questions), and hopefully have their LORs in by early September.

Does this sound reasonable? Any suggestions, ideas, or comments?


You do know that applications are not looked at before the deadline at K? I don't see any advantage of hitting submit on Sept 1st vs. Oct 18th. As long as you get in R1, you should be good.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 488
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2011, 03:28
pkatmi wrote:
MDF wrote:
Has anyone asked their recommenders to start their letters yet?

I want to give my recommenders at least 4 weeks. But with the possibility of the app not going live until late August, it would push back my LORs being submitted until maybe October. I plan on having my essays complete by mid August and I would really hate having to wait 2 more weeks for the app to go live and then another 4 weeks while my recommenders write their letters. This would mean that I'd be completely done with my app, but couldn't press submit for 30-45 days.

I'm thinking of giving my recommenders last year's LOR questions and asking them to go ahead and get started, so that when the app does go live, they can make a few adjustments if need be (if case there are any changes to this year's LOR questions), and hopefully have their LORs in by early September.

Does this sound reasonable? Any suggestions, ideas, or comments?


You do know that applications are not looked at before the deadline at K? I don't see any advantage of hitting submit on Sept 1st vs. Oct 18th. As long as you get in R1, you should be good.


You're absolutely right. But I still think there might be a slight advantage:

a) An earlier submit should place you further up in the queue. And in my personal opinion, I think you might have a better shot if you're the 53rd app reviewed opposed to the 948th. For instance, if you're a white male with a consulting background/730GMAT/3.5GPA, and they've already admitted 30 people with an identical profile earlier in that round, they might wait list you even though you may have made the cut had they reviewed your app earlier.

b) I can press submit and force myself to stop thinking about & tinkering with my app! :)
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 1346
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2011, 05:37
MDF wrote:
pkatmi wrote:
MDF wrote:
Has anyone asked their recommenders to start their letters yet?

I want to give my recommenders at least 4 weeks. But with the possibility of the app not going live until late August, it would push back my LORs being submitted until maybe October. I plan on having my essays complete by mid August and I would really hate having to wait 2 more weeks for the app to go live and then another 4 weeks while my recommenders write their letters. This would mean that I'd be completely done with my app, but couldn't press submit for 30-45 days.

I'm thinking of giving my recommenders last year's LOR questions and asking them to go ahead and get started, so that when the app does go live, they can make a few adjustments if need be (if case there are any changes to this year's LOR questions), and hopefully have their LORs in by early September.

Does this sound reasonable? Any suggestions, ideas, or comments?


You do know that applications are not looked at before the deadline at K? I don't see any advantage of hitting submit on Sept 1st vs. Oct 18th. As long as you get in R1, you should be good.


You're absolutely right. But I still think there might be a slight advantage:

a) An earlier submit should place you further up in the queue. And in my personal opinion, I think you might have a better shot if you're the 53rd app reviewed opposed to the 948th. For instance, if you're a white male with a consulting background/730GMAT/3.5GPA, and they've already admitted 30 people with an identical profile earlier in that round, they might wait list you even though you may have made the cut had they reviewed your app earlier.

b) I can press submit and force myself to stop thinking about & tinkering with my app! :)


This is just my two cents, and you can take it or leave it. There is NO other candidate identical to you. NONE! It's your job to make the adcom see that. So whether you're the first application that's viewed or the 900th, they will NOT have seen you until they see YOU. You are way more than your stats. Sure there could be 500 White males with 720-740 GMAT scores, 3.5 GPAs, and a consulting background. But that's basic. Maybe you worked on a project that people at your level RARELY get access to? Maybe you're the oldest in a family of 12 and basically helped raise your siblings. Maybe you self-funded your entire undergrad education through part-time work and scholarships. Maybe you're a marathon runner or an avid hang glider. Maybe you're a 3rd degree black belt in tae kwon do. You might be a Big Brother who has had the same Little for 5 years and were instrumental in that child's growth. Maybe you organized a trip down to New Orleans right after Hurrican Katrina. Maybe you want to move from consulting into clean tech investing. Who the heck knows? My point is that itching to press send on the application probably won't give you the advantage you think it will. And the last person to submit may be the first person read. Remember apps are divided out by pools and then divided amongst readers within that pool. They could read them in alphabetical order for all you know. In the immortal words of Dwayne Wayne, "Relax, Relate, RELEASE!!"
_________________

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com
Image

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2012 Applicants!   [#permalink] 25 Jul 2011, 05:37
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
153 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants cheetarah1980 1928 06 Jul 2011, 09:05
18 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants scorpionz 453 16 Dec 2011, 17:54
3 Kellogg Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 18 08 Sep 2011, 01:39
Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg MMM 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 4 08 Sep 2011, 00:22
Kellogg (1-year) 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 15 06 Sep 2011, 03:39
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  97    Next  [ 1929 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.