Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:41 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

How can GMAT Club help you in getting off the Waitlist?

12% [2]
6% [1]
31% [5]
50% [8]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Waitlisted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) [#permalink]
how are you all getting information? everytime i call admissions they are super tight lipped.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Waitlisted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) [#permalink]
Kudos
Clevelandrocks58 wrote:
how are you all getting information? everytime i call admissions they are super tight lipped.

Her secretary reached out to me and asked to set up a time for us to talk. I didn't reach out to the office.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
igerman wrote:
Clevelandrocks58 wrote:

Her secretary reached out to me and asked to set up a time for us to talk. I didn't reach out to the office.

Same here
Manager
Manager
Send PM
had my call last week, officially got the ding today
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sulmona wrote:

That's disappointing! Who called you last week? Did they ask for updates to your app?

I thought a call was a good sign, but maybe not?! :shock:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
eb888 wrote:
sulmona wrote:

That's disappointing! Who called you last week? Did they ask for updates to your app?

my call was a bit different than yours, basically thanking me for applying but class was basically full.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
sulmona wrote:
eb888 wrote:
sulmona wrote:

my call was a bit different than yours, basically thanking me for applying but class was basically full.

Received an email too with the ding. No calls for me though. International applicant.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Is anyone still on the wait list?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
hubbl3 wrote:

Yep. Still waiting...not particularly hopeful. I am really confused as to who they are calling. Seems like people they call are being offered PT or declined. I haven't heard a peep and I am still on the list. It is all a little unsettling. I am already planning my applications for next year.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
amarulia wrote:
hubbl3 wrote:

Yep. Still waiting...not particularly hopeful. I am really confused as to who they are calling. Seems like people they call are being offered PT or declined. I haven't heard a peep and I am still on the list. It is all a little unsettling. I am already planning my applications for next year.

Part of me thinks they hated our apps so much that they wanted to see us suffer more than the others.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
hubbl3 wrote:
amarulia wrote:
hubbl3 wrote:

Part of me thinks they hated our apps so much that they wanted to see us suffer more than the others.

Yeah maybe my 68 slide power point presentation that I included with my last update was too much...just kidding.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
hubbl3 wrote:

My sense is there are still quite a few people on the waitlist. The one's who have recently reported being removed look to be international applicants. It may be that, at this point, the calendar might simply make it impossible for them to make immigration arrangements and be able to join the class on time. But that's just my speculation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
whittierst wrote:
hubbl3 wrote:

My sense is there are still quite a few people on the waitlist. The one's who have recently reported being removed look to be international applicants. It may be that, at this point, the calendar might simply make it impossible for them to make immigration arrangements and be able to join the class on time. But that's just my speculation.

From a recent reddit post. You can be the judge of the validity of the comment, but it's the best i've been able to find so far.

"I'm a kellogg student, and am hearing this 2nd hand but:
1) kellogg had more people accept offers of admissions this year than years prior. This was driven partially by giving out larger scholarships to people with high gmats (a game we historically didn't play, but booth did, therefore their increase in the rankings).
2) Our gmat is increasing to ~727
3) Because of the over subscribing, our class was functionally "full" before 3rd round. The assumption is that many less WL people will be let off this year.
4) lack of attention...they made a conscious decision to spend more resources convincing accepted student to attend than communicating with WL. In previous years, adcoms were spending ~80% of their time talking to WL students instead of trying to convince accepted to attend."

https://www.reddit.com/r/MBA/comments/3bkc29/is_anyone_still_on_the_kellogg_waitlist_for_fall/css27wu
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.41
WE:Consulting (Real Estate)
Send PM
I have received no information from Kellogg, which has been disappointing. I let them know via waitlist update, and again by calling, that I had tuition due at another school (that's right, tuition, not deposit - this seemed pretty early based on asking friend about their payment schedules at other programs), but got no feedback. Oh, well. As much as I wanted to go to Kellogg, I'm excited to be starting at Stern this fall (and for this process to be over). Best of luck to all those still waiting!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SB617 wrote:
I have received no information from Kellogg, which has been disappointing. I let them know via waitlist update, and again by calling, that I had tuition due at another school (that's right, tuition, not deposit - this seemed pretty early based on asking friend about their payment schedules at other programs), but got no feedback. Oh, well. As much as I wanted to go to Kellogg, I'm excited to be starting at Stern this fall (and for this process to be over). Best of luck to all those still waiting!

Congrats on Stern! They will for sure provide the exit opportunities you're seeking.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
hubbl3 wrote:
whittierst wrote:
hubbl3 wrote:

From a recent reddit post. You can be the judge of the validity of the comment, but it's the best i've been able to find so far.

"I'm a kellogg student, and am hearing this 2nd hand but:
1) kellogg had more people accept offers of admissions this year than years prior. This was driven partially by giving out larger scholarships to people with high gmats (a game we historically didn't play, but booth did, therefore their increase in the rankings).
2) Our gmat is increasing to ~727
3) Because of the over subscribing, our class was functionally "full" before 3rd round. The assumption is that many less WL people will be let off this year.
4) lack of attention...they made a conscious decision to spend more resources convincing accepted student to attend than communicating with WL. In previous years, adcoms were spending ~80% of their time talking to WL students instead of trying to convince accepted to attend."

https://www.reddit.com/r/MBA/comments/3bkc29/is_anyone_still_on_the_kellogg_waitlist_for_fall/css27wu

If that's true than GMAT inflation is really getting out of control (I mean you can't blame Kellogg (or applicants) for playing by the rules of the game though... however frustrating it may be). This is especially true as Kellogg never seemed to be one of the top schools (historically) to focus as obsessively on eye-popping GMATs. 720 is the new 700 and 740 the new 720 it seems.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Officially accepted to the part time program today, pretty pumped about it! Good luck to anyone still waiting, ya never know I guess :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts