Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

How can GMAT Club help you in getting off the Waitlist?

12% [2]
6% [1]
31% [5]
50% [8]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.65
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Waitlisted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) [#permalink]
forevertfc wrote:
Hey guys,

Don't want to start this all over again, but can't help myself. My date stopped moving on January 16th after updating everyday. Did this happen for everyone?

It stopped for me on the 16th as well. I think it's worth our sanity to ignore the date at this point - my own conclusion after decisions were released was that there is no connection between the date changes and admission decisions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Waitlisted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) [#permalink]
My video essay date has not changed since the 16th too.

Btw, any guideline on how long should a typical update be? Also, should it be in an essay format?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
How is everyone holding up?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.81
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Looks like a long shot. I don't think any has heard anything yet.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
Send PM
Yea, it's been quiet over here.

What has everyone else been doing in the meantime?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.81
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Hoping for a Johnson interview and get in? hahaha you are in a lot better position than I am dtse86!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Trying to figure out how to pay off my current loans before school starts on this end, lol.

Talked to a couple of people and I've heard of a number of people that have gotten off waitlist at both Kellogg and Stanford in Round 2. Definitely still hope.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:
Trying to figure out how to pay off my current loans before school starts on this end, lol.

Talked to a couple of people and I've heard of a number of people that have gotten off waitlist at both Kellogg and Stanford in Round 2. Definitely still hope.

Thanks. It's good to hear that.

I only wish that I could get my hands on some waitlist statistics just so I had an idea of what my chances are. This being in complete limbo is gonna drive me nuts!! :madd
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dtse86 wrote:
forevertfc wrote:

I only wish that I could get my hands on some waitlist statistics just so I had an idea of what my chances are. This being in complete limbo is gonna drive me nuts!! :madd

I feel the same way. I've spoken to my one friend at Kellogg, who has said that she knows "many people" who got in from the wait list. There's still hope, but she seems more optimistic than me.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hubbl3 wrote:
dtse86 wrote:
forevertfc wrote:

I feel the same way. I've spoken to my one friend at Kellogg, who has said that she knows "many people" who got in from the wait list. There's still hope, but she seems more optimistic than me.

I keep hearing the same; "R2 applicant pool is not as competitive as Rd1". Yet, when I look back at the old waitlist threads, it seems like no one ever gets off.

Who knows...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.07
Send PM
Has anyone gotten dinged from the wait list yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V47
GPA: 3.52
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Just submitted my waitlist update. I did a letter that contained both a professional update and why kellogg mini-essay.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Any idea when we can expect an update? NVM, looked at the waitlist FAQs and an earlier post. Guess we just have to wait until Mar 25th

It appears from last year's thread there were mass updates on Feb 26, Mar 25 (R2 Decisions), Apr 23rd, and finally June 24th.

Don't know how it'll work this year as it seems like they are straying from what they've typically done for the WLs, but it'd be nice to have any idea of when we can expect something...

The wait is killing me!!! :saw :boom
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did anyone else receive the PTMBA email? I pasted it below. I'm guessing this might be a glitch; I didn't see any updates in my app.

Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg Part Time MBA program and your recent application submission. We are looking forward to meeting you and learning more about your goals and aspirations.

Please visit our Interview Scheduling Website in the next three days to schedule your interview. Once you have scheduled an interview, you will receive a confirmation email with details about the interview.

We are looking forward to having you on campus.

Sincerely,

Kellogg Part-Time MBA Program
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did anyone else receive the PTMBA email? I pasted it below. I'm guessing this might be a glitch; I didn't see any updates in my app.

Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg Part Time MBA program and your recent application submission. We are looking forward to meeting you and learning more about your goals and aspirations.

Please visit our Interview Scheduling Website in the next three days to schedule your interview. Once you have scheduled an interview, you will receive a confirmation email with details about the interview.

Sincerely,

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
hubbl3 wrote:

Sincerely,

Yea, I just got that email a few minutes ago. No other updates. Strange huh? Maybe it was a glitch but they are trying to offer us part time?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.07
Send PM
Yea, I received that email too. I heard that in past years some applicants that we're wait listed for the 2 year program got acceptances for the part time program. Hopefully that is not the case for us.

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts