Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
aurum17 wrote:
Can any current student help me get Donna Bauman's email id? I forgot to ask for it after my Skype interview.

Those yet to interview, here are the questions I got:
1. Walk me through your resume (worded a little differently though)
2. Why are you looking for an MBA? Where do you see your career in the future?
3. Why does KF appeal to you?
4. What are the kind of activities outside KF (she hinted towards community activities) that you have participated in?
5. What kind of teamwork experiences have you had in your professional life and what have you learned from them?
6. Is there anything you'd like to add that I haven't asked you about?
7. Any questions for me?

Good luck to all applicants.

aurum17 . I was interviewed by her as well. Here goes her mail ID-

Donna_Bauman@unc.edu

All the best for the results! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
sourabhsur123 wrote:
aurum17 wrote:
Can any current student help me get Donna Bauman's email id? I forgot to ask for it after my Skype interview.

Those yet to interview, here are the questions I got:
1. Walk me through your resume (worded a little differently though)
2. Why are you looking for an MBA? Where do you see your career in the future?
3. Why does KF appeal to you?
4. What are the kind of activities outside KF (she hinted towards community activities) that you have participated in?
5. What kind of teamwork experiences have you had in your professional life and what have you learned from them?
6. Is there anything you'd like to add that I haven't asked you about?
7. Any questions for me?

Good luck to all applicants.

aurum17 . I was interviewed by her as well. Here goes her mail ID-

Donna_Bauman@unc.edu

All the best for the results! :)

Thank you so much. Good luck to you too! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Got interview invite yesterday.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aravinth545 wrote:

Your post made me feel a bit better aravinth545. Seems like they are still floating interviews... hope to get one for me soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
jugglerG2 wrote:
aravinth545 wrote:

Your post made me feel a bit better aravinth545. Seems like they are still floating interviews... hope to get one for me soon.

Hi jugglerG2,

I applied in Round 2. When did you apply?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aravinth545 wrote:
jugglerG2 wrote:
aravinth545 wrote:

Hi jugglerG2,

I applied in Round 2. When did you apply?

And there goes all my excitement... I am R1. Dingsville... here I come :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 444
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Rofl..count me in..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Olin '18 (S)
Send PM
I called the adcom yesterday and got to know that R1 calls can very much be expected till the notification date.
Can't say whether this stands as their default answer for any interview related query.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Escalate wrote:
I called the adcom yesterday and got to know that R1 calls can very much be expected till the notification date.
Can't say whether this stands as their default answer for any interview related query.

This seems like a standard answer to me. If they keep rolling out the interview invitations till decision date, when will the candidate get time to schedule and be mentally prepared for the interview. I think the invites will dry up pretty soon.

Having said that, I would like to tell everyone that I am saying so to keep my hopes balanced rather than hanging on a loose thread. If you can keep your hopes of a interview invite alive till decision date, nothing better than that. Trying to be practical is what I am doing.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 444
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I feel the same. I was also a lil disenchanted when they sent invites to people without app submission so thankfully I'm not too hung up on KFBS..
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
jugglerG2 wrote:

This seems like a standard answer to me. If they keep rolling out the interview invitations till decision date, when will the candidate get time to schedule and be mentally prepared for the interview. I think the invites will dry up pretty soon.

Having said that, I would like to tell everyone that I am saying so to keep my hopes balanced rather than hanging on a loose thread. If you can keep your hopes of a interview invite alive till decision date, nothing better than that. Trying to be practical is what I am doing.

I agree that this is a standard reply from all the schools, but I still feel that it is too early to close curtains for the EA round applicants. Today is 18th and the results will be out on 14th. This is a sufficiently long period for the ADCOM to interview people and decide on the final result.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
jugglerG2 wrote:

I agree that this is a standard reply from all the schools, but I still feel that it is too early to close curtains for the EA round applicants. Today is 18th and the results will be out on 14th. This is a sufficiently long period for the ADCOM to interview people and decide on the final result.

That is true but having applied really early in EA, I am losing hopes considering the fact that the review of applications happen on first come basis.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
AriesDamsel9 wrote:
Can anyone tell me whether it's advisable to apply in Round 2 (Dec 4)?

I am a female with 4+ years of work experience in IT, market research and strategy. Have a GMAT score of 680.

Thanks in advance!

680 is slightly below the average, but not at the bottom of scores. You'll have a chance as long as you have a good application (work experience, story, etc.).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
jugglerG2 wrote:
ankurgupta03 wrote:
jugglerG2 wrote:

That is true but having applied really early in EA, I am losing hopes considering the fact that the review of applications happen on first come basis.

I am not so sure about the first come, first served basis. My impression was that except for special cases, once application deadlines passed, they just threw everything into one batch and reviewed them at random. I haven't specifically asked about this.

As far as the interview goes, I'd guess you have about 2 weeks left to reasonably get an interview invitation. With dates that close, they will probably insist on a skype interview instead of in-person, though I know there are some interviews happening later this month and early/mid next month. There is always the chance of reevaluation in round 2 as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
Send PM
Any one planning to visit UNC (for interview) on Monday 23rd Nov. It would be good to connect. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
alwayswaiting wrote:

I am not so sure about the first come, first served basis. My impression was that except for special cases, once application deadlines passed, they just threw everything into one batch and reviewed them at random. I haven't specifically asked about this.

As far as the interview goes, I'd guess you have about 2 weeks left to reasonably get an interview invitation. With dates that close, they will probably insist on a skype interview instead of in-person, though I know there are some interviews happening later this month and early/mid next month. There is always the chance of reevaluation in round 2 as well.

Hi alwayswaiting,

Thanks for your inputs. May be I am losing hope way too early, will keep fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Please guys someone help me out with my question- for round 1 applicants should we be expecting any decisions prior to the dec 15th or the adcom only releases decisions on dec 15?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts