Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:06 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: LBS '17 (M$)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Schools: LBS '17 (WL)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS Applicants - (2015 Intake) - Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Sorry can't work that out - I think its likely to see movement in June.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 580 Q44 V27
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail)
Send PM
gcb09173 wrote:

let's wait for june then :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
crazu4 wrote:
gcb09173 wrote:

Yes. This is quite surprising that there have been no rejections or acceptances we have heard of from the waitlist - I am still sure there must be some movement? Bit unusual that the waitlist has been this static....

Possibly not the best news with term starting in August now...fear running out of time here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
humboldt wrote:
crazu4 wrote:
gcb09173 wrote:

Yes. This is quite surprising that there have been no rejections or acceptances we have heard of from the waitlist - I am still sure there must be some movement? Bit unusual that the waitlist has been this static....

Possibly not the best news with term starting in August now...fear running out of time here.

i guess there was, actually. If you go down to the end of round 2 in this thread i guess there was someone who got in from the waitlist. i truly remember reading it here.

dont loose hope! everything is possible!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Let's see- with 500 odd ppl being offered, it's tough odds for 100-150 to drop out even if given a comfortable breakage rate. Quite surprised no ones heard of rejection/acceptance at all from waiting list - have to really sympathise with anyone from r1 waiting list!

If we don't get in does our app get carried fwd?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: LBS '17 (S)
Send PM
Has anyone from Round 4 seen a change to their My Profile > Applications page at this point?

I still see only:

MBA
Type:
Start Date: TBA
Application Deadline: TBA

I believe that others had seen updates in these fields at some point, so it seems strange to still have no changes on Interview decision day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
griffboyle wrote:
Has anyone from Round 4 seen a change to their My Profile > Applications page at this point?

I still see only:

MBA
Type:
Start Date: TBA
Application Deadline: TBA

I believe that others had seen updates in these fields at some point, so it seems strange to still have no changes on Interview decision day.

R4 here too. Still nothing. I guess the invitations/ rejections will be out later today? Has anyone already received an email?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Real Estate (Investment Banking)
Send PM
i am also a R4 applicant and have not seen anything
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I just received my invitation to interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
gcb09173 wrote:
Yes it can include studying abroad but they are particularly keen to understand how you work in an international setting. That really doesn't have to be working abroad but could be dealing with cross border teams through audiovisual technology, or connecting with teams in another country regularly - sharing work etc.

I.e. could deal with outsourced teams in another country who are undertaking work for you - or you collaborate with colleagues in another country on a sales initiative - or you have to gather information from teams spread across the country.

It could be part of your permanent role or it could be a short term project etc. The interview I was asked about working with teams abroad and the challenges with facing people from different cultures in that work context. SO ideally you can find some work experience with an international dimension to it that you can leverage in the essays.

I am grateful to you for very informative answers ,gcb09173!

2 weeks ago I met with local consultant on study abroad. During the meeting, topic was especially on admission to LBS and LBS like schools, he insistingly focused on having a job in managerial position which is one of 3, 4 must have merit in order to get into LBS. Added that, 2 years of managerial position is bottom line.. - How realistic this approach or reality is? :roll:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mrslee wrote:
gcb09173 wrote:
Yes it can include studying abroad but they are particularly keen to understand how you work in an international setting. That really doesn't have to be working abroad but could be dealing with cross border teams through audiovisual technology, or connecting with teams in another country regularly - sharing work etc.

I.e. could deal with outsourced teams in another country who are undertaking work for you - or you collaborate with colleagues in another country on a sales initiative - or you have to gather information from teams spread across the country.

It could be part of your permanent role or it could be a short term project etc. The interview I was asked about working with teams abroad and the challenges with facing people from different cultures in that work context. SO ideally you can find some work experience with an international dimension to it that you can leverage in the essays.

I am grateful to you for very informative answers ,gcb09173!

2 weeks ago I met with local consultant on study abroad. During the meeting, topic was especially on admission to LBS and LBS like schools, he insistingly focused on having a job in managerial position which is one of 3, 4 must have merit in order to get into LBS. Added that, 2 years of managerial position is bottom line.. - How realistic this approach or reality is? :roll:

Not sure I entirely understand that last paragraph. However as for a managerial position I'm not entirely sure that's accurate - I certainly haven't had any 'direct report responsibility'. However what you must have is 'Impact' - that is the work you do has a significant impact on the organisation.

The 'leadership' component could be in matrix teams where you are generating buy in from stakeholders etc to see completion of a project. Not necessarily actually being in charge of others. Hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jojolv wrote:

congrats!!!

i got the opposite e-mail, unfortunately. :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
crazu4 wrote:
jojolv wrote:

congrats!!!

i got the opposite e-mail, unfortunately. :(

:( aw so sorry
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Experience our renowned faculty at our Paris Master Class
  I’m delighted to invite you to our exclusive Paris Faculty Master Class on Thursday 28 May. The event will be led by Dr Margaret Ormiston, Assistant Professor of Organisational Behaviour. Set in groups of 4-5, you’ll take part in The Crocodile Exercise, facilitated by Dr Ormiston. The exercise will help to identify and highlight […]

Read the rest of this entry...
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM

By Paul Lanzillotti, Amerasia Consulting Group
OUR RANKING OF BUSINESS SCHOOL PROGRAMS BY PERCENTAGE OF GRADUATES ENTERING THE TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY IN 2014.
Today's blog post is a follow up to our Top MBA Programs in Finance ranking. It's also our continued attempt at ranking top MBA programs by industry and based on publicly available data.

UC Berkeley Haas comes out on top when it comes to sending graduates (as a percentage of all graduates in 2014) back into the technology industry. UCLA Anderson is second, but it's not even close. Hands down, Haas is the place to be if you're into technology and want to work for a related firm in the industry.

BUYER BEWARE
Now before you get too far into interpreting the numbers, a few words of caution. What we have done is an inaugural attempt at a numerically based ranking and its not perfect. It's based on our interpretation of the numbers put forth by top business schools.
  • Let us explain. Most MBA career centers report employment numbers according to the categories that we use in our rankings. Some schools break "industry" categories into further sub-categories. Other programs - i.e. Michigan Ross - roll up their industry categories under more general headers like "manufacturing". So you could be a "marketing" professional but be within the manufacturing industry. To be forthright, it's a little confusing. (This is why we have decided to exclude Michigan Ross from some categories until we gather a little more insight into their self-reported numbers.)

None-the-less, we have tried to make sense of it all and to do this we did combine some categories in order to get an apples-to-apples comparison across schools. Clear as mud?
WHY WE USE EMPLOYMENT DATA TO RANK SCHOOLS
Our opinion is that recruiting (i.e. who's hiring) drives most programs "investment" decisions - in students, faculty, courses, experiential initiatives, alumni outreach, etc.  So to know to what a specific MBA program is really all about, you need to see the end result. In other words, what industries are hiring MBA graduates and from what schools?

We compiled this ranking based on information taken directly from the following MBA employment reports.

Haas https://haas.berkeley.edu/groups/careercenter/reports/14-15ReportSummary.pdf

UCLA Anderson https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/Documents/areas/adm/cmc/2014%20PARKER%20CMC%20Employment%20Report%2002.10.15%20LR.pdf

Stanford GSB https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/documents/Stanford%20GSB%20Employment%20Report%202013-14.pdf

MIT Sloan https://mitsloan.mit.edu/pdf/Class_of_2014-intern_employment_report.pdf

HBS https://www.hbs.edu/recruiting/mba/data-and-statistics/employment-statistics.html

Wharton https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/your-career/career-statistics.cfm

Kellogg https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/career_employer/employment_statistics.aspx

Chicago Booth https://www.chicagobooth.edu/employmentreport/

Columbia https://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/recruiters/employmentreport

NYU Stern https://www.stern.nyu.edu/programs-admissions/full-time-mba/career/employment-statistics

Tuck https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/careers/employment-statistics

Yale SOM https://som.yale.edu/yale-som-connect/recruiting/employment-statistics

Michigan Ross https://michiganross.umich.edu/our-community/recruiters

Duke Fuqua https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/mba_recruiting/recruiting_duke/employment_statistics/

Cornell Johnson https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Career-Management/Employment-Report-for-Two-Year-MBAs

UVA Darden https://www.darden.virginia.edu/recruiters-companies/hire-an-mba/employment-reports/
FINALLY, DOES THE WORLD REALLY NEED ANOTHER BUSINESS SCHOOL RANKING?
We think "yes". We've never felt completely comfortable with the rankings because (to our knowledge) the raw data that drives the US News and Businessweek rankings has never been fully disclosed. So we decided to start over and with the very numbers that the school's career centers are reporting via their respective employment reporting.

That being said, we welcome any constructive feedback you may have. Email us at MBA@amerasiaconsulting.com with comments or if you're looking for an expert admissions consultant to lead you through the application process.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM LBS Current Students Blog: A royal end to our first year
Sitting in our last class of term, a lecture on sustainability and part of our ‘Business, Government and Society’ course, I was feeling confused by how quickly the first year flew by. Before the lecture our stream had gathered on the sunny front lawn for a celebratory picnic to mark the last time we would ever all sit in a lecture theatre together. Little did we know that this particular class was going to be even more memorable than we had anticipated.

We did wonder as we walked through Sainsbury building on our way to the lecture theatre – what were all the security presence was for. As the lecturer, Andrew Scott, Professor of Economics, wrapped up the first half of class, he shared details of the guest speaker who had been scheduled for the end of the lecture. Well, I won’t keep you in suspense any longer – it was none other than His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales! Or Prince Charles, son of the Queen, father of Princes William and Harry, and grandfather of George and Charlotte, as he is also known.

The Prince of Wales began by asking us whether we had covered sustainability as part of our course. It’s not every day you have the opportunity to talk with the Royal Family, so I put up my hand. I explained that as well as our Business, Government and Society course, we had also covered a case on The Body Shop.

His Royal Highness went on to talk about The Prince’s Accounting for Sustainability Project (A4S), an organisation he set up over a decade ago to get the finance, accounting and investor community to support a real shift towards a sustainable economy. He expressed his concern that “we talk about the human economy in isolation from the natural economy” and stressed that we have to “encourage business to think more long term”. He asked us whether we had heard about the circular economy, which is something that I actually only found out about since starting the MBA, through the very interesting Schmidt-MacArthur Fellowship which was promoted on campus last term.

The Prince of Wales went on to speak to a gathering of deans and programme directors from leading business schools, hosted on campus, to promote accounting for sustainability in their MBA and research programmes.

The timing was fitting, a day before the School’s Society.Economy.Environment Summit , which  addressed he future of sustainable business with nearly 100 attendees and high-profile speakers from organisations such as Marks & Spencer and GlaxoSmithKline, as well as A4S. I co-organised the event so I hope you’ll forgive the plug!

All in all it was an incredible high to end the first year on, and campus was buzzing with excitement all afternoon, fuelled by excited student selfies taken with the Prince in the background as he left campus.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Welcome to the new EMBA-Global Americas & Europe class
The new EMBA-Global Americas and Europe class kicked off the programme with their Orientation week in May. I was delighted to see 71 senior executives from various industries and from various parts of the world coming together in London for their first block week. The week launched with various orientation sessions and presentations. Students met their study group fellows for the first […]

Read the rest of this entry...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts