Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 01:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 29

Re: Calling all London Business School 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2011, 08:05
FrozenTongue wrote:
Arggh LBS... really boring essays, and too much about LBS itself....

pained to death with that student involvement essay

Hahhahaha this comment made me laugh

~ PickyTooth - Eat Like a Local Foodie // www.pickytooth.com ~

Intern
Intern
Schools: London Business School
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2011, 06:46
josephcambridge wrote:
I applied last year in R2 and was waitlisted. A few weeks ago they asked me if I wanted to submit a letter and CV to the adcom to explain what had changed. I did but didn't put too much hope in it, and I found out on Thursday I got an offer!

Does anyone know when scholarship offers are sent? It's only a 1/5 chance and I can't imagine re-applicants are high on the list, so again not too hopeful!

Best of luck to everyone applying.
Joseph

Josephcambridge,
The first batch of scholarship is offered by end January. All the scholarships are offers by the June.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2011, 06:56
Hi All,

Need a quick help. I have a certificate from my university which states that English was the medium of Instruction.
However, i am not able to find any place on the application where i can upload the same.

I have sent an email to adcom but no reply yet. Tried calling them but getting message that All routes are busy..

Anyone has any idea where can we upload this document.

Wanted to submit my application today but kind of confused about this particular aspect
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2011, 11:25
maxmoju wrote:
I have sent an email to adcom but no reply yet. Tried calling them but getting message that All routes are busy..

Why do I get the feeling that LBS is a tad slow in replying to queries? They also seem to be the only UK school who have not put out any POV/analysis of the visa issues.

maxmoju wrote:
Need a quick help. I have a certificate from my university which states that English was the medium of Instruction.
However, i am not able to find any place on the application where i can upload the same.

If I were you, I would merge this certificate with the transcript and upload as one document in place of the transcript (only if the adcom does not reply at all).
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 118

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2011, 18:38
thevillageMBA wrote:
Why do I get the feeling that LBS is a tad slow in replying to queries? They also seem to be the only UK school who have not put out any POV/analysis of the visa issues.

They are definitely slow. I asked them few queries and got a response after more than a week. I asked them few more and no response yet. Same thing with alumni. The first person I contacted from the "Contact a student" page did not respond and later found that his name is taken off from the page. So I contacted another person and again no response yet.

Honestly I have till now contacted around 5 schools and this has been my worst experience.
Manager
Manager

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2011, 18:44
maxmoju wrote:
Hi All,

Wanted to submit my application today but kind of confused about this particular aspect

Is it necessary to submit such a document. I did not find this requirement anywhere on the application.
Intern
Intern
Schools: London Business School

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2011, 20:33
maxmoju wrote:
Hi All,

It is highly recommended that you first confirm this with adcom before proceeding with your application in order to avoid any unpleasant surprises later. LBS is very understanding on this subject as I am witness to this.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg
WE 1: Project Engineer (1yr)
WE 2: Analyst(3 yrs)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 02:14
I'm in for R1
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg
WE 1: Project Engineer (1yr)
WE 2: Analyst(3 yrs)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all London Business School 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 02:23
Pkit wrote:
mwananchi wrote:
count me in for Round 2

Mister, sorry, but are you blind??!!

Please clarify, I did updated my profile but I still can't see my name on the list.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 08:02
In for round 1!
Intern
Intern

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 11:13
nikhilsrl wrote:
maxmoju wrote:
Hi All,

Is it necessary to submit such a document. I did not find this requirement anywhere on the application.

It is not necessary if your transcript mentions that English was the medium of instruction.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 29

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 12:11
Did y'all add your CV to the essay template? I just uploaded as a separate file.

The instructions of the essay template on what to do with your CV is unclear as to whether you should also include the CV in the essay template...

~ PickyTooth - Eat Like a Local Foodie // www.pickytooth.com ~

Manager
Manager

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 18:21
enkie wrote:
Did y'all add your CV to the essay template? I just uploaded as a separate file.

The instructions of the essay template on what to do with your CV is unclear as to whether you should also include the CV in the essay template...

I am doing the same thing. Since they are giving a separate option to upload CV that should be it.
Intern
Intern

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2011, 00:45
nikhilsrl wrote:
enkie wrote:

I am doing the same thing. Since they are giving a separate option to upload CV that should be it.

Same here! Uploading CV without attaching to essay template.
The application software is pretty neat (and detailed) but the essay template gives confusing instructions.
Intern
Intern

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2011, 07:09
Why is LBS hell bent on giving out conflicting information?

A)
The referees section on MBA Applying page says: "You need to ask two people to be your referees: 1. your current employer (if you don't want to ask your employer to be a referee, a colleague is acceptable); 2. someone else who knows you well in a work context, for example a former employer or long-standing client."

B) However on the right side at the Manage Referees page in the application, they say:
One referee should be a current or previous employer, colleague, or someone else who knows you well at work.We understand that you may not want to give your current and immediate manager as a referee.

A) means that one recommendation MUST come from current employer, could be supervisor or otherwise; and second from former employer or client and so on.

B) means that both recommendations could be from previous employers.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2011, 05:21
thevillageMBA wrote:
nikhilsrl wrote:
maxmoju wrote:
Hi All,

It is not necessary if your transcript mentions that English was the medium of instruction.

My transcript doesn't state that and hence the reason i have an additional certificate stating the same.
Anyways, i got a reply from them stating that i can email the certificate directly and they'll take care of it.

Thanks for the help guys !!!
Manager
Manager

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2011, 06:44
Submitted my app for R1
Intern
Intern

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2011, 09:36
nikhilsrl wrote:
Submitted my app for R1

Submitted mine yesterday. Good luck to you all.
@maxmoju: Good to know you could reach through to them finally. Good luck!
Manager
Manager

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2011, 09:45
Good luck to everyone
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.49

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2011, 18:59
got a question about the length of the program. When they say 15months, does that include the few months of internship between year 1 and 2?
Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 06 Oct 2011, 18:59