Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:20 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Hi,

The McCombs application specifically mentions one recommendation.

In my particular situation, i believe two recommendations (one of which is from my supervisor) adds value and insight.

Would there be any problems you think from submitting two recommendations? Has anyone else ask Adcom about this already?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Are there any specific recommendation questions?
Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
lav4 wrote:
Are there any specific recommendation questions?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

This link will give you an idea about the form for the recommenders.

https://blog.clearadmit.com/2015/08/ut-a ... 2015-2016/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Submitted App for R1.. Good luck everyone...:)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi guys,

I need urgent help. I submitted my application yesterday but was never prompted to pay the fees and haven't received any e-mail for the same. The deadline is tomorrow. Is somebody else facing the same situation? Should I call the AdCom and check?

Thanks a lot.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
lav4 wrote:
Hi guys,

I need urgent help. I submitted my application yesterday but was never prompted to pay the fees and haven't received any e-mail for the same. The deadline is tomorrow. Is somebody else facing the same situation? Should I call the AdCom and check?

Thanks a lot.

Hi lav4,

Im yet to submit my application but maybe this might help u.

https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full ... ns/Process

Check the "After Applying" tab - It tells that after you submit the form, there is a link "What I Owe" that will show the details on how to pay.
The website says it takes 2 days for it to be generated.

So guess that the deadline is applicable for submission.

Also make sure you go through the above link carefully.

You need to also upload transcripts again.

Hope it helps. All the best!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
sharpsagi wrote:
lav4 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot.

Hi lav4,

Im yet to submit my application but maybe this might help u.

https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full ... ns/Process

Check the "After Applying" tab - It tells that after you submit the form, there is a link "What I Owe" that will show the details on how to pay.
The website says it takes 2 days for it to be generated.

So guess that the deadline is applicable for submission.

Also make sure you go through the above link carefully.

You need to also upload transcripts again.

Hope it helps. All the best!

Some additional information from their blog.

https://blogs.mccombs.utexas.edu/mba-ins ... ps-tricks/

"
5. Application Fee – You will not be able to pay the application fee for about two business days after you hit the submit button, depending on when you submit your application. Your application is considered “on time” if submitted by the deadline, regardless if the fee is paid on that date. However your application will not be evaluated if you do not pay the fee once it’s due. For information about where to pay the fee, and application fee waivers for select applicants, please review After Applying under the Admissions Process section of the website.
"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks a lot :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Did anyone post a video for the First Introduction essay?

Are there any specific requirements for the video format except for the 1 min length?

My video is around 127 MB with mp4 format. Wanted to check if there was any information regarding the upload requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kartheek.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Kudos
sharpsagi wrote:
Hi Guys,

Are there any specific requirements for the video format except for the 1 min length?

My video is around 127 MB with mp4 format. Wanted to check if there was any information regarding the upload requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kartheek.

Hey sharpsagi ,
IMO you are only supposed to enter the URL of uploaded video. You can upload it on YouTube and share the link in application, so it really doesn't matter how large in size the video is.
Hope that helps ! :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
siamr wrote:
sharpsagi wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kartheek.

Hey sharpsagi ,
IMO you are only supposed to enter the URL of uploaded video. You can upload it on YouTube and share the link in application, so it really doesn't matter how large in size the video is.
Hope that helps ! :-D

Thanks siamr. I missed that part in the application. Guess it's the last minute nerves. :)
Good Luck! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vivekdesai88 wrote:
Hi,

In my particular situation, i believe two recommendations (one of which is from my supervisor) adds value and insight.

Would there be any problems you think from submitting two recommendations? Has anyone else ask Adcom about this already?

I just saw this question. My reply might be late, but I did ask this question. The AdCom said it was fine. If we submitted two LORs, they would read both. I remember when I first started filling out the application, the system requested 2 LORs and later they updated the requirement, so no worries at all.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
kwok007 wrote:
vivekdesai88 wrote:
Hi,

I just saw this question. My reply might be late, but I did ask this question. The AdCom said it was fine. If we submitted two LORs, they would read both. I remember when I first started filling out the application, the system requested 2 LORs and later they updated the requirement, so no worries at all.

I had the same reaction. I remember seeing two recommendation requirement when i sent out the request.
Thanks for confirming
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE:Account Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
I just finished editing my video essay and am still waiting on my recommender to submit the recommendation. Part of me thinks he won't submit it until tomorrow because he travels the majority of time for work.

If I submit today and my recommender submits the recommendation tomorrow, will I be okay with the application? Also, is McCombs rolling or round by round admission?

Thanks,
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi guys,

I submitted my application on 10th October, heard back from them on 13th October for payment of fees but I just saw the email and it says that the "application fees must be paid by the deadline". Since the deadline has passed, can I still submit my fees and will it considered for review? Or should I now apply for the R2 cycle?

Thanks in advance.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
lav4 wrote:
Hi guys,

I submitted my application on 10th October, heard back from them on 13th October for payment of fees but I just saw the email and it says that the "application fees must be paid by the deadline". Since the deadline has passed, can I still submit my fees and will it considered for review? Or should I now apply for the R2 cycle?

Thanks in advance.

Same query. I submitted on 12th, received the payment link 5 hours before the deadline. I ended up paying 2 hours after deadline. I'm pretty certain that we WILL be considered for R1 because on the application page the date of submission is shown as the date I pressed the "Submit" button. Don't want to assume anything though, I'll let you know if I hear something from Admissions.

UPDATE : If it helps, this is what was written in last years confirmation mail :
"Fee payment is not necessary by the application deadline."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
nitishgera wrote:
lav4 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Same query. I submitted on 12th, received the payment link 5 hours before the deadline. I ended up paying 2 hours after deadline. I'm pretty certain that we WILL be considered for R1 because on the application page the date of submission is shown as the date I pressed the "Submit" button. Don't want to assume anything though, I'll let you know if I hear something from Admissions.

UPDATE : If it helps, this is what was written in last years confirmation mail :
"Fee payment is not necessary by the application deadline."

Hi nitishgera & lav4,

Please find below information from application page.

PAYING YOUR APPLICATION FEE:

Within 1-2 business days of submission of your application, you will receive an email from the UT Office of Admissions, confirming receipt of your application and fee payment instructions.
Once you receive this email, log onto the UT payment website “What I Owe” and pay the application fee.
Your application fee status on the Applicant Status Page should reflect “Paid” within two business days of payment.
Please note that payment of the application fee is required in order for your application to be evaluated and a decision rendered. If submitting your application on the submission deadline date, your application fee is not required by the deadline. Application fees are non-refundable.

Hope that clears your question.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  33   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts