Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 19:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Michigan Ross School of Business Applicants - 2009! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2008, 19:15
Yeah..I realized that just a few seconds after I posted that in panic mode :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Michigan Ross School of Business Applicants - 2009! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2008, 09:00
Submitted Ross application !!
One down. Six more to go !!
Current Student
Schools: CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 184 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Michigan Ross School of Business Applicants - 2009! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2008, 09:08
rgajare14 wrote:
Submitted Ross application !!
One down. Six more to go !!

Well done-one day early!!! Mine should be in first thing tomorrow a.m.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Michigan Ross School of Business Applicants - 2009! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2008, 10:29
Submitted yest. Recos in today. Waiting for the confirmation email from Ross.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Michigan Ross School of Business Applicants - 2009! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2008, 10:48
What is the protocol for essay heading format? Do we need to use a specific format at the top of the essay or include specific items (e.g., list essay question, last name, DOB, etc.)?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling Michigan Ross School of Business Applicants - 2009! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2008, 11:37
ryguy904 wrote:
What is the protocol for essay heading format? Do we need to use a specific format at the top of the essay or include specific items (e.g., list essay question, last name, DOB, etc.)?

Thanks!

ryguy, just submitted mine.

I added my name and the essay topic (both italicized) at top of each page, followed by the essay content.

Don't think the site mentioned any specific format for heading. All it says is - enter your name and the essay topic.
Current Student
Schools: Ross '12 (MBA/MS)

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 34

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2008, 13:07
I just updated the original post with the names of all the R1 applicants. If anyone else has applied or is applying to Ross in R1, please let me know so I can add you to the list.

I just got word that my second recommender submitted his letter, so a few more essay tweaks tonight and I'll be good to go!
Current Student
Schools: Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2008, 13:17
YihWei wrote:
I just updated the original post with the names of all the R1 applicants. If anyone else has applied or is applying to Ross in R1, please let me know so I can add you to the list.

I just got word that my second recommender submitted his letter, so a few more essay tweaks tonight and I'll be good to go!

Count me in, submitted this Tuesday.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2008, 15:16
prospect wrote:
YihWei wrote:

Count me in, submitted this Tuesday.

Gotcha.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2008, 16:53
Good luck R1 crew.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2008, 21:05
Just submitted my couple of minutes ago. Get to finally hit the submit button
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2008, 05:07
I am now officially a Ross round 1 applicant!
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2008, 05:39
good luck everyone! As the above poster stated, it looks like interviews start going out a week after the deadline date. (also from checking last years thread)
Current Student
Schools: Ross '11

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2008, 06:08
Can someone confirm that the deadline is 11:59 PM ET today?
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2008, 07:01
zmfatla wrote:
Can someone confirm that the deadline is 11:59 PM ET today?

Confirmed.
Current Student
Schools: Ross '11

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2008, 08:09
Thank you, sir. I have a recommendor that may need all of the time...
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Michigan Ross School of Business Applicants - 2009! [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2008, 11:01
refurb wrote:
I did my Ross visit on the 25th and it was time well spent! There were 8-9 other people visiting (including YihWei!!). You have a 40 min small-group Q&A session with a current student (2nd year who were very open to any question), then you get a 40 minute tour (only a small part of the new building is accessible right now). Then you sit in on a class (I did Marketing analytics, dry material but the professor was good), then lunch with a couple other Ross students. I stayed for an additional class after lunch (Competitive analysis) which was very interesting. It was a case-study that mixed strategy with game theory. Great professor.

The visit plus my conversations with the current students just cemented in mind the exceptional quality of Ross. I'm looking to stay in the health care field and Ross pulls every single TOP health care company. In talking with the health care club rep, she told me that another major pharmaceutical company contacted HER and wanted to come recruit on campus. Very impressive.

My impressions of the city haven't changed much since I last lived in Ann Arbor. GREAT city. It's a small city, but very vibrant. Lots of restaurants, reasonable cost of living, lots of stuff to do around town.

Hopefully YihWei can post about his impression and what he learned at the happy hour that day! :wink:

RF

OK, now that my Ross application is in, it's super-fun-posting-about-my-visit-time-extreme!

Refurb did a good job summing up the morning activities, so I'll just mainly talk about my experiences that differed from his. Oh yeah, zhl226 was also there, so the 3 of us GMATClubbers were able to meet!

I chose to attend a morning course on business macroeconomics. The part of the lecture that I attended focused mainly on the implications of exchange rates and purchasing power parity. Nothing too interesting but nice that I understood everything that was being discussed. After lunch, I sat in on Competitive Environmental Strategy. As an Erb Institute MBA/MS applicant, this was the class I was most excited to visit, and it did not disappoint. Professor Andy Hoffman (one of three Erb professors) led a case study about Living Homes, a company that specializes in prefabricated sustainable homes. The discussion was so interesting that another Ross visitor whose goals have nothing to do with sustainable development leaned over to me and whispered, "This stuff is really interesting".

I also got the opportunity to sit in on a non-profit summer intership panel. Five MBA2s gave short presentations about their summer internship experiences as a packed room of MBA1s listened and asked questions. It was just really interesting to see how worried that some of the MBA1s were about the recruiting process. It was almost like looking a year into the future and seeing what the next big thing to worry about is after we've all submitted our applications and gotten our admits.

The Ross happy hour was that that night from 7-9 at a popular undergrad bar called Scorekeepers. Basically, Ross opens an 1100 dollar tab and students drink themselves silly for two hours. I ended up chatting with about a dozen different MBA2s while playing drinking games. The happy hour was a great way to interact with the students from a social aspect.

The Wisconsin game was insane. We ran more plays in the first half than we gained total yards, turned the ball over 5 times, and went into halftime down 19-0. Then the second half we came out blazing hot, scored 27 straight points and ended up winning 27-25 with 13 seconds remaining after stopping Wisconsin on a 2-point conversion attempt. I nearly lost my voice from yelling so much.

Overall, my Ross visit was great. I basically became a Ross student for a weekend and I loved what I saw. Ross was high on my list to begin with but the visit may have moved them all the way to the top. Now all I have to do is get in, ha.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2008, 17:40
I too submitted my application yesterday.
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2008, 18:14
aakashganga wrote:
I too submitted my application yesterday.

Sweet!! We've actually got quite a few R1 applicants!

Good luck to all!!

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2008, 19:42
Hi guys,

Just submitted 7 hrs ago. Any idea abt interview? I am not in US, so probably a phone interview.

That would be our last game - hope to see u all next yr in Ann Arbor ;)
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 10 Oct 2008, 19:42