Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jul 2014, 22:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: Ross, Johnson, Tepper, Fisher
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 14:26
I know its not the end. I probably got spoiled getting my Cornell invite the first day but man this process wears on you. Ups and downs.
Current Student
Schools: CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 184 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 14:32
Congrats to the interview crew today!!
Current Student
Schools: Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 14:55
i went to a ross business school event and they said interview invitations would continue to go out until december. so i think there are a lot more to come!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 14:55
Yes..Got that interview email finally !!!!!

Guys, irrespective of whether I get in or not, and no doubt that I will give my best shot during the intw, it really feels good to get this email. Its good to know that a top school, which is selective in call applicants thinks your app is worthy to call you for an intw.

To all those, who haven't yet received the email, its on the way for you !!
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 15:09
rgajare14 wrote:

Guys, irrespective of whether I get in or not, and no doubt that I will give my best shot during the intw, it really feels good to get this email. Its good to know that a top school, which is selective in call applicants thinks your app is worthy to call you for an intw.

Awesome!!! when is your interview?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 15:20
rgajare14 wrote:

Can u plz share your profile?
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 15:34
This post received
KUDOS
aakashganga wrote:
Awesome!!! when is your interview?

The interview does not mention your interview date. It asks you to register between a time period. My email said that I can register between Nov 3rd to Nov 28th. My Tepper intw is on 17th. And Ann Arbor is a 5 hr drive from Pittsburgh. So, I picked a slot of 18th Nov (Tuesday).

I really think that adcoms are reviewing the apps in a random order and sending out those emails. Be hopeful - Keep your fingers crossed.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 15:44
Although it says that interviewing in person at Ross, over the phone or with an alum makes no difference, I'm wondering if that is quite true. I'd love to go to Ann Arbor and interview in person, but my particular job situation right now would make that very, very difficult. How much more do you guys think an in-person interview is worth?

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 15:45
wooster123 wrote:

Certainly, nothing extraordinary really !
I just did not want to duplicate the information in this thread, so here's the link where all of us (2009 applicants in this forum) have posted their brief profiles.

http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-p509388?t=62945#p509388
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 15:52
rgajare14 wrote:
wooster123 wrote:

Certainly, nothing extraordinary really !
I just did not want to duplicate the information in this thread, so here's the link where all of us (2009 applicants in this forum) have posted their brief profiles.

http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-p509388?t=62945#p509388

Thank you Sir..
Current Student
Schools: Ross '12 (MBA/MS)

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 34

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 16:12
Leverandon wrote:
Although it says that interviewing in person at Ross, over the phone or with an alum makes no difference, I'm wondering if that is quite true. I'd love to go to Ann Arbor and interview in person, but my particular job situation right now would make that very, very difficult. How much more do you guys think an in-person interview is worth?

I think if you haven't visited campus yet, interviewing in-person would show Ross that you're serious about their program. This could help your chances slightly. However, I don't think it would hurt you if your work schedule prevents you from making the trip to Ann Arbor.

I plan on requesting a phone and/or alumni interview myself.
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 16:27
YihWei wrote:
Leverandon wrote:

I think if you haven't visited campus yet, interviewing in-person would show Ross that you're serious about their program. This could help your chances slightly. However, I don't think it would hurt you if your work schedule prevents you from making the trip to Ann Arbor.

I plan on requesting a phone and/or alumni interview myself.

Even thought I haven't gotten an interview invite yet, this was my thinking to. If you've never been to the campus, you could probably score a few points during the interview by talking about the classes you visited or the people you met. If you do it by phone, commenting on your previous visit probably makes your "why Ross" carry more weight.

But I think they are being honest when they say a phone interview is weighed the same as an in person interview.

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 146 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 17:04
Congratulations guys! My inbox is empty. I definitely second your thoughts manbilla! But it is only the first day of invites it seems so let's hope we were at the bottom of the pile
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 17:18
If you can, go to campus. Why leave anything to chance, and a what-if on the table? If you can, go visit and interview on campus. The opportunity to attend a class, and meet directly with AdCom members will help you make your decision, and hopefully help them make theirs as well.

To those waiting on an invite, I am sure this is just the first batch! Worry not, your interview invite is being written. I submitted my app about a week and half before the due date, so they may just be going down the list.

Best of luck to everyone!

~Sam
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 146 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 17:24
looking at last years thread they interview in huge waves with only a few in between. It could be a few more weeks until we hear. ouch
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 17:57
terp26 wrote:
Congratulations guys! My inbox is empty. I definitely second your thoughts manbilla! But it is only the first day of invites it seems so let's hope we were at the bottom of the pile

I'm not going to stress about it.
:shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked

RF

VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 17:59
sam77sam7 wrote:
I submitted my app about a week and half before the due date, so they may just be going down the list.
~Sam

If you go up a few replies, you'll see that some people that got interview invites submitted in Sept, and others right on the deadline. It doesn't look like they are following any particular order.

RF

VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 18:00
terp26 wrote:
looking at last years thread they interview in huge waves with only a few in between. It could be a few more weeks until we hear. ouch

Last year a bunch of the Indian guys didn't get invites until almost Dec. Many of them got in, so don't stress!

RF

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 18:18
No interview invite yet. :(

Congrats to all the call getters. Must be a great feeling.

refurb wrote:
terp26 wrote:

:shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked

RF

My blood pressure has quadrupled already..! :cry:

Last edited by mba07 on 27 Oct 2008, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 18:20
Btw, does Ross send some kind of a reject letter? Or do we have to wait until the notification deadline to find out?

PS: Don't know if it is a stupid question, but it is my first app season. So pls bear with me. :-)
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 27 Oct 2008, 18:20