Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:04 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
abhiab wrote:
Don't know whether it's a good thing or bad thing or nothing...

Pretty sure it's not good. It's between bad and nothing.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
AshayPanshikar wrote:
abhiab wrote:

Too much speculation.
Let's wait. Your stats btw?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhiab wrote:
AshayPanshikar wrote:
abhiab wrote:

Too much speculation.
Let's wait. Your stats btw?

True.
Indian male, consultant (niche industry), 740

What about you?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Indian. 720. 3 years work ex
Founded and currently working on 2 startups.
IT guy. With international business trips to add value to my profile.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
AshayPanshikar wrote:
abhiab wrote:
AshayPanshikar wrote:
[quote="abhiab"]Just got this mail

"This communication is to confirm that your application for the Full-time MBA program, Fall 2017 admit term is now complete. You should expect a decision by the posted decision notification date found on our website for the Full-time MBA program."

Does it mean anything? Is there anything to be read between the lines?

Did you get this mail too?

"Thank you for submitting your application to the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, Full-time MBA program for the Fall 2017 admit term. Our admissions team is currently reviewing your submission for completeness and will notify you via email if additional information is required."

Yes. Got that as well.

I submitted on the 29th and I'm yet to receive the mail you got. Anyone else in the same boat?[/quote]
I haven't received any mail after the first "our team is reviewing....missing information" one and it's worrying me now. Omg.

Sent from my Mi 4i using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got a reply from Ross after I asked whether the mail means anything substantial -

"The previous email was just confirming that we have received all of your required documents. Interview decisions have not been made yet, and you will receive a separate email regarding an interview if selected. "
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhiab wrote:
Got a reply from Ross after I asked whether the mail means anything substantial -

"The previous email was just confirming that we have received all of your required documents. Interview decisions have not been made yet, and you will receive a separate email regarding an interview if selected. "

Phew. Thanks for sharing!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Interview Invitations going to be out in the week of 24Oct16.

Source: Admissions Blog
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hormazd91 wrote:
AshayPanshikar wrote:
abhiab wrote:
[quote="AshayPanshikar"][quote="abhiab"]Just got this mail

"This communication is to confirm that your application for the Full-time MBA program, Fall 2017 admit term is now complete. You should expect a decision by the posted decision notification date found on our website for the Full-time MBA program."

"Thank you for submitting your application to the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, Full-time MBA program for the Fall 2017 admit term. Our admissions team is currently reviewing your submission for completeness and will notify you via email if additional information is required."

Yes. Got that as well.

I submitted on the 29th and I'm yet to receive the mail you got. Anyone else in the same boat?[/quote]
I haven't received any mail after the first "our team is reviewing....missing information" one and it's worrying me now. Omg.

Sent from my Mi 4i using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]
Did you receive the mail now? I was thinking about mailing the adcom and asking if they need more details.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
In the same boat. No update post the first email.

Submitted on October 2.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
AshayPanshikar wrote:
Hormazd91 wrote:

Did you receive the mail now? I was thinking about mailing the adcom and asking if they need more details.

I have not received the mail either. It just means that they have not checked your application for completeness yet.
Once they have checked your app, you will get an email anyway - whether complete or incomplete. And they send all the interview invites on the same day.
So there is nothing really to be worried about.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
arunmechie wrote:
AshayPanshikar wrote:
Hormazd91 wrote:

I have not received the mail either. It just means that they have not checked your application for completeness yet.
Once they have checked your app, you will get an email anyway - whether complete or incomplete. And they send all the interview invites on the same day.
So there is nothing really to be worried about.

The bigger worry will be- if they haven't checked for the completeness yet and they plan to reveal the interview shortlist within 10 days or so, that means, relatively short time to go through the applications and the shortlist might just be on the basis of numbers.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AshayPanshikar wrote:
Hormazd91 wrote:
AshayPanshikar wrote:
[quote="abhiab"][quote="AshayPanshikar"][quote="abhiab"]Just got this mail

Yes. Got that as well.

Sent from my Mi 4i using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]
Did you receive the mail now? I was thinking about mailing the adcom and asking if they need more details.[/quote]
No, unfortunately. I haven't. Are you planning to write to them?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Got this from the adcom on asking for clarification.

"Thank you for your email. If you did not receive an email indicating we need additional information, you will not receive an email that states we have all application materials. "
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yahsa wrote:
Got this from the adcom on asking for clarification.

"Thank you for your email. If you did not receive an email indicating we need additional information, you will not receive an email that states we have all application materials. "

Hey, thanks for the clarification :)

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Live from the Information session in Mumbai: the interview invites for Round 1 applicants will be out sometime next week.

All the best!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
aerien wrote:
daredevil123 wrote:
aerien wrote:
[quote="HaddyPainkiller"]Hi everyone!!

I was uploading my resume for Ross application and noticed that the formatting for resume requires 1" margins. How stringent are those requirements? Can I upload a resume not fulfilling this criteria without any negative effect on my candidacy?

Thanks

In general, if a school asks for 1 inch margins, you should use 1 inch margins. Will they get out a ruler and measure your margin? Probably not. Is it easy to tell when someone doesn't use 1 inch margins and other applicants do? You betcha

Sent from GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I think one inch margins are ridiculous and it would mess up my formatting completely. I really don't want to redo my resume. Any tips/suggestions please

Might be ridiculous to you but adcom has the final say here. Will they ding you because of margins? Doubtful but you may want to take heed moving forward with which rules to follow vs which to bend. As always, ymmv

Sent from GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]
If I could jump in here, I just want to say that many candidates believe that more content on the resume is going to give them better chances of admission.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

As someone who has seen hundreds of resumes please believe me it's all a matter of succinctly summarizing your value, editing yourself, and speaking in universal terms.

Jamming and cramming everything you've ever done that you think might be relevant is a very bad move. Think targeted not comprehensive.

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Admissions Consultant & Verbal Strategist MBAPrepCoach.com
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  33   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts