Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 01:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 161
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2009, 05:17
can i add my name to R2?
thanx

good luck to everyone!!!

S
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Posts: 13
Location: Toronto
Schools: haas, stanford, sloan
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2009, 14:56
You can add me to the list! I applied R1 and interviewed in December. :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 34
Location: West Coast
Schools: Wharton (R2, Int Invit),Chicago (R2, Int Invit),Columbia (R2, Int Invit),NYU (R2),MIT (Ding),LBS (Ding)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2009, 15:33
In for R2...pls add my name to your list...
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 798
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 25

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2009, 15:12
Jan 28, 2009, still 0 admitted. Can anyone shed some light as to why is MIT so hard to get into?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2008
Posts: 348
Schools: Fuqua '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2009, 15:42
billyjeans wrote:
Jan 28, 2009, still 0 admitted. Can anyone shed some light as to why is MIT so hard to get into?


Believe its because the R1 decision release date is Feb 2...

And I don't necessarily think it's THAT much harder to get into than some of the other M7s, its just that they dont interview you unless you are really, REALLY being considered for admission (compared to Columbia/Wharton who interview 40-50% of applicants).

The class size is also smaller than most other big name schools.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 87
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Schools: HBS, MIT Sloan, Stanford, Haas (withdrew with interview invite)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2009, 16:09
bostonsparky wrote:
billyjeans wrote:
Jan 28, 2009, still 0 admitted. Can anyone shed some light as to why is MIT so hard to get into?


Believe its because the R1 decision release date is Feb 2...

And I don't necessarily think it's THAT much harder to get into than some of the other M7s, its just that they dont interview you unless you are really, REALLY being considered for admission (compared to Columbia/Wharton who interview 40-50% of applicants).

The class size is also smaller than most other big name schools.


Yup, February 2nd is right! Still waiting...

I think it's strange that they release their decisions so much later than competitor schools. So many people have admits elsewhere already, and it's hard not to emotionally commit to a school that has already shown you some love. I mean, why would an applicant keep his/her heart set on one top choice school (where his/her status is still in question) when another top choice school has already accepted them?

Ugh, MIT where are you at?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 26
Schools: Haas, Kellogg, Sloan, Stanford
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2009, 16:14
Is it really true that only four people from GMATClub have been interviewed? Or has the front page not been updated?

I know I got rejected early, then received admits from Haas and Kellogg. This whole process is really random.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 87
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Schools: HBS, MIT Sloan, Stanford, Haas (withdrew with interview invite)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2009, 17:14
SolarMBA wrote:
Is it really true that only four people from GMATClub have been interviewed? Or has the front page not been updated?

I know I got rejected early, then received admits from Haas and Kellogg. This whole process is really random.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!


I think it's true that only 4 people reported interviews. However, it seems that a lot of R1 the status-unknown people are not current active users. Maybe they posted that they were applying, and then never posted again?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Posts: 13
Location: Toronto
Schools: haas, stanford, sloan
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2009, 17:15
i haven't been added to the list but i interviewed in r1. as a percentage, it seems wilds that 5 out of 40 (incl me) on GC got interviews... i shall speculate that something really bizarre happened with the Sloan app pool in R1. The GC admit rates at other schools so far seem to be inline with past rates... either applications are up something like double or GC members do not represent the overall trend at all.

other sloan uniqueness factors are only 2 rounds and a re-app admit rate double the overall admit rate. the one person i knew from sloan was a re-app. maybe that's skewing the numbers this year too?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2009, 18:03
Might as well further fuel the speculation -- doesn't MIT have the don't-talk-about-the-process clause? Seems like people are more mum than usual on even getting interviews.

It's strange. I feel like MIT, more than any other b-school (HBS and Stan including), seems to care the least about promoting its admissions. That's not a bad thing at all...in fact, in some ways it's very refreshing. But I can definitely see how that can be extremely frustrating at times. Hell, it's frustrating already, and I'm a R2er. :?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 317
Schools: HBS Class of 2011
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2009, 18:21
I am pretty sure msday has already been admitted!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 May 2008
Posts: 278
Schools: MIT
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2009, 19:31
BigBad wrote:
I think it's strange that they release their decisions so much later than competitor schools. So many people have admits elsewhere already, and it's hard not to emotionally commit to a school that has already shown you some love. I mean, why would an applicant keep his/her heart set on one top choice school (where his/her status is still in question) when another top choice school has already accepted them?

Ugh, MIT where are you at?


I think their notification date has to be so late because they only do 2 rounds. And having 2 rounds definitely has it's advantages and disadvantages (in my opinion).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2009, 11:36
any idea what happens to the application once it is submitted....unlike other schools, I dont see any change in the status...like Complete, in-review etc...I am an R2 applicant...

Thanks
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2008
Posts: 57
Schools: MIT Sloan
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2009, 23:39
Make that 6 people interviewed (me included). I applied in R1 and interviewed in January (details on the interview posted earlier in this thread). Keeping my fingers crossed! :) I had a bizarre dream last night about Rod Garcia delivering good news - hope that it comes true!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 87
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Schools: HBS, MIT Sloan, Stanford, Haas (withdrew with interview invite)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2009, 13:37
nj24 wrote:
Make that 6 people interviewed (me included). I applied in R1 and interviewed in January (details on the interview posted earlier in this thread). Keeping my fingers crossed! :) I had a bizarre dream last night about Rod Garcia delivering good news - hope that it comes true!


i had a good dream before my last admit too, and it did come true... well, except for the part about them sending jewelry with my letter :)

good luck! keep us posted on Monday!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2008
Posts: 57
Schools: MIT Sloan
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2009, 08:36
Thanks! And congrats on your HBS admit! :)

BigBad wrote:
nj24 wrote:
Make that 6 people interviewed (me included). I applied in R1 and interviewed in January (details on the interview posted earlier in this thread). Keeping my fingers crossed! :) I had a bizarre dream last night about Rod Garcia delivering good news - hope that it comes true!


i had a good dream before my last admit too, and it did come true... well, except for the part about them sending jewelry with my letter :)

good luck! keep us posted on Monday!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2008
Posts: 57
Schools: MIT Sloan
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2009, 08:38
Mine turned to "complete and being evaluated" after 2-3 weeks (I'm a R1 applicant) and remains that way even after the interview - good luck!

pursuittowardsmba wrote:
any idea what happens to the application once it is submitted....unlike other schools, I dont see any change in the status...like Complete, in-review etc...I am an R2 applicant...

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2009, 16:13
Thanks nj24
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 87
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Schools: HBS, MIT Sloan, Stanford, Haas (withdrew with interview invite)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2009, 10:20
waiting....

does anyone know if we should be waiting for an email or phone call?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2007
Posts: 908
Schools: Kellogg '10
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2009, 10:41
BigBad wrote:
waiting....

does anyone know if we should be waiting for an email or phone call?


On BW there have been reports the last few weeks of phone calls informing of an acceptance.
_________________

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2009, 10:41
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
104 Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! MGOBLUE2 2298 11 Jul 2008, 12:07
80 Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! isa 989 10 Jul 2008, 19:05
12 Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! isa 737 10 Jul 2008, 18:42
34 Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2009 Applicants agold 632 12 Jun 2008, 10:18
53 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all HBS Fall 2009 Applicants devansh_god 722 04 May 2008, 06:22
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  27    Next  [ 531 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.