Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 15:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 14:09
Ding for me.

My GPA? My interview? Oh well, maybe this is a good thing ... bring me down from a bit after a pretty successful run. Easier for me to make a decision now. :)

Congrats to all admits guys.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 14:10
I'm in! And ridiculously excited about it. :)

Did anyone hear anything on scholarships? I haven't seen anyone mention any (here or on BW). It doesn't impact my excitement, but I'm definitely curious if those went out with decisions or if they'll come out later.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 14:19
This post received
KUDOS
wisepig wrote:
IN!!!! OMG, this makes everything worth it!

I always believed in you, wisepig!

(gosh wisepig is fun to say)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 14:41
bherronp wrote:
wisepig wrote:
IN!!!! OMG, this makes everything worth it!

I always believed in you, wisepig!

(gosh wisepig is fun to say)

Thanks bherronp!!! bherronp is harder to say but just as awesome!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 14:44
ding w/o interview...the list continues.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 15:05
Congrats to all the admits..Sorry for all the dings..am sure there are better things in store for y'll

Last edited by toDoorNot on 28 Jan 2008, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 15:06
BCC145 wrote:
Ding for me.

My GPA? My interview? Oh well, maybe this is a good thing ... bring me down from a bit after a pretty successful run. Easier for me to make a decision now. :)

MIT reiterates its lack of love for Indian candidates.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 691 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 15:08
I just woke up to see the letter...no dice for me, oh well cant win em all. The fact I already made my decision and am sick with a 101.4 fever keeps me from being able to care today.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 15:12
riverripper wrote:
I just woke up to see the letter...no dice for me, oh well cant win em all. The fact I already made my decision and am sick with a 101.4 fever keeps me from being able to care today.

Feel better RR!!
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 15:13
Sorry for that River

Sorry to hear the other dings also guys. All the best with the other applications.

For the admits: warm congrats.

For the wait lists: do not give up, keep fighting!

Later this week I will write something hilarious, well at least right now with my admit, somethings that went wrong in my interview...

I'm still leaning towards Chicago, but it will be a tough call. I will be in USA for around 2 weeks to get to know schools, cities, etc, etc, etc...

Hey I've been promoted, I'm a Major Shareholder right now :lol:

Rhyme´s guide to interviewing
http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/t55030

Kwam's Profile
111-t57360

Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 17:10
abhishek.sardana wrote:

Well, this guy ( http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... w-bschools ) is based in India, is in IT and he got admitted to MIT Sloan. So that should put the theory of "MIT doesn't like Indian candidates or Indian IT candidates" to rest.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 17:44
I met plenty of Indians during my visits and events for MIT...its just a smaller school that draws heavily from IT and Engineers which a lot of Indians happen to fall into.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 327 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 17:55
CONGRATS EVERYONE! Sorry I've been so preoccupied with another school that I didn't notice this happening!!! :P

Sorry to the dings and WL's, but don't let that discourage you.

Great achievement terry and kwam for 2 UE admits!!!

Sorry river to hear about the ding, but you were practically a Kellogg person already. Hope you feel better soon!

Anyway, GMATClub is killing the percentages yet again!!! :)

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 18:00
Congrats to all of the admits! And, another congrats to all those who have multiple admits; it will be a tough (but welcomed!) decision to make...not a bad predicament to be in :-D
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 18:49
kryzak wrote:
Sorry river to hear about the ding, but you were practically a Kellogg person already. Hope you feel better soon!

In the spirit of full disclosure, I am glad I got dinged. A WL would have been annoying and wouldnt really give me closure. An admit would have led to some marital strife, since I was decided on Kellogg (heck I started the Kellogg 2010 facebook group a month ago but Mrs. RR really wanted me to go to MIT because its where a lot of our friends and family are. This eliminates a decision that would have been very tough since one of us would be disappointed.

VP
VP
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 18:55
Congrats to the admits and sorry about the dings, guys. It's a tough year!
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 19:48
abhishek.sardana wrote:
BCC145 wrote:
Ding for me.

I am not Indian dude.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 19:54
but I am Indian..........an I got dinged .........

now my R1 report card reads as 3 apps 3 dings - woo hoo.

Neeways........big ups to all the admits. What I (and the other 2700 odd dings) wouldnt do to be in your place right now.

Ciao
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 19:57
Congrats to the admits.

NC, RR and others with a Ding : Sorry to hear this. I know the amount of commitment you guys put in to each application, and am sorry to hear this. I know for some of you this made things a bit easier as you were just waiting for this one to decide where you will matriculate....but for those waiting for the first admit, I hope you hear the good news soon.

http://mba2010dreams.blogspot.com

Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2008, 19:58
BCC145 wrote:
abhishek.sardana wrote:
BCC145 wrote:
Ding for me.

I am not Indian dude.

lol
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2008, 19:58