Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 12:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Posts: 230
Schools: Wharton!!! Stern Columbia HBS
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2009, 17:04
Deepauk wrote:
One thing I found is that Stern specifically requests you to mention what other schools you are applying to in the app page.

1. Wont they know anyway when they get the GMAT Score transcript?

2. What information are they trying to get out of this? Just so that they don't accept people who seem to be 'applying' to them as a 'safety' ?



Does the GMAT Score transcript that the schools get really list what other schools your scores are being sent to? I sent the Stern one a few weeks ago and it was the only one I listed, so it doesn't matter for Stern....But for the others I'm applying to, I did it all at once on Friday. I am not that worried, but more curious than anything.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 170
Location: Indiana
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2009, 18:54
britguy wrote:
I wouldn't. If they wanna know that bad, they'll ask...


anyone else?
Manager
Manager
Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 64
Schools: Columbia(RD-ding w/o int),
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2009, 21:43
niraja,

i wouldn't sweat it! There is NO WAY they are not going to consider you because you left out the "what other univs have you applied" question.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Posts: 72
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 14

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 04:48
LB20 wrote:
Deepauk wrote:
One thing I found is that Stern specifically requests you to mention what other schools you are applying to in the app page.

1. Wont they know anyway when they get the GMAT Score transcript?

2. What information are they trying to get out of this? Just so that they don't accept people who seem to be 'applying' to them as a 'safety' ?



Does the GMAT Score transcript that the schools get really list what other schools your scores are being sent to? I sent the Stern one a few weeks ago and it was the only one I listed, so it doesn't matter for Stern....But for the others I'm applying to, I did it all at once on Friday. I am not that worried, but more curious than anything.


bunch of last minute questions :)

I applied to Wharton & Booth and got rejected w/o interview by both...should i mention that i applied to these colleges (and got rejected) OR only mention that i have applied OR not mention these schools since it might seem that Stern is my "safety"... Any advice????

also, i'm exceeding my Essay 3 word count by about a 100 words..can't edit without taking away important parts of the essay. what do you'll think - bad idea to exceed the word count by 20%??
_________________

Consider giving Kudos if you liked my post. Thanks!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2009
Posts: 160
Location: Milan, Italy
Schools: Booth (admitted R1), NYU (interview Mar 4), UT (withdrawn), Rice (admitted R2) plus dings at HBS, Stanford, Wharton and CBS
WE 1: Oil and gas
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 04:54
Yep. 10% max! Be more succinct.

For the other schools, mention them IF adcom will see your other applications via GMAT scores - I'm not clear whether this is the case or not though. Anyone?
_________________

If I said something intelligent, it was probably by accident. But click "kudos" anyway - it will make me happy.

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 170
Location: Indiana
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 04:55
rahul,

dunno about the mentioning wharton part but 20% over is definitely TOO MUCH. admission consultants say 10% over is ok.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 113
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 05:11
Just sent the online portion off. Sent my Essay 3 on Friday the 13th. Combined with the date the bolded "postmarked" has me worried now. What if it doesnt leave the DHL office until Monday? I ensured he entered the item in the system but there may not be "postmark" on the package... Paranoia!

I would think that you would need to keep within the limits of the Essays for 1 and 2 definitely (it does say maximum). Essay 3 is a little uncertain I think. They might be lenient with that but 20% is definitely a little too much I think
Manager
Manager
Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Posts: 72
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 14

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 05:23
Thanks guys...i knew about the 10% rule but was wondering if they would be more lenient because of the nature of the question. anyway, back to editing!

about the other schools question - Is everyone leaving it BLANK??
_________________

Consider giving Kudos if you liked my post. Thanks!

Intern
Intern
Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 22
Schools: Kellogg R1, HBS R2, Wharton R2, Columbia RD, Stern R1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 05:49
Hey, so I was just going through my application checklist before submission, and it says Essay 4 (Optional): Submitted online OR to be mailed.

Am i missing something here? I thought i had to mail in Essay 3, and then check submitted online when i put in a description for what i had mailed. How is essay 4 involved in all of this?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 07:01
cesc4 wrote:
Hey, so I was just going through my application checklist before submission, and it says Essay 4 (Optional): Submitted online OR to be mailed.

Am i missing something here? I thought i had to mail in Essay 3, and then check submitted online when i put in a description for what i had mailed. How is essay 4 involved in all of this?



I didn't pick either of them. I left essay 4 as "Select One" in the checklist, and submitted successfully.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 07:50
hello
just wanted to know does it really take a week (int's applicant) for the school to access official gmat scores after one puts in the paid request

thanks
Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 55
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 09:22
dreamer2achiever wrote:
need some advice on the work history spreadsheet
i worked in an IT services company and we basically do IT consulting for different clients
with each client project my role changed ... it is appropriate to explain this as different rows withing the same employer name?

for instance
employer2 role1 start-end left for reason1
employer2 role2 start-end left for reason2
employer1 role3 start-end left for reason3
employer1 role4 start-end left for reason4
employer1 role5 start-end left for reason5
employer1 role6 start-end left for reason6


suggestions anyone?
_________________

Cheers
-D-
http://mymaidenjourney.blogspot.com

Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 55
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 09:24
sbs2 wrote:
hello
just wanted to know does it really take a week (int's applicant) for the school to access official gmat scores after one puts in the paid request

thanks


It took 3 working days in my case.
The reuqest i filed on nov 6th was fulfilled by nov 10th morning.
_________________

Cheers
-D-
http://mymaidenjourney.blogspot.com

Current Student
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 14:25
dreamer2achiever wrote:
dreamer2achiever wrote:
need some advice on the work history spreadsheet
i worked in an IT services company and we basically do IT consulting for different clients
with each client project my role changed ... it is appropriate to explain this as different rows withing the same employer name?

for instance
employer2 role1 start-end left for reason1
employer2 role2 start-end left for reason2
employer1 role3 start-end left for reason3
employer1 role4 start-end left for reason4
employer1 role5 start-end left for reason5
employer1 role6 start-end left for reason6


suggestions anyone?


If u just worked for one employer,just list out your experiences.Include a client name associated with each experience.

Ex: I helped client X achieve Y.
Took initiative at client ABC to solve XYZ.

You don't need to mention why you changed clients.Consultants work with many clients during their tenure.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 492
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 14:31
App just submitted for R1. Hopefully my rec comes in soon.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 25 Sep 2009
Posts: 96
Location: USA
Schools: HBS, Sloan, Columbia, Stern, Tuck
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 14:51
just submitted as well!
_________________

my gmat review:
gmat-review-770-q50-v44-86800.html

MBA charts:
http://mbacharts.appspot.com/

Manager
Manager
Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 73
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 15:42
Im in too!
Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 55
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 15:46
Class2012 wrote:
dreamer2achiever wrote:
dreamer2achiever wrote:
need some advice on the work history spreadsheet
i worked in an IT services company and we basically do IT consulting for different clients
with each client project my role changed ... it is appropriate to explain this as different rows withing the same employer name?

for instance
employer2 role1 start-end left for reason1
employer2 role2 start-end left for reason2
employer1 role3 start-end left for reason3
employer1 role4 start-end left for reason4
employer1 role5 start-end left for reason5
employer1 role6 start-end left for reason6


suggestions anyone?


If u just worked for one employer,just list out your experiences.Include a client name associated with each experience.

Ex: I helped client X achieve Y.
Took initiative at client ABC to solve XYZ.

You don't need to mention why you changed clients.Consultants work with many clients during their tenure.


Thanks class2012
_________________

Cheers
-D-
http://mymaidenjourney.blogspot.com

Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 55
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 15:47
My application is officially submitted.
Let the waiting games begin :P
_________________

Cheers
-D-
http://mymaidenjourney.blogspot.com

Current Student
Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 31
Schools: UCLA Anderson
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 16:42
My application is officially in. Definitely feeling pretty relieved
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants   [#permalink] 15 Nov 2009, 16:42
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Popular new posts 13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all NYU Fall '09 applicants! sterny 367 08 Jul 2008, 15:23
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New 43 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants kryzak 1236 13 May 2009, 00:23
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New 112 Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! mba4me2010 2708 21 May 2009, 05:56
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New 186 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants SalarymanJ 2195 02 Jul 2010, 08:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  54    Next  [ 1063 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.