Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:R1: Stanford, Booth, Stern; R2: Columbia, Anderson, McCombs, Marshall
 Q45  V45
GPA: 3.68
WE 1: 4 years, corporate event planning
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink]
niraja wrote:
ah man the wait seems endless already.

I agree completely. I felt really good about my NYU essays but have now somehow talked myself into thinking they were awry for a variety of reasons. Waiting does strange things to people.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools:Stern, SOM, CBS
Send PM
Solaris, I believe that last year they let us fill out the form ourselves. I am pretty sure this has not changed. As for the official transcripts if you are invited to interview you will have to bring them with you. So hang on to those.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
my undergraduate school doesn't give sealed copies of transcripts to students. i tried to find the info on the website, but it's not very clear.

it seems like i'm supposed to bring a sealed copy of my school's policy that they don't give students sealed copies? from visiting the admin office though, it doesn't seem like they have a formal statement like that just lying around. i suppose if i'm invited to interview, i can request they send a copy of the transcript directly to stern though. any thoughts?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance & Entreprenuerial Management
Schools:Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
GPA: 3.4 - Top 5 UG
Send PM
any Stern students or alums roaming this thread? i would love to have one of your edit/review my "why stern" essay to see if it's concise enough.

feel free to pm me or reply in the thread.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
I just got an invite to a Media/Entertainment Alumni Event in Los Angeles. The interesting part is that it stated "We are delighted that you have applied to NYU Stern." So it is targeting people who have already applied.

Although I have virtually no interest in that field, do you guys think its worth going, in case they are looking for additional datapoints?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Columbia(RD-ding w/o int),
 Q50  V44
Send PM
unhedged wrote:
I just got an invite to a Media/Entertainment Alumni Event in Los Angeles. The interesting part is that it stated "We are delighted that you have applied to NYU Stern." So it is targeting people who have already applied.

Although I have virtually no interest in that field, do you guys think its worth going, in case they are looking for additional datapoints?

unhedged,

thats great news!! Clearly, the invite has gone out to only a select group of people because i have not received one, so you should definitely go. Obviously, it depends on how far away are you from LA? If you are in CA, then i guess it is worth it. If you are based on the east coast, i dont think it is worth it! My $0.02.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Awfully quiet on the invite front, eh?
Current Student
Schools:Wharton!!! Stern Columbia HBS
Send PM
Pook wrote:
Awfully quiet on the invite front, eh?

My theory about what is happening is that they're doing invites for R1 in a few batches...In terms of invites that were going to happen pre-Christmas, they're having people interview the past 2 weeks etc (I think the last date for interviews pre-Christmas is 12/17) and I bet they will start sending out the next batch of invites once they're closer to finishing those decisions, which my guess will be the first week or two in january. since they say you can find out until february 15 whether or not you are invited to interview, that's still quite a bit of time left for them to send out invites!!

I'm not an insider, I'm just guessing based on what I know about the interview dates that were available when I got my invite, and a couple of things that were said in the forum and other people i know.

That's my 2 cents ;)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools:Stern, SOM, CBS
Send PM
Actually. NYU releases their decions within three weeks after the interview. So the people who interviewed in the last few weeks should know before the year is over.
Current Student
Send PM
smashzone wrote:
unhedged wrote:

unhedged,

thats great news!! Clearly, the invite has gone out to only a select group of people because i have not received one, so you should definitely go. Obviously, it depends on how far away are you from LA? If you are in CA, then i guess it is worth it. If you are based on the east coast, i dont think it is worth it! My $0.02.

Lol, i should have mentioned I live in Los Angeles, so its quite local to me. You're right, I should go. Its really convenient and can't hurt to go. Plus, it'll be great to learn about the local network, regardless of industry.
Current Student
Send PM
marina7241 wrote:
Actually. NYU releases their decions within three weeks after the interview. So the people who interviewed in the last few weeks should know before the year is over.

Yeah, I know, but my interviewer actually said that there was a chance that because of the holidays and because they are off the week between Christmas and New Year's that it might not be until the first week in January.

It would be great to know sooner, but I will just be patient and hope Santa will bring me something good for Christmas or at least the New Year!! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
Schools: NYU Stern Class of 2012
 Q48  V48
GPA: 3.74
WE 1: GM, Diversified Financial Svcs.
WE 2: Sales & Trading
Send PM
marina7241 wrote:

I interviewed 12/07 and was hoping this was the case. Someone mentioned (solaris I believe?) there was a quiet period from 12/23 - 01/04, which would still technically put them in the 3-4 week range.

I'm still trying to decide if the rolling admissions process is better or worse than Yale's all-at-once approach. At least I'm not constantly checking my emails for "Yale Admissions" updates.

I've also got to agree with LB20 about the admissions staff doing things in "bunches". There were surprisingly few interview slots available when I went through the process, which makes me think they're trying to space it out in a predetermined manner. Almost like 3 or 4 rounds in just Round 1. Still plenty of time until the February deadline...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Is this event sometime during the second week of January, unhedged? If so, you'll probably get a chance to meet some of us current students on the Media and Entertainment Trek to L.A. - yours truly included.

Definitely go if you can make it!

unhedged wrote:

And yep, university offices will be closed between the 23rd and the 4th - so any admit calls would be unlikely. Even last year, the very first admissions decisions were made first week of January. You never know though - a lot of people receive offers as early as a week after the interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Mgmt.
 Q50  V40
Send PM
For R1 applicants - does NYU send interview invites all at a time or do the interviews keep going out for a month or so? I submitted my app on Nov 14th and haven't heard anything yet. Should I still be looking out ?
Current Student
Send PM
Hey Solaris1, Yea its that event. I just RSVPed. Look forward to meeting you!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Hello,

Does anyone have any additional information about the Stern Women's Interview Day in February? Are most women applicants invited? Is it in one's best interest to accept? Thanks - and good luck to everyone.
Current Student
Send PM
dabd10 wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone have any additional information about the Stern Women's Interview Day in February? Are most women applicants invited? Is it in one's best interest to accept? Thanks - and good luck to everyone.

I don't know if all female applicants are invited or not (I was, but couldn't do that day in Feb). According to the email I got, there is no disadvantage/advantage of going to the Interview Day in terms of admissions. Now, who knows if that really is true or not--I obviously have no idea.

I think there are definite benefits to going to the day if you're unsure about Stern or haven't been before--luckily I have visited before and have several other women contacts who have been really great for me to help me understand Stern, the community, etc. But the event is supposed to be a really amazing experience to meet current Stern students, alumni and other applicants and go to the SWIB conference which is apparently fantastic.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  54