Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 12:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2010, 14:30
idcandy wrote:
I received the online admit notification on March 5th, and I'm pretty sure I received the admit packet on the 12th (or thereabouts), so it was about a week (wow, I can't believe it was only a week - seemed like an eternity at the time)!

Anyhow, no scholarship for me. Actually, I was discussing this with some other admits just yesterday, and we couldn't remember hearing of anyone who was offered a scholarship to NYU this year...

mustafaj wrote:
I got mine less than a week after the online admit notification, and I live in southern California. I loved the pace at which my Stern process went- I interviewed on the 3rd, admit notice on the 10th and received my packet on the 15th. I did not receive any scholarship money, but they make it clear that R1 applicants have the priority for money.

Hi, thanks idcandy and mustafaj. Looks like I'll be on my way to NYU! Just got waitlisted by Wharton. I attended a hub interview and the interviewer returned to the committee on Mar 23 and the decision was out on the 24th. I guess the packet will be mailed soon. BTW, mustafaj what is the FB group?

Last edited by cenbj on 26 Mar 2010, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Schools: NYU Stern '12
WE 1: Business Development
WE 2: Superhero- shhhhhh
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2010, 16:00
cenbj wrote:

Hi, thanks idcandy and mustafaj. Looks like I'll be on my way to NYU! Just got waitlisted by Wharton. I attended a hub interview and the interviewer returned the committee on Mar 23 and the decision was out on the 24th. I guess the packet will be mailed soon. BTW, mustafaj what is the FB group?

Great! Where are you from?
FB group is the facebook group for Stern 2012 students:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 4221177778

"Any school that meets you and still lets you in is not a good enough school to go to" - my mom upon hearing i got in
Thanks mom.

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2010, 16:16
mustafaj wrote:
Great! Where are you from?
FB group is the facebook group for Stern 2012 students:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 4221177778

I am in China. And Facebook is blocked!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2010, 17:53
mrdoodle wrote:
Can anyone shed some insight for me.. I applied RD 2 and have no heard anything as of yet.. no denial or interview.. With less than 1 week to go till the official notification date what does this mean?? Is it possible that there was a problem with my application? Anyone else in a similar situation???

Yes mrdoodle. Count me in with you. not heard anything after 1/15.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 04:36
Hello, anyone who has matriculated can explain what the kroll verification is about? Will they contact my employer? And what kind of information will they verify?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU Stern, UCLA Anderson, USC Marshall, Columbia

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 09:34
Hi all,

I've been following gmat club since last summer when I was studying for the GMAT, but this is my first time posting. Wondering if anyone here has already been accepted to Stern's Summer Start program? I interviewed at the Summer Start Interview Day this past Thursday, and am anxiously waiting for a final decision. Also wondering if anyone has any guesses as to how many times a day I can refresh the Admissions Status Check website before I break my computer? :)

Thanks, and congrats to all who have been admitted!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 09:39
krb2182 wrote:
Hi all,

I've been following gmat club since last summer when I was studying for the GMAT, but this is my first time posting. Wondering if anyone here has already been accepted to Stern's Summer Start program? I interviewed at the Summer Start Interview Day this past Thursday, and am anxiously waiting for a final decision. Also wondering if anyone has any guesses as to how many times a day I can refresh the Admissions Status Check website before I break my computer? :)

I also interviewed at the Summer Start day last week. I haven't heard anything yet, though the Status Check website switched from saying I had an interview scheduled to saying my interview with complete this morning.
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU Stern, UCLA Anderson, USC Marshall, Columbia

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 10:05
avb212 wrote:
krb2182 wrote:
Hi all,

I also interviewed at the Summer Start day last week. I haven't heard anything yet, though the Status Check website switched from saying I had an interview scheduled to saying my interview with complete this morning.

Yes, I saw that too! I'm just hoping I don't have to wait the full 3 weeks!
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 295

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 14:27
cenbj wrote:
Hello, anyone who has matriculated can explain what the kroll verification is about? Will they contact my employer? And what kind of information will they verify?

Thanks!

cenbj: I found this via Google about Kroll.
http://electrizze.blogspot.com/2006/01/ ... ation.html
Quote:
"Application Verification with Kroll" popped up on my CBS To-Do List this morning. I know a lot of people are stressed about the process, but it looks pretty painless except for the $83 fee. Looks like they are going to verify (1) my current employer information including the dates of employment, starting & ending salary and title, and bonus received last year. (2) one of my recomenders- they picked one that is not my current manager and also the one who is currently on maternity leave through April. I am sure that will create confusion. (3) GPA & Major. The form indicates that they will investigate "information as to my character, general reputation, and personal characteristics, discerned through employment and education verifications; personal references; personal interviews; my personal credit history based on reports from any credit bureau; my driving history, including any traffic citations; a social security number trace; present and former addresses; criminal and civil history/records; any other public record." Intense. I faxed my "authorization to dig in my records" to Kroll, I guess now I wait"
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: NYU Stern Class of 2012
WE 1: GM, Diversified Financial Svcs.
WE 2: Sales & Trading
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 16:50
This post received
KUDOS
Looks like I'll be attending NYU Stern in 2012! Sending in the deposit later this week ... If anyone else is in the Dallas area and wants to meet up, PM me ...
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU, UCLA, USC, Maryland

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 10:32
Dinged today without interview
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 08:55
Anyone out there for round 3? My colleague wants to know if anyone has heard anything.
VP
VP
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 09:39
ravengirl01 wrote:
Anyone out there for round 3? My colleague wants to know if anyone has heard anything.

They are in for a long wait if they are asking already. Chances are that maybe the file has been put together for review. As R2 has not finished as yet, they can expect to wait at least another couple of weeks.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 10:13
Dinged today w/o interview.

Good Luck to R3's and those waiting.
Intern
Intern
Schools: [color=red][CBS Class of 2013]
WE 1: 2 years investment banking (middle-market)
WE 2: 3.5 years transaction modeling / consulting (big 4)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 10:17
Just noticed that I wasn't included in the roll call:

Applied 1/15
WL w/o interview 3/26

Could somone please update the roll call? Thanks,

Last edited by quantconcerns on 31 Mar 2010, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 295

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 10:29
NickTW wrote:
Looks like I'll be attending NYU Stern in 2012! Sending in the deposit later this week ... If anyone else is in the Dallas area and wants to meet up, PM me ...

Congratuations NickTW! I plan to visit NYU next Monday. Anybody have any recommendations on what to check out?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Alpha Phi Omega, Golden Key, Phi Kappa Phi
Schools: Ross (CGSM), Maryland, Columbia, CGSM: Stern, Darden, Cornell
WE 1: Software/Product Dev (3 yrs)
WE 2: Patent Drafting/Prosecution (1 yr)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 11:06
idcandy wrote:
Hello all,

Congratulations to all the Class of 2012 admitted students!

This is my first time posting in this thread, so for roll call purposes, here is my Stern application timeline:

1/5 - Applied R2 through CGSM (January 5th)
1/25 - Received invitation to interview
2/20 - Interviewed at Stern Perspectives weekend
3/5 - Received admissions decision via email (offered admission :-D) - email specified that any financial offers would be included in my official admissions packet
3/11 - Received admissions packet

I particularly wanted to post since I haven't seen anyone else say they received their admissions packet, so if you have been admitted and are waiting to see if Stern is making you a financial offer, the packet is on its way!

Cheers!

Just noticed that the roll call page lists my invitation to interview date and my received admissions packet date. As I understand it, the roll call should show our interview and decision dates. I interviewed on 2/20 and received my decision on 3/5. Can someone please modify the roll call to reflect these dates? Thanks!

I'm officially a Terperine!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 20:26
I'll chime in for those who are in R3.

I'm surprised by the speed also, but here are my dates:

Applied on 3/15
Interview Invitation on 3/29

Does anyone who interviewed recently have any additional insight on the interview process?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2010, 06:12
Anyone else still waiting for an initial reply from Stern for R2?
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU (Interviewed), Columbia (Ding), Georgetown (Interview)
WE 1: 5 yrs

Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2010, 07:25
Just got the waitlist reply from Stern. Applied 1/15, interviewed 3/11.

I'm seriously dejected; I know that it is not the worst news in the world (not a ding), but still, I am now stuck in limbo for the next several months. Of course, I plan on doing all it takes to get off of the list, but it is hard to avoid the waning enthusiasm after months of hard work and waiting.

Anybody have any specific advice? Anyone know of previous years' students that got off the waitlist that I could contact?

Best of luck to the rest of you.
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants   [#permalink] 01 Apr 2010, 07:25