Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:47 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Stern
 Q45  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance - investment management
 Q48  V45
WE 1: IT project management - major publishing company (2.5 years)
WE 2: IT consulting - top IT consulting firm (2.5 years)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Stanford, Haas, Stern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink]
mbaTime wrote:
greytmba wrote:
MMtrader wrote:
notification deadline for R3 is June 1st. I assume that is when we start to see activity.

I am thinking WL may be even later than June 1st...June 1st is the initial notification deadline for Rd 3, so that means Rd 3 applicants will still be getting interview invites/WL/ding up to June 1st. If they get interview invites on June 1st, then interview, then are accepted, they have 2 weeks from acceptance to make their deposit. That means the adcom won't have an accurate count of seats remaining until late June, that's just my 2 cents though.

my understanding is that Stern is a school that uses the waitlist heavily. I bet that more people will get in off the waitlist than people who get in from Round 3...

Seems hard to tell; the BW threads from previous years aren't very encouraging, that's for sure.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys,

I had my interview for *round 2* a little more than *4 weeks* ago, and I still have yet to hear from Stern. I'm not waitlisted right now, nor am I dinged outright. Is anyone else in the same boat? Any conjectures on what's happening with my application?

I'm a re-app, was waitlisted with an interview last year and withdrew from the waitlist.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Stern '13
Send PM
Looks like no one has come off of the waitlist for a while. Browsing thru last year's posts, it looks like a lot of waitlist decisions come in around the last week of May -- so we should have just a few more weeks left.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Received a confirmation that my background check was competed and I am officially enrolled. Even though I was sure that I indicated all info in my application accurately, still feels much better))).
Manager
Manager
Schools:Stanford, Haas, Stern
Send PM
cwhs wrote:
Looks like no one has come off of the waitlist for a while. Browsing thru last year's posts, it looks like a lot of waitlist decisions come in around the last week of May -- so we should have just a few more weeks left.

Did people waitlisted w/o an intervew recieve interview invites around the end of May?
Current Student
Send PM
mbaTime wrote:
Did people waitlisted w/o an intervew recieve interview invites around the end of May?

From what I read, most of the decisions were dings. I am unsure of the percentage of people who came off the waitlist with an invite to an interview. It struck me as direct admits, having had their interviews prior to being placed on the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i agree, it would be easier for them to do that instead of interviewing those who are on the WL who haven't been.

but, what's the point of putting someone on the waitlist w/o int?
Current Student
Send PM
raven52 wrote:
i agree, it would be easier for them to do that instead of interviewing those who are on the WL who haven't been.

IMO, the waitlist w/o interview would only make sense if they are considering you for the Summer Start. That being said, I also would think that they would drop off all the non-interviewed applicants from their list by now. Maybe thats why they wait until the end of May -- doesn't the Summer Start program begin sometime in June?

For full disclosure, I was waitlisted after the interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance - investment management
 Q48  V45
WE 1: IT project management - major publishing company (2.5 years)
WE 2: IT consulting - top IT consulting firm (2.5 years)
Send PM
cwhs wrote:
raven52 wrote:

IMO, the waitlist w/o interview would only make sense if they are considering you for the Summer Start. That being said, I also would think that they would drop off all the non-interviewed applicants from their list by now. Maybe thats why they wait until the end of May -- doesn't the Summer Start program begin sometime in June?

For full disclosure, I was waitlisted after the interview.

Summer Start begins during the second week of July according to Stern's website. I think there are a lot of considerations that impact their decision to WL candidates with and without interviews. The bottom line is that the whole purpose of the WL is to ensure that every available seat gets filled. I think they will continue to keep candidates on the WL that will be able to enroll on short notice until every seat is filled.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Applicant1978 wrote:
Received a confirmation that my background check was competed and I am officially enrolled. Even though I was sure that I indicated all info in my application accurately, still feels much better))).

How long did it take for you to get that confirmation? I am still waiting on mine.

For the roll call: I got accepted on 4/14.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q49  V40
Send PM
gmattestlover wrote:
Applicant1978 wrote:

How long did it take for you to get that confirmation? I am still waiting on mine.

For the roll call: I got accepted on 4/14.

More than a month - I submitted my form to Kroll on 7th of April.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was admitted to Stern as a R3 applicant on Thursday morning!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
A couple questions about the waitlist....

So do they basically leave everyone on the waitlist until the last possible day (until they fill all spots) and then on that day reject everyone else, or do they drop people from the list as time goes on (like now)?

Have they already started pulling people in off the waitlist, or no one has heard?

Thanks,

Matt
Current Student
Send PM
What a dead thread! Hasn't anybody received any feedback yet? Are people just not posting to update their statuses?

I'm scanning this forum as well as the BW every other day or so, and no action whatsoever. I'm starting to feel like we're going to drop like flies in the next couple of weeks as they wrap up their round 3 initial notifications. I wish there was a member of the adcom around here to give us some relevant updates.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cwhs wrote:
What a dead thread! Hasn't anybody received any feedback yet? Are people just not posting to update their statuses?

I'm scanning this forum as well as the BW every other day or so, and no action whatsoever. I'm starting to feel like we're going to drop like flies in the next couple of weeks as they wrap up their round 3 initial notifications. I wish there was a member of the adcom around here to give us some relevant updates.

agreed, seems like there is little action. i'm a little surprised as stern historically loses out to wharton/cbs (as we've already seen on this thread), and i would assume they would have more spots to fill off the WL.

i'm still on WL w/o interview and have heard nothing from them. i know from last year's thread that some ppl got cut in late august so... i'm hoping i get in, but i'm not holding my breath and will start working on my reapps soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cwhs wrote:

I believe a few of us R3 applicants have already updated our statuses. It seems like initial notifications had already been sent out. In my case, I knew my final decision about a month from my submit date.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
raven52 wrote:
i'm a little surprised as stern historically loses out to wharton/cbs (as we've already seen on this thread), and i would assume they would have more spots to fill off the WL.

i'm still on WL w/o interview and have heard nothing from them. i know from last year's thread that some ppl got cut in late august so... i'm hoping i get in, but i'm not holding my breath and will start working on my reapps soon.

Historically Columbia was above Stern and stable in the rankings. Now one is declining, the other is ascending.

Historically Wharton did not have noticeably miserable recruitment statistics. In 2009 it was significantly worse than many expected, their finance focus easy to filter out and show they were relatively worse off.

My understanding was that Stern expected a huge pick-up on yield from the US News, the new Dean and the whole change going on in the school. That was before the deposits came in, but there was a feeling (probably from deposits received then) that there would be a favorable bump in uptake on offers made to that point.

This is the risk that Round 3 applicants play. All schools will be long offers to places equal or above the class size azt that point. If uptake moves off forecast, they will not be able to take as many R3 candidates. Worse, Waitlist people (who could almost be considered alternates for offered places) find they are less likely to get pulled through.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54