Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 05:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Posts: 38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 19:43
Oh, yes! Almost forgot. I had a great student lunch experience with a great 2nd year Stern student (girl) they paired me with. Class visit was ok: the professor seemed capable, but the case-study was pretty basic.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Oct 2010
Posts: 189
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 20:00
STF wrote:
How many people here interviewed on March 30th? Has anyone heard back yet? P.S. I know this sounds a little ridiculous, since some folks here have been having anxiety attacks for 3+ weeks, but still...


I've only seen two people on here that have heard in anything around 5 days post-interview and they were both interviewed for Summer Start. Unfortunately, most people have waited closer to the 15-21 day mark. I hope we hear sooner, I interviewed around the same time as you.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2010
Posts: 56
Schools: NYU Stern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 01:47
llcoolj wrote:
STF wrote:
How many people here interviewed on March 30th? Has anyone heard back yet? P.S. I know this sounds a little ridiculous, since some folks here have been having anxiety attacks for 3+ weeks, but still...


how did your interview go? were the questions difficult?

worried that i will come off nervous during my upcoming interview. stern is my top choice and i am definitely over-preparing, but am concerned about appearing un-relaxed.

I recently had my decision 13 days after having interviewed. I was very nervous for the interview, but I still managed to get in. I would agree with the posters above in that the interview is very relaxed. I also got the question 'What would you do if you receive multiple offers from business schools?'. They want to hear Stern is your top choice and why. Just be yourself. Once you have an interview at Stern, chances are very high you'll get in. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 130
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 02:11
I had my interview exactly 3 weeks ago.. whats next step for me? should I call the office / email them? or wait for my ding
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Posts: 30
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 02:52
I submitted the Kroll authorization forms about 6 weeks ago and still haven't heard from NYU. I contacted Kroll's representative last week and she told me that they submitted the report a while ago so I'm not sure why this is taking so long.
I know the Kroll time frame was discussed here before but has any international applicant finished this process yet and if so, how long did it take?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2010
Posts: 56
Schools: NYU Stern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 03:05
ua87 wrote:
I had my interview exactly 3 weeks ago.. whats next step for me? should I call the office / email them? or wait for my ding

They gave 3 weeks as a guideline. I received my decision on a Tuesday, but a lot of people got it on a Wednesday. I would wait till after Wednesday before doing anything...
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 246
Schools: Stern '13
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 42 [1] , given: 16

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 07:41
1
This post received
KUDOS
mbalady2010 wrote:
I submitted the Kroll authorization forms about 6 weeks ago and still haven't heard from NYU. I contacted Kroll's representative last week and she told me that they submitted the report a while ago so I'm not sure why this is taking so long.
I know the Kroll time frame was discussed here before but has any international applicant finished this process yet and if so, how long did it take?

Thanks


I am a US based international, and I got my email from NYU 2 business days after Kroll submitted its report. I would definitely call NYU at this point. It's likely that you are clear but they forgot to send the email.
_________________

Like the response? Kudos it!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 09:51
Blueskadoobob wrote:
cosmintruta wrote:
I noticed it says on the admitted students website that if you don't want your employer to know about your plans to attend business school, you should not start the verification process. It also tells you to send an email to the admchair. I guess this means that Kroll will reveal that you're going to attend Stern during the verification process?


Yep. Kroll does a full background check, so they call the current and past employers to verify the info.


CONGRATULATIONS to all of the admits!!! Hope to see you all at the admitted student weekend.


I was hoping it would be discreet. I still plan to work at my current employer for a few more months.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Oct 2010
Posts: 189
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 12:11
Looking at past acceptances, it looks like well over 90% of them came on a Wednesday.
A few came on a Thursday, and a couple on a Tuesday.

Just something to think about while we're all sitting at work tomorrow...
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 85
Location: Northeast - USA
Schools: UCLA Anderson (IN!!), NYU Stern (IN!!), MIT (R1 Ding), Columbia (RD Ding)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 12:17
uprightcitizen wrote:
Looking at past acceptances, it looks like well over 90% of them came on a Wednesday.
A few came on a Thursday, and a couple on a Tuesday.

Just something to think about while we're all sitting at work tomorrow...


stern's been pretty quiet since last week with respect to admits/ding/wl. i assume at this point everyone has received at least an "initial notification"?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2010
Posts: 79
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 12:23
Admitted students,

Is it a full day agenda on preview weekend for Friday, April 15th? I'm asking cause I have a hard time taking Friday off and I was wondering if I'm going to be missing out a lot.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2011
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 13:02
waitlisted too on 31.03
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 53
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 13:05
danerd wrote:
Admitted students,

Is it a full day agenda on preview weekend for Friday, April 15th? I'm asking cause I have a hard time taking Friday off and I was wondering if I'm going to be missing out a lot.

Thanks.



It's not a full day. There is only a welcome reception from 7-9pm in Times Square (NASDAQ).
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 100
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Schools: All R2 - Booth(attending w/$), Kellogg(WL w/int then ding), CBS(ding w/int), Harvard(ding), NYU(admit), UCLA PT(admit), USC PT(admit)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 13:11
Had my interview on campus yesterday. Overall pretty relaxed - my only major call out is that you should be prepared to back up everything you say. Want to be a brand manager? Know why. Your strength is leadership. Have an example. Your weakness is impatience. Have another example. It's pretty much common sense, but I've interviewed at 5 schools at this point and NYU was the one that kept digging deeper into each answer I gave.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2009
Posts: 168
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2013
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 13:28
upInTheAir wrote:
stern's been pretty quiet since last week with respect to admits/ding/wl. i assume at this point everyone has received at least an "initial notification"?


I haven't!!!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 85
Location: Northeast - USA
Schools: UCLA Anderson (IN!!), NYU Stern (IN!!), MIT (R1 Ding), Columbia (RD Ding)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 13:31
carriedinterest wrote:
upInTheAir wrote:
stern's been pretty quiet since last week with respect to admits/ding/wl. i assume at this point everyone has received at least an "initial notification"?


I haven't!!!


so strange... did you contact them? Their website does say "You will receive one of three initial notifications: invitation to interview, waitlist offer or denial of admission." by the 4/1/2011 date.

tomorrow will be my 3 weeks. my interviewer said to contact her if i dont hear anything by then so i will send her an email if i dont hear by Friday.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Apr 2011
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 16:03
GMAT802 wrote:
llcoolj wrote:
STF wrote:
How many people here interviewed on March 30th? Has anyone heard back yet? P.S. I know this sounds a little ridiculous, since some folks here have been having anxiety attacks for 3+ weeks, but still...


how did your interview go? were the questions difficult?

worried that i will come off nervous during my upcoming interview. stern is my top choice and i am definitely over-preparing, but am concerned about appearing un-relaxed.

I recently had my decision 13 days after having interviewed. I was very nervous for the interview, but I still managed to get in. I would agree with the posters above in that the interview is very relaxed. I also got the question 'What would you do if you receive multiple offers from business schools?'. They want to hear Stern is your top choice and why. Just be yourself. Once you have an interview at Stern, chances are very high you'll get in. Good luck!


so what you are saying is that you definitely came off nervous during the interview, but that its alright?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Posts: 31
Schools: INSEAD, Ross, NYU
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 22:03
uprightcitizen wrote:
Looking at past acceptances, it looks like well over 90% of them came on a Wednesday.
A few came on a Thursday, and a couple on a Tuesday.

Just something to think about while we're all sitting at work tomorrow...


Indeed, today is a fine day to get accepted :)

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 85
Location: Northeast - USA
Schools: UCLA Anderson (IN!!), NYU Stern (IN!!), MIT (R1 Ding), Columbia (RD Ding)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2011, 08:50
is anyone having trouble with the stern status check website? just making sure i'm not going crazy here :-/
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Oct 2010
Posts: 189
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2011, 08:52
upInTheAir wrote:
is anyone having trouble with the stern status check website? just making sure i'm not going crazy here :-/


Can't get in either. You're not crazy.

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants   [#permalink] 06 Apr 2011, 08:52
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
186 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants SalarymanJ 2195 02 Jul 2010, 08:09
Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2012 Waitlisters!! Wolverinemba 3 26 Feb 2012, 22:36
Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants-CONSORTIUM chcarvajal 1 27 Jan 2011, 18:20
14 Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! brainhurt 246 11 Jan 2011, 10:39
Calling all NYU Stern applications... lanter1 46 20 Aug 2007, 12:32
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  100   101   102   103   104  ...  110    Next  [ 2196 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.