Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 3: 760
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 5 yrs
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 2: 700  Q46  V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
gobigorgohome wrote:
Hi All,
I just received an award with my package and I was wondering--what is the policy for NYU for awarding $ 2nd year? How likely is it that I will be able to get the same/similar award for next year? This type of award for my first year is an "Alumni" scholarship.
Thanks!!

Second year goes all academic. No one tells you that, but if you have a pretty good GPA (3.8? It feels so long ago) you likely get some money. If you have a 4.0 and some other ridiculous nonsense, you get a full ride. My friend got that. I wish someone had mentioned some of this as I am sure I would have got significantly more and not been so disregarding about some classes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
 Q47  V38
GPA: 3.52
WE 1: 5 yr Big Four
WE 2: 0.5 yr IB
Send PM
tradster101 wrote:
Any R3 activity?

I applied R3... zero activity. Anyone else out there in my shoes?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:HBS, Stanford, CBS, UCLA, USC
 Q48  V37
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: Corporate Finance
WE 2: Islamic Bank
Send PM
I applied in R3 and nothing yet! Is there anyone who has been contacted?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 2: 700  Q46  V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Quote:
I applied in R3 and nothing yet! Is there anyone who has been contacted?

Based on results posted here, I think it will be at least another 3-4 weeks before there is any action.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
tradster101 wrote:
Any R3 activity?

dude, I am R2 applicant and I am still waiting for review of my profile. :)
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.59
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
As a slightly anxious waitlister, I am curious about admitted students weekend. How was it? Did everyone seem pretty sold on Stern? What were the common schools attendees were torn between? Has anyone decided to not put down a deposit?

I know the cycle is near completion for most of you who attended, but it is a tremendous help to the R2 and R3 applicants who still haven't heard ANY news, and us waitlisters who can only hope more spots open up.

Thank you for any thoughts/news.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Wharton, Columbia, LBS, Kellogg, Tuck
Send PM
hrogers014 wrote:
As a slightly anxious waitlister, I am curious about admitted students weekend. How was it? Did everyone seem pretty sold on Stern? What were the common schools attendees were torn between? Has anyone decided to not put down a deposit?

I know the cycle is near completion for most of you who attended, but it is a tremendous help to the R2 and R3 applicants who still haven't heard ANY news, and us waitlisters who can only hope more spots open up.

Strongly support you! I am also a WLer after interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Gen
Schools:NYU Stern Class of 2013
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: 3yrs FINANCE
Send PM
hrogers014 wrote:

Admitted Student's Weekend was a lot of fun as I assume most are unless you didn't get along with your potential future classmates for whatever reason. Very personable group of people. Most people were sold and those that were torn were like 95%+ Stern. Some schools I heard people were deciding btwn were Michigan, Chicago, HBS, and UVA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:NYU
Send PM
greentea wrote:
hrogers014 wrote:

Admitted Student's Weekend was a lot of fun as I assume most are unless you didn't get along with your potential future classmates for whatever reason. Very personable group of people. Most people were sold and those that were torn were like 95%+ Stern. Some schools I heard people were deciding btwn were Michigan, Chicago, HBS, and UVA.

I definitely echo that sentiment. I'd say about 80% of those in attendance were decided on Stern already, and of the other 20% (the 'torn' people), I agree that 95% appeared sold on Stern. However, I do believe that there is some selection bias in those numbers, as I'm quite sure that there are those choosing between schools that didn't even attend the weekend. For example, I met a girl who was also accepted to Duke, and Duke was having its Pre-View weekend at the same time as Stern. That she came to Stern's shows where her sentiment lies, but I have to believe that there were people heading to Duke last weekend instead of Stern. I also met people deciding between UCLA, Ross, Emory, and Northwestern. Probably more but I can't remember -- and as I said, I think only the A) most serious to attend Stern and B) undecided but leaning towards Stern were in attendance, while the C) undecided but leaning elsewhere didn't bother to come.

As for the weekend itself, yeah it was quite awesome. As is Stern's reputation, the students were very down-to-earth yet successful and driven at the same time. Very exciting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools:R2: Stern, Yale SOM, Wharton, Columbia, Tuck
GPA: 3.49
WE 1: 3+ Engineer
Send PM
Regnisdj wrote:
rouzbie wrote:
I kept posting and PMing people that I had finished Kroll, but apparently I hadn't finished until today. I received an email from MBA Admissions stating that my verification process is complete and I'm officially part of the NYU Stern Class of 2013 :)

Edit: for those keeping track, I submitted all the preliminary information to Kroll on 3/16 (so about a month)

This is good to know. Thanks

I just received the same email stating that my verfication process was completed (a big relief since my record has a few blemishes from long ago). I started my verification this past Monday (4/18) and sent my deposit on 4/13. Much quicker turnaround than I was expecting.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:NYU Stern - Class of 2013
 Q48  V44
WE 1: Nonprofit / international development (4 years)
WE 2: Consulting internship - MBB
Send PM
3underscore wrote:
gobigorgohome wrote:
Hi All,
I just received an award with my package and I was wondering--what is the policy for NYU for awarding $ 2nd year? How likely is it that I will be able to get the same/similar award for next year? This type of award for my first year is an "Alumni" scholarship.
Thanks!!

Second year goes all academic. No one tells you that, but if you have a pretty good GPA (3.8? It feels so long ago) you likely get some money. If you have a 4.0 and some other ridiculous nonsense, you get a full ride. My friend got that. I wish someone had mentioned some of this as I am sure I would have got significantly more and not been so disregarding about some classes.

Thanks for this - it's useful to know. I had the same query and spoke with the Financial Aid office about it. There was some hint that GPA would come into it in the second year, but generally they just said that it's based on 'merit', which gives them a lot of scope to decide what that means. As with first year scholarships, they suggested that the proportion getting scholarships is around 30%, and that several factors - all loosely based around the idea of 'merit' (as I understand it, all this means is that need isn't a factor) - could come into play.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

Has anyone been able to activate their stern account id? trying to get through the to-do list of stuff..

thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:LBS (Waitlist), IESE(ding), Haas (R2 - ding), Anderson(R2 - Interview - Waitlist), Stern(R2 - IN!! with $$)
 Q50  V42
WE 1: MS, Electrical Engg, USC
WE 2: Research and Dev Engineer (3.5 years)
Send PM
learningtheways wrote:
Hi all,

Has anyone been able to activate their stern account id? trying to get through the to-do list of stuff..

thanks!

I managed to get my NYU net ID but when I tried to activate the Stern Net ID to setup my email, it said there were no matching records in the system. I called NYU Helpdesk and they said it takes anywhere upto 5 business days after the NYU net ID is setup for the info to be updated or something. Not sure if you're experiencing the same issue though..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vivekrb wrote:
learningtheways wrote:
Hi all,

thanks!

I managed to get my NYU net ID but when I tried to activate the Stern Net ID to setup my email, it said there were no matching records in the system. I called NYU Helpdesk and they said it takes anywhere upto 5 business days after the NYU net ID is setup for the info to be updated or something. Not sure if you're experiencing the same issue though..

I had the same exact thing, but when I called the HelpDesk they were able to get everything squared away immediately for me. I have my email name, password, etc. and everything is all set up.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yup, that's my exact issue

I called them last week and they said to wait. Guess I"ll call them again, since I'm in Summer Start and will probably be betting emails soon.

Thanks!
Anna
Intern
Intern
Send PM
received a decision yesterday. applied 3/15. dinged w/o interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
accepted yesterday. nyc local, interviewed on 4/5 :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  104   105   106   107   108   109   110   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert