Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 23:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AID
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2011, 18:28
Yesterday, I sent them the supplemental essay and today they updated my status online and replied back saying that your information has been received. Has the response been similar for other guys? This was really quick turn around. I am still hoping for the best.
Intern
Intern
Schools: USC (in!!!), NYU (Waitlist)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2011, 10:45
vinaynp wrote:
Yesterday, I sent them the supplemental essay and today they updated my status online and replied back saying that your information has been received. Has the response been similar for other guys? This was really quick turn around. I am still hoping for the best.

I have a similar story. I sent in my essay update on a Friday and got a "thanks for your continued interest" response on Monday.
Keep up the hope! I am too! Maybe we'll be there together in the fall :-)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton, Columbia, LBS, Kellogg, Tuck

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2011, 21:27
vinaynp wrote:

Yes, it's the same for me!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 08:18
Guys, what do you think: are two additional letters of recommendation too much?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 09:32
The deposit deadline for all admits is next Monday April 25th. I'll bet there will be some serious WL movement after that (interview invites, admits).
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 09:40
deea23 wrote:
Guys, what do you think: are two additional letters of recommendation too much?

The general wisdom is to only submit new letters of recommendation if they offer a new/different perspective from your original letters. For example, if your current supervisor and a past supervisor were your original two recommenders - the scopes of their letters were probably limited to you in a professional work environment. If you are a very active volunteer with a community organization, someone you work with there would be a great resource to explain more about your philanthropic side, which is, of course, a new facet to your character that admissions may not know all about yet. If you have two people who can offer new information about you then I say, go for it with two new recs! But, if your two new recommenders will offer a similar perspective (either to each other or to your original recommenders) I would advise to keep it to one. Just my opinion, of course...

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern, Wharton, CBS

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 07:22
gtownhoo wrote:
The deposit deadline for all admits is next Monday April 25th. I'll bet there will be some serious WL movement after that (interview invites, admits).

here's hoping. really, really hoping
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 18:47
LaChloe wrote:
Hi wait listers - I'm letting NYU know that I won't be attending - hopefully that will open up a spot for one of you! Best of luck.

Thank you, nice buddy!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross
WE 1: Consultant
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 08:00
Any movement? The forum seems painfully slow.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 09:13
hello... so I am new to this forum. I was waitlisted 3/17 without an interview. Not sure what this means, but I am guessing it is not as great as being WL with an interview.

I haven't read the past posts, but has anyone heard of any approaches to the WL?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 10:46
didn't hear anything so far... I'm on the waitlist w/o interview since 02/20.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 15:08
ghinderbelle wrote:
hello... so I am new to this forum. I was waitlisted 3/17 without an interview. Not sure what this means, but I am guessing it is not as great as being WL with an interview.

I haven't read the past posts, but has anyone heard of any approaches to the WL?

I was waitlisted without an interview on 3/17. I am HOPING that the earlier in the Spring they begin to review waitlisters, the better off those of us who haven't yet interviewed will be... Because for those who have already interviewed, their profile is complete and yet NYU is still on the fence about them. But - for us who have yet to interview, they are obviously on the fence about us (hence the not getting an interview and being placed on the waitlist), but our profile isn't technically complete yet because we haven't had the chance to knock their socks off in person :-) I would assume though, that as the summer progresses and there is less time to host interviews and less staff available to conduct them, that those waitlisters who have had an interview will be at the top of the list... so, here's hoping spots in the class open up sooner rather than later!! (P.S. - this is just my personal theory that I am using to comfort myself :wink: )
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 22:08
did anyone manage to get of the WL (R1/R2) this year? with or without interview?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 22:12
STF wrote:
did anyone manage to get of the WL (R1/R2) this year? with or without interview?

Yes, there are. You can refer to previous posts. They are WLers with interview.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2011, 09:36
rechardql wrote:
STF wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there has only been 1 WL that got in and it was that weird case where he was waitlisted on a Tuesday but got the admit on a Friday...
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU Stern 2013

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 12:59
silverdana wrote:
rechardql wrote:
STF wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there has only been 1 WL that got in and it was that weird case where he was waitlisted on a Tuesday but got the admit on a Friday...

just got off from waitlist! (R2) Good luck to those who are waiting!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 13:02
nakakuki wrote:
silverdana wrote:

@Nakakuki Were you WL with or w/o interview?

Congrats on your admit! and Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU Stern 2013

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 13:05
just got off from waitlist! (R2) Good luck to those who are waiting![/quote]

Congrats on your admit! and Thanks![/quote]

I was originally wl w/o interview. got my interview invitation last week. admit today. Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 13:07
nakakuki wrote:

Congrats on your admit! and Thanks![/quote]

I was originally wl w/o interview. got my interview invitation last week. admit today. Thanks![/quote]

That is awesome! I am happy for you and happy there is hope for us w/o interview. Did you submit supplemental info?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 13:14
Congrats, Nakakuki!!! How did you pull that off?
Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!!   [#permalink] 29 Apr 2011, 13:14