Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 11:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Consulting
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:UCLA (IN), Darden (ding w/int), NYU (WL), Georgetown (IN), BC (IN), Wharton (Ding)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink]
like sjp126, i too attended the women's event in february and was waitlisted...still haven't heard either way, and while creeping on the forum for a few weeks now, decided i should add my name to waitlist! i turned down another school (wasn't for me), so pinning my hopes on the waitlist gods :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE 1: IT Management Consultant
Send PM
I'm still here too.

Waitlisted without interview from R1.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Stern '13
Send PM
There may be some movement after early July. The tuition is due then.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just ran into this forum. I applied in round 2 and interview on 4/20. On 5/5 I was waitlisted. I was pretty surprised since I felt the interview went really well. After getting the waitlist notice I did write an additional essay highlighting me desire to attend Stern and had my suspervisor write a supplemental recomendation that focused on professional achievments since the application was sent. So far no update. Currently enrolled at UCLA Anderson but would attend Stern if admitted before moving to LA in mid August.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
If history shows anything, only waitlisters who were interviewed stand a real chance at this point.
And even then the chances aren't high for the people who interviewed. All the other waitlisters are there just a decoration.
NYU is all about business. It seems the waitlist they have is as big as the class.
And they keep as many good candidates on waitlist till end of August to confirm their class is full then they ding them all at once.
The adcom has a strategy of buying time by making things vague and claiming they are still studying your application.
The adcom keeps the waitlisters from committing to other plans, even though they know chances are they won't be admitted to NYU.
The adcom dings a few people every other few weeks just to show the list is moving.
The reality is it is not about dings, but about how many new applicants are being accepted at this period.
Good luck to remaining waitlisters.

forums.businessweek. com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=71&nav=messages&webtag=bw-bschools&tid=75213
gmatclub. com /forum/calling-all-nyu-fall-2010-applicants-80187-1020.html
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:Stern, Wharton, CBS
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
admitted today! can't believe it!
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
way to go slwager!
Intern
Intern
Schools:UCLA (in), Wharton (R1 int W/L), Stern (R1 int W/L - ding)
Send PM
Just as I was typing a response about how I was still waitlisted, I got an email from Stern this morning with a status update--dinged. Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools:Tepper Class of 2013
Send PM
I wish they would just get it over with. It's ridiculous to be on a waitlist for over 5 months without an interview.

bostonian1 wrote:
If history shows anything, only waitlisters who were interviewed stand a real chance at this point.
And even then the chances aren't high for the people who interviewed. All the other waitlisters are there just a decoration.
NYU is all about business. It seems the waitlist they have is as big as the class.
And they keep as many good candidates on waitlist till end of August to confirm their class is full then they ding them all at once.
The adcom has a strategy of buying time by making things vague and claiming they are still studying your application.
The adcom keeps the waitlisters from committing to other plans, even though they know chances are they won't be admitted to NYU.
The adcom dings a few people every other few weeks just to show the list is moving.
The reality is it is not about dings, but about how many new applicants are being accepted at this period.
Good luck to remaining waitlisters.

forums.businessweek. com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=71&nav=messages&webtag=bw-bschools&tid=75213
gmatclub. com /forum/calling-all-nyu-fall-2010-applicants-80187-1020.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools:Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Stern, Booth, MIT, IMD, INSEAD, IESE
 Q47  V47
GPA: 2.6
WE 1: 10 years total WE; 2 yrs entrepreneurship, 8 years in telecom, Big 4 and Commercial Banking
WE 2: Currently in a management position with a commercial bank
Send PM
Waitlisted from R2 without an interview initially, then summoned to NY for an interview in late April. Waitlisted until yesterday. Dinged.
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Dinged!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Consulting
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Wow, that's awesome news slwager!! Congratulations! It seems there has been a fair amount of movement on the waitlist over the last two weeks.
Just curious, how many of us left on the waitlist have actually been interviewed?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I interviewed Rd. 2 on 4/20. Still on the wait list.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm still on the waitlist without interview.. Not sure what to expect.. My concern is I am travelling in late july/early aug, and I don't know what's the best way to reach out to adcom mentioning I wont be in the country. If I get an interview invite, I don't want to miss the opportunity. Just afraid I may be away without much access to internet. Any idea until how late in july/aug we can expect to see interview invites?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Guys...i was dinged today!!it was expected but disapointing at the same time:increasing my gmat from 700 to 750 has proved useless.
That is the end for me this season,i'll have to think if i start a new round of reapps next year...

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
For anybody waiting, one seat in this fall's entering class should be open, so hopefully at least another person from here gets in. I decided not to go to business school this year, and already let the admissions office know. Debated whether or not to post this at all, but during the application process, I always felt that it was better to have more (accurate) information than none, and to keep hope alive. Good luck to everyone, whether or not you get in this year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I guess 160k of (tuition and living expenses) and forgone salary of like 140k => 300k total is not a joke. Even 100k a year in income (starting salary average if you get a job in this economy) taxed to 35% at least in nyc, it would take like 6 or 7 years to pay them off if one knows how to restrain. It is a tough choice and each has his circumstances. Thanks for letting us know your decision.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13