Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 17:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CPA
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.59
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2011, 05:32
July 7th has come and gone, at least now some spots have hopefully opened up.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2011, 07:12
I feel the admissions committee is playing it slow. They believe they got 1000 people on the wait-list dying to do whatever they can to get in. That is not true especially for people who got admitted else where. They certainly have a big big wait-list... If they don't act quick on those wait-listed people admitted at other schools they will lose them. Anyways I am not doing the selection and I don't care less if they get the best or the worst of the wait-list. I would say for those who are not accepted else where, it is a great idea to just wait and see what happens. For other people who got into a top 20 program just don't lose that opportunity. Don't close that door(going to some other top school), hoping NYU will let you in. You could delay the wait as much as you can, hoping nyu will let you in, but don't lose that chance. Don't get a last minute messed up rent. NYU cares less about you or your future, they only care about forming what they believe is the best class. One bird in the hand is better than 10 on the tree. And if you believe this is the right year for your MBA just go for it. Why did you apply to schools you didn't want to go to in the first place? Correct? If you have a great scholarship at a top 20 and are wait-listed at NYU which ranks 14 when you look at 20 year salary payback(businessweek: http://poetsandquants.com/2011/06/14/mb ... 3-million/), why would you give that up? That is craziness. Remember getting accepted from wait-list only gets you a big fat loan, and no scholarship. And the difference between NYU and a top 20 over a career time is less than 150k which will be the extra loans with interest you are taking.
I believe this week if the wait-list doesn't move so much then chances are you are waiting for the impossible. Whoever paid 20 something thousand on July 7 is definitely attending unless something real real bad happens(and I hope those bad things don't happen to anyone). And this is what the remaining wait-listers will be for.
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA (IN), Darden (ding w/int), NYU (WL), Georgetown (IN), BC (IN), Wharton (Ding)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2011, 11:19
Has anyone heard anything?
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Manufacturing (2 yrs)
WE 2: Marketing (2 yrs)
WE 3: Consulting (3 yrs)

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2011, 15:21
rejected yesterday via check status email! good luck to those still waiting...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2011, 19:28
There were a couple of dings yesterday. If you are in NY only, you still have a tiny chance. Otherwise just forget it. I heard personally for an admission officer saying we need to take into account the time for a person to move. So it is so tough for anyone outside NY at this stage unless interview was already done earlier I guess. Also the class is full at this stage, this is from admissions officers. They believe a tiny amount of slots could open up. Whoever is in the class at this point already paid his 20k something semester tuition, or else lost his seat. So your only bets are either someone on the waitlist gets into Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, MIT, etc... and decides to forgo NYU, or something really really bad prevents that person from attending. Also I think if you had acceptances and are still waiting for NYU you made a very bad decision. I still wish you luck, you have a tiny chance at this point because you are still on waitlist today.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2011, 10:48
Finally received my ding letter via email today. R1 applicant. Live in NYC area. Gl to everyone still on the waitlist

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2011, 08:28
Finally got the ding today, been on the waitlist since early january, what was the text of everyone's waitlist ding letters, was there specific encouragement to reapply or was it just a standard best of luck in your future endeavors type of letter?
Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!!   [#permalink] 22 Aug 2011, 08:28