Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.03
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship and Technology
Schools:UCLA, USC, NYU
GMAT 2: 680 GMAT 3: 640
GPA: 3.55
WE 1: 5 Years, Entertainment and Technology
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink]
bayareaCFA wrote:
I think timing is important. If you wait too long it may appear as if a prospective student is uninterested. Waiting a few weeks should be okay though. You definitely want to communicate something of substance when you do communicate. E-mailing the admissions committee with no additional information that may strengthen your candidacy is probably only marginally beneficial.

Ya I didn't word that well. I agree that timing is important, what I meant to say that I don't think that her timing was problematic. My strategy was to send a brief email immediately emphasizing my continued interest in the program and stating that I would send a more detailed letter in three weeks, and then take the time to put something more substantial together.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross '13
 Q48  V42
Send PM
count me in...waitlisted R1. I got the notification a while ago but am just now posting into this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V44

WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I got waitlisted after an interview. Anybody else in the same boat?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
badsyntax wrote:

I think most of us have been waitlisted without an interview and I haven't seen a NYU poster get waitlisted with an interview until now.

Congrats on getting one at least. How did your interview go? Care to conjecture why the waitlist occurred?
Current Student
Send PM
futurestrategist wrote:
badsyntax wrote:

I think most of us have been waitlisted without an interview and I haven't seen a NYU poster get waitlisted with an interview until now.

Congrats on getting one at least. How did your interview go? Care to conjecture why the waitlist occurred?

I think there was one other person WL'd after interview this year. There were a couple last year. Definitely the vast majority are w/o int.

I agree it's positive that you got an interview invite in the first place.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V44

WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Really not sure. Needless to say, I wasn't expecting a WL after the interview. The interview itself had gone very well, or at least that's what I had thought. In hind sight, one thing that could have hurt me was my answer to the questions about what kind of jobs I will look for post-MBA. I told them that I wanted to stay in consulting but would like to explore my options during my first summer and that brand name is not as big a concern for me as the kind of opportunities I get. Not sure if those were the "correct" answers.

Looks like they give quite an emphasis on retaking the GMAT as a WLer. Guess it's time to hit the books again!

futurestrategist wrote:
badsyntax wrote:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools:Tepper Class of 2013
Send PM
I just read my waitlist letter again today, and noticed that it says they'll be reviewing our status starting in the Spring. If the definition is the one on the calendar, that means the earliest we could hear anything is more than a month away... for some reason I expected we'd be continuously evaluated together with the R2 applicants. Time to go find last year's thread and check when movement starts to happen.
Current Student
Send PM
cmv wrote:
I just read my waitlist letter again today, and noticed that it says they'll be reviewing our status starting in the Spring. If the definition is the one on the calendar, that means the earliest we could hear anything is more than a month away... for some reason I expected we'd be continuously evaluated together with the R2 applicants. Time to go find last year's thread and check when movement starts to happen.

cmv, that would be a great help! I believe few people had gotten off the waitlist last year, but I'm not sure about their timelines.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools:Tepper Class of 2013
Send PM
futurestrategist wrote:
cmv wrote:

cmv, that would be a great help! I believe few people had gotten off the waitlist last year, but I'm not sure about their timelines.

Here's a ray of hope:

Apply: 11/14/09 (round 1)
Wait-list w/o interview: 1/6/10
Interview Invitation: 2/25/10
Interview (summer start): 3/25/10
Admitted: 4/2/10

it seems they picked off a few (very few) people to interview for Summer Start in late Feb/early March. Not sure how they pick people for Summer Start.
Current Student
Send PM
Nice find! Interesting that that person was interviewed for summer start before being admitted.

My WL letter says the same as yours, but I'm almost positive I've read an interview with the admissions director which said they review the WL on a weekly basis. I'll try to find it when I'm home.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Send PM
brainhurt wrote:
Nice find! Interesting that that person was interviewed for summer start before being admitted.

My WL letter says the same as yours, but I'm almost positive I've read an interview with the admissions director which said they review the WL on a weekly basis. I'll try to find it when I'm home.

Interesting considering that Columbia reviews applications on a weekly basis also for deferred/waitlisted candidates. Looking forward to reading that interview. Perhaps the process is a weekly basis from spring onwards?
Current Student
Send PM
futurestrategist wrote:
brainhurt wrote:

Interesting considering that Columbia reviews applications on a weekly basis also for deferred/waitlisted candidates. Looking forward to reading that interview. Perhaps the process is a weekly basis from spring onwards?

My mistake, I was thinking of an interview I read with Cornell: https://www.accepted.com/chat/Transcript ... rnell.aspx

Spring? Ugh.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Got waitlisted today. Had applied R1 on 11/15. I was waiting for my rejection letter to come in considering it had been so long.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Social Enterprise / Non-Profit
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 6+ Yrs, Management Consulting
Send PM
Kudos
just wanted to let you all know that I was W/L for Stern but declined my place on the waitlist (just paid my enrollment deposit for Ross). Hopefully that opens up a spot, good luck!
Current Student
Send PM
ph0429 wrote:
just wanted to let you all know that I was W/L for Stern but declined my place on the waitlist (just paid my enrollment deposit for Ross). Hopefully that opens up a spot, good luck!

Thanks, and good luck at Ross!

To feed the speculation, I submitted an update letter 2 weeks ago and it hasn't been reflected in my status page, so it doesn't appear that WLers are getting a lot of attention right now.
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks and good luck at Ross as well! I just interviewed on campus at Ross and the people there were great. Ross has the best business school building that I have ever seen.

And I wonder when spring begins for nyu. Do they rely on groundhogs?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V38
WE 1: Consultant
Send PM
brainhurt wrote:
ph0429 wrote:

Thanks, and good luck at Ross!

To feed the speculation, I submitted an update letter 2 weeks ago and it hasn't been reflected in my status page, so it doesn't appear that WLers are getting a lot of attention right now.

I don't know if they are really busy but I submitted an update letter a month ago and it showed up on my status page after 3 business days. I would wait a few more days and if it still doesn't show up, I would send them an email following up.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13