Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 00:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 14:05
This post received
KUDOS
what all documents we need to carry to the interview apart from degree, official transcripts and a copy of resume?

ls413 wrote:
I've just heard that NYU has a more collaborative culture and Booth is more competitive and the students focus more on the individual.

I feel like this stereotype is due to the fact that Booth does not have a true "cohort" system. Since the school has a flexible curriculum, you do not attend your core classes with the same group of people. When I visited Booth, I found every person who I met to be kind, friendly, and welcoming. In my own personal opinion, I think that Booth's culture is on par with Stern's in terms of the collaborative nature of its students.

As a native New Yorker, I agree with those who have said that there is no other city like New York. That being said, Chicago is a great city that has wonderful things to offer. I would also say that Chicago is easier to navigate and its inhabitants are more friendly. I think it's much easier to feel lost in New York City than in Chicago.[/quote]
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 21:46
Overall ranking, Booth is better than Stern.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 23:58
madzy wrote:
Hi,

Have any Indian R2 applicants received interview invites as yet.

- madzy

Yeah madzy, I received an invite a couple weeks back. I believe there's at least one more Indian who said the same thing in the past couple of weeks.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.48
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 00:08
vsetia wrote:
madzy wrote:
Hi,

- madzy

Yeah madzy, I received an invite a couple weeks back. I believe there's at least one more Indian who said the same thing in the past couple of weeks.

Thanks for sharing that. Couple of questions 1) when did you submit your application? 2) who is taking interviews this time around - alums or adcom members? 3) when did you receive an invite? And, 4) how was your interview?

- madzy
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 00:12
madzy wrote:
vsetia wrote:
madzy wrote:
Hi,

- madzy

Thanks for sharing that. Couple of questions 1) when did you submit your application? 2) who is taking interviews this time around - alums or adcom members? 3) when did you receive an invite? And, 4) how was your interview?

- madzy

Submitted my application on the deadline - 15th Jan (a few hours early)
Received my interview invitation on 11th Feb
I requested an off-campus interview (so most probably alums) and received communication from Stern that I will hear back from them regarding the interview by start of March. So I'm just waiting for them now.

- V
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.48
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 02:35
Vsetia - thanks for this. please also let me know who (alum / adcom) is taking interviews when you hear from them.

-madzy
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 08:55
what all documents we need to carry to the interview apart from degree, official transcripts and a copy of resume? guys who are done with their interviews can shed some light on this..

madzy wrote:
Vsetia - thanks for this. please also let me know who (alum / adcom) is taking interviews when you hear from them.

-madzy
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 10:01
giitm wrote:
what all documents we need to carry to the interview apart from degree, official transcripts and a copy of resume? guys who are done with their interviews can shed some light on this..

madzy wrote:

-madzy

Madzy-

I believe those are the only documents required to bring to the interview. (Those are the only things I brought).

Best of luck with your interview!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.02
WE: Law (Law)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 5

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 11:01
This post received
KUDOS
allaboutmimi13 wrote:
mbagirl23 wrote:
Admitted! Just received the email! So excited!!!

For the ones following my timeline was:

submitted R1: 11/15/2011
interview invite: 01/23/2012
interview: 02/09/2012
admit: 02/17/2012

No w I have to make a decision between Stern and Booth. My heart is at Stern, but my head is telling me Booth.

Congrats on the admit! What industry are you looking to work in after graduation? I have an admit to Booth as well, but I want to work in the entertainment industry, and Stern seems like a better fit.

I had my interview on 2/09/12 as well - but I have not heard anything today.

Submitted R2 - 1/11/12
interview invite: 2/01/12
interviewed: 02/09/12

I know my time frame has been short in comparison to others... but the post-interview wait is the worst. Hopefully I will hear today!

Any word? Still nothing on my end..
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 11:09
AlwaysBeClosing wrote:
allaboutmimi13 wrote:
mbagirl23 wrote:
Admitted! Just received the email! So excited!!!

submitted R1: 11/15/2011
interview invite: 01/23/2012
admit: 02/17/2012

No w I have to make a decision between Stern and Booth. My heart is at Stern, but my head is telling me Booth.

Congrats on the admit! What industry are you looking to work in after graduation? I have an admit to Booth as well, but I want to work in the entertainment industry, and Stern seems like a better fit.

I had my interview on 2/09/12 as well - but I have not heard anything today.

Submitted R2 - 1/11/12
interview invite: 2/01/12
interviewed: 02/09/12

I know my time frame has been short in comparison to others... but the post-interview wait is the worst. Hopefully I will hear today!

Any word? Still nothing on my end..

Still nothing. It has been 12 days.... I really hope that they do not make us wait until closer to the 3 week mark.... :? After hearing that someone who interviewed same day as us was admitted, I am starting to get concerned.....
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.02
WE: Law (Law)

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 11:27
allaboutmimi13 wrote:
Still nothing. It has been 12 days.... I really hope that they do not make us wait until closer to the 3 week mark.... :? After hearing that someone who interviewed same day as us was admitted, I am starting to get concerned.....

Same.. though I think that the person who interviewed on the same day was an R1 applicant.. if that provides any comfort, or relieves the unrelenting anxiety.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 12:32
I got a promotion & pay rise since submitting my R2 application. Does anyone recommend that I do/don’t reach out to Adcom w/ this info?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 16:01
cheffernan2 wrote:
I got a promotion & pay rise since submitting my R2 application. Does anyone recommend that I do/don’t reach out to Adcom w/ this info?

Thanks!

Cant see how reaching out and updating them can hurt!
Manager
Manager

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 16:10
cheffernan2 wrote:

Thanks!

They probably gonna think u will stay with the company for the promotion. Isnt it gonna hurt?
Manager
Manager

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 10:48
I'm feeling kinda anxious now.
I based in the US, submitted on 1/11/2012, and still haven't heard anything from Stern yet.

1. Who are in the same situation as I do right now?
2. Does anyone submitted after 1/11/2012 got an interview invite already?
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 11:25
wpye86 wrote:
I based in the US, submitted on 1/11/2012, and still haven't heard anything from Stern yet.

I actually submitted my application on 1/11/12, and was invited for an interview on Feb 1. I am based in Canada, but flew down for my interview 2 weeks ago. I wouldnt worry too much about the timing to be invited, as several of my friends (also based in Canada) have not heard anything, and their profiles are very similar to mine.

Hope that you hear something soon!
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 11:47
ADMITTED!!!! NYU is my top choice (as I am in the Entertainment industry, and I do not think any other school can compare to their EMT specialization)

submitted R2: 1/11/2012
interview invite: 02/01/12
admit: 02/22/2012
Manager
Manager

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 12:12
allaboutmimi13 wrote:
wpye86 wrote:

I actually submitted my application on 1/11/12, and was invited for an interview on Feb 1. I am based in Canada, but flew down for my interview 2 weeks ago. I wouldnt worry too much about the timing to be invited, as several of my friends (also based in Canada) have not heard anything, and their profiles are very similar to mine.

R your friends also submitted on the same date as you did?
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 12:15
wpye86 wrote:
allaboutmimi13 wrote:
wpye86 wrote:

R your friends also submitted on the same date as you did?

One of them submitted the week before I did, one on the same day, and the other just before the deadline. I cannot see any real reason that they have not heard anything. I will ask them to join this forum, and perhaps they could share more info with you.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 37

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 08:23
Invited to interview yesterday!
Indian applicant based in UAE.

Am so happy. This makes it 6/6 in terms of interview invites received for me this time. (Kellogg doesn't really count, but whatever :) )

Just realised that Stern actually expects everyone to visit NYC and interview!
I have requested them to accomodate me in one of the off-site interviews. Hoping for the best.
Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 23 Feb 2012, 08:23