Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 10:49

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2012, 14:55
pepe85 wrote:
Submitted 1 day before round 2 deadline.

720/M/6y WE (trading, private equity, entrepreneurship)/latam

Posted from my mobile device Image

Your background is so solid, doesnt seems like need MBA degree.
What is your post MBA goal?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 16

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2012, 15:07
wpye86 wrote:
pepe85 wrote:

LOL!! So nice of you.
@pep85: if you really can't make the trip back, I suggest you give Adcom a call tomorrow. Dont't worry, I'm sure they'll understand that it's not too easy to schedule an interview when you're overseas.
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2012, 17:05
MCE7 wrote:
wpye86 wrote:
pepe85 wrote:

LOL!! So nice of you.
@pep85: if you really can't make the trip back, I suggest you give Adcom a call tomorrow. Dont't worry, I'm sure they'll understand that it's not too easy to schedule an interview when you're overseas.

Hahah Thanks a lot. Actually I just joined a group of investors in a, Energy Startup. I do need other financial hard skills and strategic management concepts. Stern really fits my needs….
On the other hand, I just received an email from the Adcom opening a spot for me. I am really happy with Stern. The Adcom is great…
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: International High IQ Society
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.68
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2012, 04:51
vsetia wrote:
newdreamer wrote:
Hi guys,

Any one who got an off-site interview in any place in India apart from Mumbai? Did anyone get Delhi? Can you please also share the date for your interview.

Thanks

I am an applicant from Delhi, but the off-campus interview is only in Mumbai I believe for Indians. My interview date is 12th March. What's yours?

Hi..Congrats on the interview..Is this an alumni interview or is the Stern Adcom coming to India like they did last time?

Also, when did you submit your application and when did you receive the interview invite?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q V
GPA: 3.8
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all NYU Stern Fall 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2012, 10:22
cwhs wrote:
I will soon be a current student, and I would be happy to answer any questions you may have... Good luck to everyone!

Can you talk generally about your experience so far? How have you enjoyed it, and what was the recruiting experience like this year?

Can you also talk a little about the admitted student event (if you attended) and orientation?

Thanks
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.45
WE: Marketing (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 5

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2012, 01:37
I applied in r2.Is it too late to get an interview invite at this stage?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2012, 05:10
I'm in the same boat. Adcom states it will be sending out invitations all the way up to early April. I submitted a couple of days before the deadline and haven't heard a thing.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V38
GPA: 3.41
WE: Brand Management (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2012, 06:36
I applied R2 and got an invite yesterday- for the summer start program. It's for people who have been out of school for a long time or who have low quant skills and high soft skills.
I was surprised and pleased to get an invite so late in the game.
I guess there is still hope! Best of luck to everyone who is waiting. I am so anxious to get this process over with.

Intern
Intern

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2012, 10:05
Hi, I had my interview at Stern and I would like to share my insight. Te interview itself was very interesting, very professional I must say. I prefer not to talk about my interviewer out of respect.

I was feeling very tired and I am not that sure how it went. I am feeling very nervous not knowing if I actually reflected my true passion for the school. On the other hand, I liked the idea that they actually know your application. This translates in a very personalized interview. All of you who are still waiting or have not yet interviewed remember to be consistent. Sounds obvious, but there are many questions that might make you contradict yourself.

The campus itself is just perfect, the best place in New York City. People are really nice as well. It is not just pure marketing. People are very helpful, down-to-earth and engaged. I knew it was a great MBA program and now that I was actually there and met with many students, I am sure.

As an advice, prepare yourself for the traditional questions but know that every interview is going to be unique and based on your application.

Best of luck

Intern
Intern

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2012, 13:21
this question is for anyone who has gotten a final result. How long after your interview did you hear if you got in or not?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2012, 15:44
2012nyumba wrote:
this question is for anyone who has gotten a final result. How long after your interview did you hear if you got in or not?

They say you'll get an answer within three weeks, but stats show that it usually takes two to hear back from them.

I'm in the first week and I am so anxious!
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2012, 19:50
[quote="anneb"]I applied R2 and got an invite yesterday- for the summer start program. It's for people who have been out of school for a long time or who have low quant skills and high soft skills.
I guess there is still hope! Best of luck to everyone who is waiting. I am so anxious to get this process over with.

Posted from my mobile device [img]/quote]

Do you mind sharing your work experience?
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2012, 11:25
its now been more than 3 weeks for me since i interviewed and still nothing..is this a bad sign?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.69
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 14

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2012, 11:44
Did you have your transcripts with you when you interviewed? If so, and it has been more than 3 weeks since you interviewed it might be worth a call just to check up and make sure everything is alright. As long as you don't call demanding a decision, I can't imagine that it would reflect poorly on you since they did promise a decision within 3 weeks.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V38
GPA: 3.41
WE: Brand Management (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2012, 12:41
BHead wrote:
anneb wrote:
I applied R2 and got an invite yesterday- for the summer start program. It's for people who have been out of school for a long time or who have low quant skills and high soft skills.

Posted from my mobile device [img]/quote]

Do you mind sharing your work experience?

Hi BHead-

I work for a small high end fashion shoe company- running all their retail and marketing operations, involving some domestic and int'l travel. I've been there 5 years and was a fashion buyer in SF for 3 years prior to that. I studied architecture for undergrad at UC Berkeley.

Intern
Intern

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2012, 14:57
Congrats on the interview! Best of luck.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 2

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2012, 12:46
I just got the admit email from NYU!!!!

Interviewed 2/25
Admitted 3/8

Suuuppppeer excited, now I just need to figure out how I'm going to pay for it..
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V45
GPA: 3.1
WE: Other (Venture Capital)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2012, 12:55
I also just got admitted to Stern. Exciting times. Same interview/admit dates as Treydingo. Hoping to win a scholarship or the Powerball or something now.
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2012, 15:34
Still waiting for an interview.... not sure what to think at this point.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2012, 02:36
zigster29 wrote:
allaboutmimi13 wrote:
zigster29 wrote:
Soooo...is it time to start panicking yet? Has anyone figured out how the decisions are rendered? It doesn't seem to be rolling as people who submitted 30 minutes before deadline have found out while others who submitted days before have yet to...

I submitted morning of but...alas...nothing...

My quickie profile: 720 GMAT / 3.6 GPA (from a top Canadian university)...background can be seen on my essay3 I guess :) ... youtube search: the many pieces of me (stern essay 3)

So nice to hear from a fellow Canadian!!! I live in Vancouver (home of the best hockey team in the world....)

I really loved your video - it seems like you have a lot to offer the Stern community. I know it's not any fun playing the waiting game, but I think alot about this timing is random. I received my interview invite on February 1st (R2 applicant - submitted on Jan 9), but many of my friends have not heard anything yet, so you're not alone.

Let us know as soon as you hear anything - I would love to be around another Canadian this fall!

Haha thanks for the kind words! I'm going to completely ignore the stuff in brackets. I'm pretty sure you have a virus :P.

Yea it would be awesome to have some Canadian pride repped at Stern! Here's to hoping I hear back with a positive response.

Got the interview invite! Going on the 20th
Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 09 Mar 2012, 02:36