Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 17:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
UCLA Thread Master
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 76

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 08:00
Just submitted Rd1 Consortium as of last night w/ NYU as my first choice.

Good luck all
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE: General Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 10

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 09:01
Submitted my app last night. What's the earliest that anyone has submitted? Hoping I didn't submit too terribly late in the game.
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Marketing (Other)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 24

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 09:06
KPrizzle wrote:
Submitted my app last night. What's the earliest that anyone has submitted? Hoping I didn't submit too terribly late in the game.

They don't start reviewing till after the first deadline anyway. That too in random order.

Kidchaos

http://www.laptopskinvault.com

Follow The Laptop Skin Vault on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheLaptopSkinVault
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/LaptopSkinVault

Consider Kudos if you think the Post is good
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to change. It's not. - Dr. Seuss

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 141

Kudos [?]: 463 [0], given: 523

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 12:50
Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: 11/15/2011 2:37:00 PM EST

Follow me, if you find my explanations useful.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q43 V50
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 08:31
It's a hellishly long wait for NYU to start releasing interview invites! Not only is their deadline 4 or 5 weeks after most other top schools but they take 3 months to turn around interview invites rather than 6 weeks!

That has to be a part of why their yield is so low - by the time they get a decision out to people some schools will have issued round 2 decisions!

I assume they must release interviews during that period and we don't all have to wait til Jan or Feb before we hear anything at all from them?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
GPA: 3.72
Followers: 0

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 08:40
kickinback wrote:
I assume they must release interviews during that period and we don't all have to wait til Jan or Feb before we hear anything at all from them?

When I went to campus I specifically asked a member of the AdCom that question and they said that most, if not all, interview decisions will come out on February 15. There is a slight chance that you can hear before then, but not likely. She also said (because I asked her what to do if we have to make decisions about other programs before the February 15 date) that if you do have other looming deadlines to call and let them know, but they can't make any promises that they will get to make an interview decision before then. Very annoying it's so late.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 09:12
jessikins231 wrote:
kickinback wrote:

When I went to campus I specifically asked a member of the AdCom that question and they said that most, if not all, interview decisions will come out on February 15. There is a slight chance that you can hear before then, but not likely. She also said (because I asked her what to do if we have to make decisions about other programs before the February 15 date) that if you do have other looming deadlines to call and let them know, but they can't make any promises that they will get to make an interview decision before then. Very annoying it's so late.

I think that late interview invites and decision releases are made intentionally to attract only most commited people.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
GPA: 3.72

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 15:00
PTK wrote:
jessikins231 wrote:
kickinback wrote:

I think that late interview invites and decision releases are made intentionally to attract only most commited people.

Oh, I agree, but I'm also not going to turn down another program that gives me an offer just for the possibility that I get an interview from Stern, not even an offer of admission. Makes it difficult.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 20:32
Well in this case yup will withdraw your application and This will not affect the school's yield rate.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q V
GMAT 2: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE: Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2011, 14:58
i can't believe how slow the activity is on this thread...i thought a lot of people would want to apply to stern. i thought it'd pick up when the deadline approached but still so quiet...

well, anyways...i got a notification this morning that they've received my application and it's being presented to the adcom for review. my supplemental materials that i mailed in were delivered yesterday.

Help advise me on where to matriculate! help-booth-vs-stern-vs-ross-129563.html

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE: General Management (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 10

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2011, 15:03
chynaxdawl wrote:
i can't believe how slow the activity is on this thread...i thought a lot of people would want to apply to stern. i thought it'd pick up when the deadline approached but still so quiet...

well, anyways...i got a notification this morning that they've received my application and it's being presented to the adcom for review. my supplemental materials that i mailed in were delivered yesterday.

When did you submit? Just wondering how long it takes after submission.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q V
GMAT 2: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE: Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2011, 15:12
i mailed my essay 3 files saturday (11/12) and they were received yesterday (11/17), but i completed my online application on 11/12.

Help advise me on where to matriculate! help-booth-vs-stern-vs-ross-129563.html

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2011, 20:16
I also got an email today that my application materials were received. I submitted the day before the deadline.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Schools: Stern '13 (M)

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2011, 11:37
kickinback wrote:
It's a hellishly long wait for NYU to start releasing interview invites! Not only is their deadline 4 or 5 weeks after most other top schools but they take 3 months to turn around interview invites rather than 6 weeks!

That has to be a part of why their yield is so low - by the time they get a decision out to people some schools will have issued round 2 decisions!

Stern will start sending out interview invites around mid-december and roll them continuously up to the deadline as they review applications. If you check last years spreadsheet you will see quite a few interview invites went out before January. Look at it this way, at most schools you interview then wait another 6 weeks for a decision, Stern usually gets back to you a few weeks after the interview. I would not worry about having to make a decision early, unless you applied to Tuck EA or something most schools will not require a deposit until at least march.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

Reviews Badge
Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2011, 09:01
I'm getting a little worried. I FedEx overnighted Essay #3 the night before (confirmed that it would be delivered on the 15th), yet I haven't heard anything back yet- no e-mail. Should I give the admissions office a quick ring or just wait?
Current Student
Schools: Stern '13 (M)

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2011, 10:50
PaulAllen wrote:
I'm getting a little worried. I FedEx overnighted Essay #3 the night before (confirmed that it would be delivered on the 15th), yet I haven't heard anything back yet- no e-mail. Should I give the admissions office a quick ring or just wait?

Give them 2 to 3 weeks before you call them especially since you sent in essay 3. Things are kind of dead here right now so I imagine not much is going to get done this week. Takes them some time to get all the stuff sent in sorted, matched with the right application, and review the application for completeness. I seem to remember someone last year had to wait for around 3 weeks before he got his complete notice and considering this week is pretty much dead because of thanksgiving I would at the very least wait until the end of next week.

-J
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q43 V50
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Investment Banking)

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2011, 08:43
I received an email earlier today saying that Stern had received my application materials. So nothing to do now but wait. And wait. And wait...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2011, 09:36
Applied ..now long wait
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2011, 12:38
Hello guys and experts here!

I agree with people here that this long wait is really more than nailbiting and sleepless nights..!!especially if its one's dream bschool! While just as curious as others,I wanted to share my profile.Please express your opinion on what you think are my chances!

Profile:26yrs/male/Indian/entrepreneur
Work exp:Total eight years in a start up pharma company and family business.(worked full time while attending college)
Undergrad:Bachelor of commerce.(68.5 %)
Gmat score:700(q49 v37)
E/c:Decent

Applied and dinged without interview in 3rd round last year.So,applied again for fall' 12 in round 1.I had the chance to write the goals and reapp essay only and those too were good but not stellar.
Dinged this year at Harvard,Wharton and Booth without inerview.
Also applied to other top tier schools UCLA,Emory and Kellogg(awaiting decision).
Accepted to Simon for the Jan'12 intake but I deferred it.

Given the huge competition and the acceptence rate,especially for stern,and my obvious profile,do you think that I have even a slight chance.?for an interview invite atleast?

Please suggest and thanks a ton for your views in advance!!!Cheers!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 1

Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2011, 07:51
Am I supposed to receive an email from Stern confirming that they've received my essay #3 and matched it to the rest of my application?
Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 28 Nov 2011, 07:51