Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 06:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
WE 1: 4 yrs
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 07:14
petervella wrote:
Did anyone else get a Christmas card from admissions?

I did!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 04:58
avbhagav wrote:
Admitted!!!!

GMAT - 750 GPA-3.6 WE 4

Can anyone let me know if scholarships are awarded along with the admit or later?

I received my financial package later that day unofficially thru an email and received an official letter about a week later.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 05:01
gadean18 wrote:
avbhagav wrote:
Admitted!!!!

GMAT - 750 GPA-3.6 WE 4

Can anyone let me know if scholarships are awarded along with the admit or later?

I received my financial package later that day unofficially thru an email and received an official letter about a week later.

Thanks!!! I too got my package thru email :-D
Manager
Manager
Status: 99% people must have tried giving 'kudos' to oneself !!!! forget the 1% ...pathetic !
Schools: Anderson (D), McDonough(A with aid), Fisher(A with aid), Carlson(A), Babson(A with aid), Foster(A with aid), GWU (A)& Carroll(Admit with aid)
Followers: 2

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:07
received an interview invite...R2 applicant....going to schedule it asap !
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Supply chain management - 1 yr
WE 2: Supply chain management - 1.2 yrs currently

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:23
hi everyone....i interviewed with adcom last week over the phone....waiting for some gud news
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2010, 13:01
adityakajaria wrote:
hi everyone....i interviewed with adcom last week over the phone....waiting for some gud news

When did you apply? I submitted my app on 15th, haven't received any invite to interview yet.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2010, 13:01
garuda wrote:

When did you apply? I submitted my app on 15th, haven't received any invite to interview yet.
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Supply chain management - 1 yr
WE 2: Supply chain management - 1.2 yrs currently

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2010, 00:47
nets wrote:
adityakajaria wrote:

I am a round 1 applicant and had submitted my application on 25th of october.
Manager
Manager
Status: 99% people must have tried giving 'kudos' to oneself !!!! forget the 1% ...pathetic !
Schools: Anderson (D), McDonough(A with aid), Fisher(A with aid), Carlson(A), Babson(A with aid), Foster(A with aid), GWU (A)& Carroll(Admit with aid)

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 03:48
nets wrote:
garuda wrote:

well...i submitted my app. just after round 1 deadline....more like a week or two after R1 deadline....and then i got an email that my app would be considered on a rolling basis and that they will not wait till R2 deadline....that could be one reason for an invite at this time....i have scheduled my interview in jan first week...

i came to know thru one of my friend about another applicant to fisher who submitted for R1 and got interviewed (telephonic) and is ....err...getting interviewed again in person in mid jan with an adcom member.....so i am pretty unsure of how it goes...

as for me it is a telephonic interview.....btw...i even saw interview slots during holiday season....i guess that means...they have their office open or something....not so sure whether they are reviewing apps as of now....but i am quite sure they are conducting interviews during the last week of december....

all the best....and keep me posted
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2011, 13:39
done with my interview....was done by a second year mba student....

went really welll.....the interviewer had loads of patience and the interview was very conversational....

no oddball of a question.....i guess there was an emphasis on questions related to team work and team skills...

some of the questions that i can recollect :

a) why mba ? and why now ?
b) questions about ethical dilemma !
c) weaknesses and how you addressed it.
d) team experience..a lot was asked about preferred teammates and my action related to an noncontributing teammate .
e) why fisher ?

others were simple and easy stuffs...the best part was the manner in which the interviewer was drawing parallels to my answers and giving a nice insight about the program and what it had to offer....and also about the local business community....and what all i can expect from the course....

in all it was quite a smooth interview.....now its time to cross my fingers and await the results !!!

PS : did others also get interviewed by a MBA student ??
Manager
Manager
WE 1: 2 yrs - Oilfield Service
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2011, 09:50
Accepted :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: MIT Sloan, Michigan Ross, CMU Tepper, UT Austin - McCombs. OSU Fisher.
WE 1: 8 yrs

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 06:02
wait-listed....... :-(

has anybody on the wait-list received further communication ..??? They say 6-8 weeks.... :!:
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 15:38
AbhayPrasanna wrote:

when did u get the email ? and i guess you applied in round 1 ?

***anxious for the email***
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 19:03
AbhayPrasanna wrote:

can you please share your i/v experience?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 19:04
kc1907 wrote:
wait-listed....... :-(

has anybody on the wait-list received further communication ..??? They say 6-8 weeks.... :!:

best of luck for w/l buddy. can you please share your i/v experience?
Manager
Manager
WE 1: 2 yrs - Oilfield Service
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 19:50
I got the email on the 13th. I had a phone interview in mid-December which went quite smoothly. About 45 minutes long, resume based with questions focusing on team and leadership experience. I was then invited for a personal interview which I attended last week. This was shorter and was a more personal conversation with the adcom member.

Good luck to everyone else and I hope to see you at Fisher in Fall :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: MIT Sloan, Michigan Ross, CMU Tepper, UT Austin - McCombs. OSU Fisher.
WE 1: 8 yrs

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 21:12
AbhayPrasanna wrote:
I got the email on the 13th. I had a phone interview in mid-December which went quite smoothly. About 45 minutes long, resume based with questions focusing on team and leadership experience. I was then invited for a personal interview which I attended last week. This was shorter and was a more personal conversation with the adcom member.

Well I went through a similar process. A skype interview mid December followed by a personal interview on 9th in Mumbai. My take was that my interview was quite decent. As per the responses on forums I think quite a few people have been wait-listed. Also Indian students who have received an admit are actually in a 720 + GMAT score range. Thats my understanding..
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2011, 03:49
kc1907 wrote:
AbhayPrasanna wrote:

Well I went through a similar process. A skype interview mid December followed by a personal interview on 9th in Mumbai. My take was that my interview was quite decent. As per the responses on forums I think quite a few people have been wait-listed. Also Indian students who have received an admit are actually in a 720 + GMAT score range. Thats my understanding..

oh 720 + in GMAT ! is that so ? then i dont think i have much of a chance.....and i was also not invited for the second interview done in india....had only a single telephonic interview done.....nothing else.....so lets see.....lets see...
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2011, 15:34
garuda wrote:
kc1907 wrote:
AbhayPrasanna wrote:

oh 720 + in GMAT ! is that so ? then i dont think i have much of a chance.....and i was also not invited for the second interview done in india....had only a single telephonic interview done.....nothing else.....so lets see.....lets see...

to update - i just finished my second interview today...was a skype interview....went well....nothing great...the usual questions...why mba ? why ohio ? talk about your career etc etc....was shorter than the first interview....

they said i should know the result in a three to four days....will keep u guys posted....best of luck to others awaiting replies and invites !
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2011, 11:08
just received the email....got in ! yet to receive the official letter !
Re: Calling all Ohio State University Fisher 2011 applicants   [#permalink] 08 Feb 2011, 11:08