Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Waitlisted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V32
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Ding... : /

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3793 [0]
Given Kudos: 412
GMAT 1: 530 Q47 V17
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Im Waitlisted.

Any International Admitted in R2?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [4]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Kudos
The Vanderbilt University Owen Graduate School of Management jumps 5 spots in the USNWR rankings. Owen is now ranked #22.

https://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... int=9dc208

Anchor Down!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
teleste wrote:
The Vanderbilt University Owen Graduate School of Management jumps 5 spots in the USNWR rankings. Owen is now ranked #22.

https://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... int=9dc208

Anchor Down!

Anchor down!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Anyone know how scholarships work? My caller didn't mention anything, but he had to leave a VM. Does it show on portal anywhere if you've been awarded money?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 4: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 5: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
thomasdodsonian wrote:
Anyone know how scholarships work? My caller didn't mention anything, but he had to leave a VM. Does it show on portal anywhere if you've been awarded money?

My scholarship info is mentioned in the admission letter (page 2 or 3 probably). And my admission letter is sent to me via mail as wel as uploaded to the admission portal.

Btw, I don't understand what a VM is :), but the woman who called me to inform the offer told me about the scholarship as well.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Send PM
thomasdodsonian wrote:

It will be in your official offer letter
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GPA: 3.35
WE:Analyst (Retail)
Send PM
I have a tricky decision.. between olin (wash u) and and owen both with the same amount of money... any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
WE:Accounting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Lafayette88 wrote:
I have a tricky decision.. between olin (wash u) and and owen both with the same amount of money... any thoughts?

If financing is equal for you and both schools are rated pretty much equally, I think a good place to start with trying to decide would be to look at the career reports for each school. If you know what career you want to end up in, it would be good to compare the starting salary, bonus, and placement from each school.

Also, I think if all else is equal, ultimately you just have to go with what school "fits" you better? Where would you rather live, which campus visit made you feel like it was a place you could see yourself, etc.

I chose Vandy over Olin, so I might be a little partial; however, ultimately both are great programs and you just have to start digging deeper past financials and rank since both are comparable.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Lafayette88 wrote:

If you like both schools equally in terms of fit and salary data, it comes down to whether you want to spend 2 years in Nashville or 2 years in St. Louis and whether you want a lifelong alumni base primarily in the Southeast or primarily in the Midwest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Send PM
This may be the wrong place for this inquiry, and I apologize ahead of time. I mentioned a few posts above I was waitlisted (R2 applicant). Vanderbilt was my top choice this year (tied with emory but dinged), and I have received another update letter regarding my waitlist. The original waitlist has a firm stance "don't contact us, we'll contact you". The second stated that if I have any updates regarding test scores or work experience/awards to please send a detailed message to admissions. I am not taking the gmat again, for better or worse, I had a 210 point increase and am very happy with that, even though it may have hurt my chances a bit. So that leaves me with the work experience/awards. I have not received any awards since applying, but there were some minor awards I did not include in my original application. Anyone have any input on my dilemma? I know I'm throwing a lot out there, but like I said, Vanderbilt was my top choice and the fact that I'm getting a small opportunity I'd like some help on what to do next. Thank you!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [1]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Kudos
atl12688 wrote:
The second stated that if I have any updates regarding test scores or work experience/awards to please send a detailed message to admissions. I am not taking the gmat again, for better or worse, I had a 210 point increase and am very happy with that, even though it may have hurt my chances a bit.

The GMAT is the one area of your application where you have the ability to significantly improve your candidacy. It is also a critical component that the school is evaluated on so an improved score can go a really long way. Even though it is a royal pain in the neck, and you seem pretty dead set against another go at the GMAT, if you think you can squeeze out an improved score, it might be worth taking again.

atl12688 wrote:
So that leaves me with the work experience/awards. I have not received any awards since applying, but there were some minor awards I did not include in my original application.

If you have minor awards to mention that you did not previously outline in your application, I would definitely use them as an excuse to send an update to the admissions committee. You could use the letter/essay/email as an opportunity to slip in a few words about why Vanderbilt is your number one choice and explain that you would be committed to attend if admitted (but ONLY say this if it is really TRUE).

I hope this helps a little.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So I'm trying to log on to welcometoowen.com but I need a username / password. I never got one or set one up, nor does the one I use to access my application work. Where do you get this?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
teleste wrote:
atl12688 wrote:
The second stated that if I have any updates regarding test scores or work experience/awards to please send a detailed message to admissions. I am not taking the gmat again, for better or worse, I had a 210 point increase and am very happy with that, even though it may have hurt my chances a bit.

The GMAT is the one area of your application where you have the ability to significantly improve your candidacy. It is also a critical component that the school is evaluated on so an improved score can go a really long way. Even though it is a royal pain in the neck, and you seem pretty dead set against another go at the GMAT, if you think you can squeeze out an improved score, it might be worth taking again.

atl12688 wrote:
So that leaves me with the work experience/awards. I have not received any awards since applying, but there were some minor awards I did not include in my original application.

If you have minor awards to mention that you did not previously outline in your application, I would definitely use them as an excuse to send an update to the admissions committee. You could use the letter/essay/email as an opportunity to slip in a few words about why Vanderbilt is your number one choice and explain that you would be committed to attend if admitted (but ONLY say this if it is really TRUE).

I hope this helps a little.

Good luck!

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thomasdodsonian wrote:
So I'm trying to log on to welcometoowen.com but I need a username / password. I never got one or set one up, nor does the one I use to access my application work. Where do you get this?

The Admissions team can/will send it to you once you have been accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hmm I've been accepted and received my package in the mail even...guess I should reach out?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts