Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 01:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Ross 2010 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 368
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 45

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 10:48
milias wrote:
Not a huge fan of background checks. Not that I have anything to hide; it's just that I don't like it when someone does a background check on me. Feels weird. But I guess in today's society, it's unavoidable.


I hear you, milias. Personally, I'll need to apply for a study permit (which I presume is contingent upon securing loans, completing b/g checks, etc), so I'm in a limbo as to when to even quit my job, nevermind make travel plans, etc. Does anyone have any idea how long that whole process might take? Is there anything about that in the binder?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jan 2010
Posts: 122
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 11:02
Unless I seriously missed something, I didn't have to do a background check and I'm enrolled. The only thing they wanted from me was for every school I've attended (including extension schools) to send official transcripts to Ross directly. I haven't been contacted for anything from Kroll as of yet and it certainly wasn't in my acceptance package.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 124
Schools: Ross Class of 2012
WE 1: Consumer Goods / IT
WE 2: Retail / Logistics
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 12:13
anu1979 wrote:
Unless I seriously missed something, I didn't have to do a background check and I'm enrolled. The only thing they wanted from me was for every school I've attended (including extension schools) to send official transcripts to Ross directly. I haven't been contacted for anything from Kroll as of yet and it certainly wasn't in my acceptance package.


Have you paid the $1500?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jan 2010
Posts: 122
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 13:48
Yes, I paid the deposit.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 07:32
Did anyone from R1 waitlist get an update from Ross?

I am still waiting - the last I heard they evaluate candidates at the end of each round. Should we expect to hear back from the adcom soon?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 55
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 08:24
radicalchange wrote:
Did anyone from R1 waitlist get an update from Ross?

I am still waiting - the last I heard they evaluate candidates at the end of each round. Should we expect to hear back from the adcom soon?


Hi there radicalchange, I'm a R1 waitlist too. You heard it right. R3 decision is due May 15.
I attended a chat with Ross ad-com yesterday on accepted.com (hope you did too).
It was made clear that R1 applicants can hear anytime till May-june(if international) and may be even later(if you are from the States). Apparently they are already re-evaluating some R1 waitlists. A couple of ppl on the Waitlist google group have reported denials in the past 2 days.
_________________

Cheers
-D-
http://mymaidenjourney.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 09:06
Thanks dreamer!

Good luck to us both! :-D
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 685
Schools: Ross 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 11:30
Well, this is interesting. I just got an email from UPS saying that something's on the way of being delivered to me, but I'm not really expecting anything in the mail except my admit package. Could this be it? For Invoice Number, it says UOM. Does that stand for University of Michigan? If it is indeed the admit package, UPS is going to make it a bit hard, because they require a signature. But I'm going to be working on the day of expected delivery. I think they leave a note or something if you're not home, right? Maybe there's a box on there I can check off that waives the signature requirement? It would suck if I have to take the day off or pick up the package from the UPS processing center or something. Any ideas?
_________________

Respect my Authoritaaah!

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 368
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 45

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 11:46
Yeah, that's got to be it. I got that email too and so did GoBruins. Weird that the package is coming from Source One Distribution. Maybe they outsourced all the package mailing.

I don't believe you can waive the sig requirement. UPS will probably leave a note on your door saying that they will either reattempt delivery or that you can go pick up your package after a certain time at your nearest UPS store.

Last edited by ariel on 19 Mar 2010, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 11:47
i got that too...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Jan 2010
Posts: 45
Schools: Kellogg, Ross, Stern-withdrew, Fuqua
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 11:49
I and another friend of mine, received the same email.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 685
Schools: Ross 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 11:55
ariel wrote:
I don't believe you can waive the sig requirement. UPS will probably leave a note on your door saying that they will either reattempt delivery or that you can go pick up your package after a certain time at your nearest UPS store.


Doh! That sucks. UPS = fail.

I don't want to take the day off, b/c that means losing a day's worth of pay, since I'm leaving at the end of May, and I'm using vacation time to extend my official last day into June.
_________________

Respect my Authoritaaah!

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 652
Schools: Duke 2012
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 16

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 11:58
About UPS, when I received my admit call, she told me signature was required and I said, that's fine, I'll just go pick it up at the distribution center and she told me I couldn't do that, that it was set up to send it back if they couldn't get a signature...hopefully that's not the case.
_________________

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." - Frank Leahy

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 368
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 45

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 12:02
highhopes wrote:
About UPS, when I received my admit call, she told me signature was required and I said, that's fine, I'll just go pick it up at the distribution center and she told me I couldn't do that, that it was set up to send it back if they couldn't get a signature...hopefully that's not the case.


That sounds pretty hardcore. I really hope that's not the case here.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 685
Schools: Ross 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 12:07
highhopes wrote:
About UPS, when I received my admit call, she told me signature was required and I said, that's fine, I'll just go pick it up at the distribution center and she told me I couldn't do that, that it was set up to send it back if they couldn't get a signature...hopefully that's not the case.


Doh! Meh. USPS is much easier. This is one time I'll give Uncle Sam credit for doing something better than the private sector.
_________________

Respect my Authoritaaah!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Affiliations: Alpha Phi Omega, Golden Key, Phi Kappa Phi
Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Posts: 68
Location: Adelphi, MD
Schools: Ross (CGSM), Maryland, Columbia, CGSM: Stern, Darden, Cornell
WE 1: Software/Product Dev (3 yrs)
WE 2: Patent Drafting/Prosecution (1 yr)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 12:17
I was actually told to expect this email by the person who called me with admissions info. Glad to finally know when the package is going to arrive. Oh, and he did mention that the shipping was outsourced, so good catch ariel! He also did mention the signature requirement and asked me to provide a mailing address where I could be sure someone would be available to sign for it. Fortunately for me, I can work from home next Tuesday, but I'd be shocked if they (UPS) wouldn't at least leave a note and try again the next day!
_________________

I'm officially a Terperine!

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 221
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 22

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 18:44
Check your UPS distribution center's hours. Most of them are open until at least 7 and often on Saturdays, so you should be able to get it without missing work.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2010
Posts: 47
Schools: HBS (R2), Ross (R2)
WE 1: 3.5 yrs sales & project mgmt at financial services firm
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2010, 15:46
1
This post received
KUDOS
idcandy wrote:
He also did mention the signature requirement and asked me to provide a mailing address where I could be sure someone would be available to sign for it.


I've been anguished by this requirement for as long as I've been living in my current townhouse. UPS sucks so bad about this that I wrote a letter to Amazon asking them to stop using UPS. Here's what I've been able to gather: if you live in a multi-unit housing type (like in a townhouse, condo, or apartment), UPS is always going to require a signature (though FedEx and USPS don't). If you live in a single-family detached house, it's likely the driver will be OK to leave a parcel without a signature UNLESS the sender paid extra to guarantee that it would be signed for upon receipt (I can't imagine Ross's literature vendor would pay extra for something like that).

I have to believe that you can always pick it up at the UPS distribution center regardless of whether the sender paid for the signature requirement; I've been to my local UPS distro many times, and it's never been a problem.

UPS makes 3 attempts at delivery before they send it back. If you need to pick it up at the distribution center, you'll need to request that they hold it there for you before the third attempt.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 685
Schools: Ross 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2010, 15:55
euxeno wrote:
idcandy wrote:
He also did mention the signature requirement and asked me to provide a mailing address where I could be sure someone would be available to sign for it.


I've been anguished by this requirement for as long as I've been living in my current townhouse. UPS sucks so bad about this that I wrote a letter to Amazon asking them to stop using UPS. Here's what I've been able to gather: if you live in a multi-unit housing type (like in a townhouse, condo, or apartment), UPS is always going to require a signature (though FedEx and USPS don't). If you live in a single-family detached house, it's likely the driver will be OK to leave a parcel without a signature UNLESS the sender paid extra to guarantee that it would be signed for upon receipt (I can't imagine Ross's literature vendor would pay extra for something like that).

I have to believe that you can always pick it up at the UPS distribution center regardless of whether the sender paid for the signature requirement; I've been to my local UPS distro many times, and it's never been a problem.

UPS makes 3 attempts at delivery before they send it back. If you need to pick it up at the distribution center, you'll need to request that they hold it there for you before the third attempt.


How did you find out where your local UPS distribution center is? I tried looking on their website, but haven't had any luck so far.
_________________

Respect my Authoritaaah!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2010
Posts: 47
Schools: HBS (R2), Ross (R2)
WE 1: 3.5 yrs sales & project mgmt at financial services firm
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2010, 16:15
1
This post received
KUDOS
milias wrote:
How did you find out where your local UPS distribution center is? I tried looking on their website, but haven't had any luck so far.


At UPS.com, select your country, click "Find Locations" on the navigation menu at the left, type in your Zip Code, and deselect all of the location types except "UPS Customer Center".
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants!   [#permalink] 20 Mar 2010, 16:15
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
195 Experts publish their posts in the topic Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants AN225 1692 13 Jul 2011, 00:58
332 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Ross 2011 applicants! lagsantiago 3678 10 May 2010, 06:59
15 Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! JimHuckle 371 15 Aug 2009, 14:35
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Ross 2010 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  81   82   83   84   85   86   87  ...  97    Next  [ 1928 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.