Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 02:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Ross 2010 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 12:29
bschoolq2 wrote:
if any R3 applications begin getting acceptance calls, i'd appreciate it if you'd post to let the rest of us know. thanks!

R3 applicant here. Received the 'decision notification' email yesterday evening. Feeling nervous. Anyways, goodluck to all R3 and WL folks.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 13:09
ravula wrote:
bschoolq2 wrote:
if any R3 applications begin getting acceptance calls, i'd appreciate it if you'd post to let the rest of us know. thanks!

R3 applicant here. Received the 'decision notification' email yesterday evening. Feeling nervous. Anyways, goodluck to all R3 and WL folks.

what did the email say? are they really going to be working on a saturday giving out decisions?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 13:22
tihor wrote:
ravula wrote:
bschoolq2 wrote:

what did the email say? are they really going to be working on a saturday giving out decisions?

It simply said that the decisions for the Full-time MBA program will be posted on Saturday, May 15, at 12:01 EST.
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 14:26
ravula wrote:
It simply said that the decisions for the Full-time MBA program will be posted on Saturday, May 15, at 12:01 EST.

I think they send that out in all rounds. I wouldn't read anything into it. Good luck!

Respect my Authoritaaah!

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 04:57
Ding. (R3 applicant)
Current Student

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 06:36
ravula wrote:
Ding. (R3 applicant)

Sorry to hear that. Round 3 is especially tough at most schools. Best of luck in your other endeavors.

Respect my Authoritaaah!

Current Student
Schools: Michigan 2012
WE 1: 2.5 Years - Deloitte

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 06:42
ravula wrote:
Ding. (R3 applicant)

email or did you check your status on wolverineaccess early?

What the mind can conceive, the mind can achieve and those who stay will be champions - Bo

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 06:45
gtanman15 wrote:
ravula wrote:
Ding. (R3 applicant)

Checked wolverineaccess last night. No email yet.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 07:06
ravula wrote:
gtanman15 wrote:
ravula wrote:
Ding. (R3 applicant)

Checked wolverineaccess last night. No email yet.

i'm sorry to hear about your ding and hope that you have other options that will make you happy.

i checked wolverineaccess and there is no "ADMISSIONS DECISION tab." where did you go to see the decision?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 10

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 07:12
i'm sorry to hear about your ding and hope that you have other options that will make you happy.

i checked wolverineaccess and there is no "ADMISSIONS DECISION tab." where did you go to see the decision?[/quote]

Within the "new and prospective business student tab"
choose "application status"
then choose "view decision"

Sorry to hear about the ding. Still WListed over here. Good luck R3s and Wls!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 07:16
I am also a R3 application and I don't have a "View Decision" tab. I'm surprised that Admissions would release some decisions before the stated notification date of 5/15 and not others.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 07:19
bigdre wrote:

i checked wolverineaccess and there is no "ADMISSIONS DECISION tab." where did you go to see the decision?

Within the "new and prospective business student tab"
choose "application status"
then choose "view decision"

Sorry to hear about the ding. Still WListed over here. Good luck R3s and Wls![/quote]

that should be it..."view decision" thats where i still see my r2 wait list verbiage...
Current Student

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 07:30
bschoolq2 wrote:
I am also a R3 application and I don't have a "View Decision" tab. I'm surprised that Admissions would release some decisions before the stated notification date of 5/15 and not others.

That is odd. My guess is all positive R3 calls would go out either today, tomorrow or both but that's pure speculation on my part based on the R2 process. I don't recall anyone having news online (positive or negative) in advance of the stated deadline in R2.
Current Student
Schools: Ross Class of 2012
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 20

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 07:34
bigdre wrote:
bschoolq2 wrote:

That is odd. My guess is all positive R3 calls would go out either today, tomorrow or both but that's pure speculation on my part based on the R2 process. I don't recall anyone having news online (positive or negative) in advance of the stated deadline in R2.

During R2 decisions were released prior to the official time of 12:01 (am) EST. We got them the afternoon before, but I believe everyone got them at once. I didn't even receive an email, but was subsequently WLed.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 07:41
ACNguy wrote:
bigdre wrote:
bschoolq2 wrote:

During R2 decisions were released prior to the official time of 12:01 (am) EST. We got them the afternoon before, but I believe everyone got them at once. I didn't even receive an email, but was subsequently WLed.

you're right, we did found out early, but all got decisions simultaneously.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 07:42
bschoolq2 wrote:

I wish that the "View Decision" tab that appeared in my application status is a glitch. Goodluck to you and others still waiting.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 09:55
ravula wrote:
bschoolq2 wrote:

I wish that the "View Decision" tab that appeared in my application status is a glitch. Goodluck to you and others still waiting.

bschoolq2:

After seeing your post, I called admissions and the lady confirmed that the decisions should not have been released ahead. But in my case, she claims it "could" be a early decision that went out. After the call, the "View Decision" tab disappeared on the status page. But I will stick with the worst case decision.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 10:03
ravula wrote:
ravula wrote:
bschoolq2 wrote:

bschoolq2:

After seeing your post, I called admissions and the lady confirmed that the decisions should not have been released ahead. But in my case, she claims it "could" be a early decision that went out. After the call, the "View Decision" tab disappeared on the status page. But I will stick with the worst case decision.

ravula:

did the lady mention anything else about the notification process? i.e. if you're accepted, will you get a call today or tomorrow? i'd like to know if i can ease up staring at my phone! hopefully your notification was a mistake.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Duke , Darden , Tuck , Ross
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 10:12
WLers from R1 and R2 - Do we also get to know about our chances by 15th? Apparently, in Tuck, the yield was so high that Tuck emailed all the WLers saying that they will not be taking any WL now. I wonder what the scene is at Ross..and how many applicants are still in WL.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 10:34
inTuna wrote:
WLers from R1 and R2 - Do we also get to know about our chances by 15th? Apparently, in Tuck, the yield was so high that Tuck emailed all the WLers saying that they will not be taking any WL now. I wonder what the scene is at Ross..and how many applicants are still in WL.

My understanding is that yield has been really high at Ross this year. I think Soojin mentioned/hinted in her most recent blog that the waitlist is going to be small this year, which I took to mean that there probably won't be too much movement.

Respect my Authoritaaah!

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants!   [#permalink] 13 May 2010, 10:34