Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 22:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Ross 2010 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 22

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 12:59
Hang in there you guys! Wishing you all the best of luck.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 00:55
srinallan wrote:
R3 applicant: Got the mail from Kelly last night. I am in. Now, the wait is on to know about $$$ if any? Does anyone know if R3 applicants do get any funding?

congrats! r3 admit being international (?) is a great accomplishment. what is your background?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 02:01
730 GMAT / 9 Y experience post graduation and 6 Y experience post Chartered Accountancy.
Entrepreneur / Banking experience including credit risk and derivatives / Internal Audit.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 08:30
srinallan, it's safe to say you're international?

still no calls for domestic R3 applicants?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Duke , Darden , Tuck , Ross
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 12:02
Any other responses/developments for WLers or R3 applicants?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 12:05
Just got my status updated. Still on the WL.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 12:10
WLappli wrote:

You got another email? What do you mean by just got it updated? I have been on the R2 WL, my status still shows the same thing...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 12:28
Quote:
tihor wrote:
WLappli wrote:

You got another email? What do you mean by just got it updated? I have been on the R2 WL, my status still shows the same thing...

I did not get an e-mail. I just checked and the WL message was slightly changed to only reference decisons over the summer and not 'subsequent rounds and over the summer' as it said before.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 12:32
Yeah - the waitlist message changed for me too.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 13:26
yup..same thing happened....this just sucks...so they did not admit any WL's at the R3 deadline uh....
at this point they should know what the class looks like...i wonder if people not on this forum/bw have heard anything...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 13:31
i applied R3 and haven't heard a thing. i'm assuming that = bad news when i log in to check my application status tomorrow morning at 9am pst. from what i've been reading about a ridiculously high yield for R1 & R2, i'm guessing they let in very few R3 people and none of them besides the one international candidate that posted above are on this forum. i'm very bummed as i would have submitted my deposit this weekend if i were admitted. sucks.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 13:37
bschoolq2 wrote:
i applied R3 and haven't heard a thing. i'm assuming that = bad news when i log in to check my application status tomorrow morning at 9am pst. from what i've been reading about a ridiculously high yield for R1 & R2, i'm guessing they let in very few R3 people and none of them besides the one international candidate that posted above are on this forum. i'm very bummed as i would have submitted my deposit this weekend if i were admitted. sucks.

Same here.. I have a good application and had a great interview but R3 seems to be a lost cause. I thought they release decisions 12:01 AM which would be 9:00 PM for us in california.. isnt it?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 13:41
This is from the email:

"This email is to notify you that the Ross School of Business will post your admissions decision for our Full-time MBA Program for the Fall 2010 admit term on Saturday, May 15, at 12:01 EST."

It doesn't really indicate am or pm but for some reason I was assuming it was noon EST. Now that you mention it, I will be checking tonight at 9pm pst! Most likely to be followed shortly thereafter by a tall glass of scotch. Thanks for the heads up.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 13:50
We got that same email for the previous rounds, too. Everyone got it, admitted or not, so don't read too much into it. And it is midnight, not noon.

I've decided to start at the School of Natural Resources, so that should free up one more spot at Ross! Don't worry, I'll still see you in core classes, etc....
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 13:54
bschoolq2 wrote:
This is from the email:

"This email is to notify you that the Ross School of Business will post your admissions decision for our Full-time MBA Program for the Fall 2010 admit term on Saturday, May 15, at 12:01 EST."

It doesn't really indicate am or pm but for some reason I was assuming it was noon EST. Now that you mention it, I will be checking tonight at 9pm pst! Most likely to be followed shortly thereafter by a tall glass of scotch. Thanks for the heads up.

Eitherway it will be followed by a tall one regardless... lol :) Now I need choose from my safe schools. Hind sight is 20/20 but I shld have applied earlier.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 14:04
conmisdosmanos wrote:
We got that same email for the previous rounds, too. Everyone got it, admitted or not, so don't read too much into it. And it is midnight, not noon.

I've decided to start at the School of Natural Resources, so that should free up one more spot at Ross! Don't worry, I'll still see you in core classes, etc....

Thanks, but didn't admitted students get phone calls before the notification date to inform them that they were accepted??? That's what I'm reading into...
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 14:10
bschoolq2 wrote:
conmisdosmanos wrote:

Thanks, but didn't admitted students get phone calls before the notification date to inform them that they were accepted??? That's what I'm reading into...

That's true, but from looking through other threads on this forum, it seems like the final rounds don't work quite the same way as the earlier rounds. Also, there are people who have been admitted who didn't receive calls. Anyway, my fingers are still crossed. It ain't over till it's over!
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 May 2010, 08:59
Wouldn't it be Better to start at Ross since you get better Internship opps

Posted from my mobile device Image

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Schools: Michigan 2012

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 10

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 May 2010, 10:33
New Soojin post. There is more but this is the WL relevant portion:

"On May 15, we admitted our Round 3 applicants. Over the next week or so, we will be admitting some applicants from our waitlist. Please note that we will notify you if there is a change in your status; no need to call or email our office to check on your status or provide additional information. Shortly after June 1, we will be reaching out to all applicants who are still on the waitlist to give you an update on our class. We appreciate everyone's patience during this time."

http://rossblogs.typepad.com/admissions/

Last edited by bigdre on 17 May 2010, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 May 2010, 10:36
Interesting..so they do have spots on waitlist and will now let them know a week or so...good luck all the WLers!
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants!   [#permalink] 17 May 2010, 10:36