Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 19:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Ross 2010 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 22

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2009, 07:49
I had my interview yesterday. No idea how well I did - they definitely don't give much feedback or judgment! My interviewer was really nice, though, and it was pleasant and conversational. Definitely not nerve-wracking. Pretty standard questions:

Walk me through your resume and career choices.
Specific questions based on resume - how did you make an impact at XYZ, etc.
What do you plan to do next?
Why do you need an MBA?
Why Ross?
Tell me about a time a team member wasn't performing up to par. What did you do?
Why do you think your team member was behaving that way?
Tell me about another experience successfully leading a team.
Any questions for me?

I'm worried that I rushed - the 1/2 hour constraint was stressing me out and I may have made some of my answers too brief.

I also did a visit - Ross is a great school and all the students have really made an impression on me. Everyone is incredibly friendly, helpful, and the atmosphere is the most collaborative I've seen. Really smart people, too. And Ann Arbor seems like a great town. So now I sit back and cross my fingers for the next 5 weeks....

And is it too late to be added to the roll call?
Intern
Intern
Schools: tuck, ross, stern, tepper
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2009, 10:10
Is this wait KILLING anyone else? I think this is the first time in my life I wished the holiday vacations didn't exisit! Can't the adcoms work through the holidays? It's only fair...
Current Student
Schools: Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 175 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2009, 20:14
aditi123 wrote:
where would u highlight what you can contribute to ross? They dont specifically ask for it and essay 1 doesnt give one enough space.
and what is the general view on the optional essay for ross? as it is open ended are people using it for positive spins also?

i used the open-ended to highlight community involvement since i wasn't able to do it elsewhere - so it was used for positive reasons

http://www.erb.umich.edu/
http://www.umsocialventure.com
post558169.html#558169 - a compilation of b-school interview questions
8-66345.html - my (detailed) gmat debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2009, 03:51
Hi All

Can any1 give me an idea of the % of applicants interviewed , what % of interviewd applicants get selected?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2009, 05:15
MarieLA wrote:
The Ross admissions blog posted this the other day:

12/01/2009
Round 1 Update
We are in the process of wrapping up our Round 1 decisions. All interview invitations have been extended (except for Consortium interviews; I'll get to that later). If you didn't receive an invitation to interview, it doesn't necessarily mean you will not be admitted. For some, it may mean that we'll reconsider interviewing you in Round 2 or 3.

Our goal is to wrap up Round 1 interviews by December 11 and spend the following weeks reviewing interview reports in concert with the application evaluations. Our office will be closed between Christmas and New Year's.

^
^
Will the admission officer notify any applicant in advance about the move to interview in Round 2 or 3? Thanks.
Current Student
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2009, 06:46
I had my Ross visit yesterday and the students were down to earth and friendly.The new building is amazing.Overall it was a positive experience.

I'm glad that I finally met 'Peaceyall'.
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2009, 09:31
If any one is coming to Ross to visit - I am happy to grab a cup of coffee and chat about the school and experiences. In addition, if you have any specific career interests, I can do my best to bring along a friend with that background or experience...

Feel free to email me at hydesam@umich.edu

Best of luck with apps!

~Sam
Current Student
Schools: Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2009, 14:12
Just finished my interview this afternoon. Was a phone interview, thankfully I had that option because my plans to visit Ann Arbor again were sabotaged by snow last night! I visited for an admissions event back in October so it wasn't as critical for me to visit this time around.

Very friendly interviewer and the 30 min time limit came very quickly. It was a little over 20 min of him asking me questions and 10 min of the opposite. Questions I remember:

-Tell me about yourself.
-Tell me about your role on a team.
-Tell me about a time when you had a professional failure and what did you learn from it.
-Tell me about a time when you received negative feedback from a supervisor and how did you respond.
-Tell me how you dealt with a team member who was underperforming.
-What 3 adjectives would your friends use to describe you and why?

He was pretty thorough and he seemed to open up with more subtle comments (all positive) towards the end of the interview, especially with the questions I asked him. I felt pretty good about it but now it's the waiting game. Best of luck to everyone else!

Detailed Profile with Interviews/Dings/Admits: Go Here

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 10:35
Hi All,

The wait is a very stressing time and I was wondering if someone knows what is the acceptance rate at Ross for those who have been interviewed?

Good luck to All!
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 12:14
Per BusinessWeek,

Number of Applicants: 2,697
Percentage of Applicants Interviewed: 55% (I think they aimed for 50% year, if I recall correctly)
Percentage of Students Accepted: 23%

So in my estimation I believe about 42% of interviewees are accepted. So its about 50/50 if you didn't blow the interview
Current Student
Schools: Duke R1, Cornell R2, Columbia RD, Darden R2 (withdrawn), Ross R2
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 15:52
unhedged wrote:
Per BusinessWeek,

Number of Applicants: 2,697
Percentage of Applicants Interviewed: 55% (I think they aimed for 50% year, if I recall correctly)
Percentage of Students Accepted: 23%

So in my estimation I believe about 42% of interviewees are accepted. So its about 50/50 if you didn't blow the interview

I would say it's more than 50/50 considering than people do blow the interview! :)
Manager
Manager
Schools: Stanford(R2), Haas(R1-WL), Kellog(R1 Accepted), MIT(R1-dinged), Ross(R1-WL but declined)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 19:16
add me to the R1 applicant pool.

I received an invite 11/17. awaiting decision.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2009, 10:01
supridip wrote:
MarieLA wrote:
The Ross admissions blog posted this the other day:

12/01/2009
Round 1 Update
We are in the process of wrapping up our Round 1 decisions. All interview invitations have been extended (except for Consortium interviews; I'll get to that later). If you didn't receive an invitation to interview, it doesn't necessarily mean you will not be admitted. For some, it may mean that we'll reconsider interviewing you in Round 2 or 3.

Our goal is to wrap up Round 1 interviews by December 11 and spend the following weeks reviewing interview reports in concert with the application evaluations. Our office will be closed between Christmas and New Year's.

^
^
Will the admission officer notify any applicant in advance about the move to interview in Round 2 or 3? Thanks.

I am not sure whether the admission officer will notify the applicant in advance that he / she will be interviewed in the next round or this confirmation will appear in the Ross's web on January 15, the decision date?

Thanks a lot.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2009, 11:00
I updated the roll call.Let me know if I missed something.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2009, 16:12
Class2012 wrote:
I updated the roll call.Let me know if I missed something.

Hi Class2012,

Sorry I am kind of new of this forum but I received an interview invite as well on 11/02 for the roll call page stats.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross, [colour=green]Kellogg[/colour], IESE, Cornell, Darden

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2009, 06:52
Hey,
+1 R1 applicant..
Interviewed for Ross 6/11 and Tauber 11/11..awaiting the result :?

Keep the dream alive, hit the snooze button!

Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2009, 10:10
Admin, can you change me from R1 to R2?

Respect my Authoritaaah!

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 07:49
does anyone have stats on scholarships that ross offers? is it similar or lower/higher than the $$$ other schools offeR? n when do they announce them?
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 12:51
Ahh mass mailer! Got an invite for Ross Coffee Chats.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 14:57
FYI from the admission blog...

12/16/2009
December Admissions Process Update

Happy Holidays! I thought I’d share where we are in the admissions process before taking a break for the holidays between December 24 and January 1 (the Admissions Office will be closed during that time).

Round 1 applicants: We have completed all Round 1 interviews. Decisions will be released on January 15th. We do try to share the good news with admitted students a couple days before the official decision notification. Calls and emails are not made in any particular order. For those placed on our waitlist, we’ll be taking another look at your application with the Round 2 applicant pool and update you if there is any change in your status by March 15. There is no need to send additional materials during this time. The exception to this rule is if you retake the GMAT. We will accept new scores until early February.

Round 2 applicants: I’m sure you already know that the deadline is January 5, 2010. We’ll begin inviting applicants for interviews in mid-January, with a goal of completing all interviews by mid-late February. Round 2 is always our biggest application round in terms of volume, so bear with us as we try to get through the reviews prior to interview invites. Keep in mind that interview invites are not made in any particular order, so don’t take that as a sign of how you stack up in our pool.
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants!   [#permalink] 16 Dec 2009, 14:57