Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Columbia Business School '13
 Q49  V44
GPA: 3.22
WE 1: Public Accounting (big firm)
WE 2: Public Accounting (small firm)
WE 3: Internet Startup
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
How important to attend the Ross's Go Blue ? For international student, that is not fun as you have to afford at least 2 K to pay for all travel and still later once decide to matriculate another 2K.

It seems like they almost finish calling.

Lets count: 20 mins to call or email each admitted student. On average they start the call from 12 pm until 5 pm so total is 15 students per day for each person. It seems like we receive call from 3 ladies, so total call, email per day is 45. So for 5 days this week we have total 225 admitted student this round. Thats, I think, the upper bound.

Cheer,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I think the GBR's value is in meeting fellow students and finding housing, not the info sessions.

I'm doing a dual so I've been here for the past year working on the other degree, and I'd recommend securing housing fast. Decent housing with good rents have already gone or will go soon. I started looking in June last year and had a really tough time finding housing that wasn't shady without paying a hefty premium.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:HBS (R2), Ross (R2)
 Q48  V46
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 3.5 yrs sales & project mgmt at financial services firm
Send PM
Kudos
milias wrote:
Where do the Ross students live? Somewhere close to campus?

I heard three apartment complexes mentioned: Woodbury Gardens, The Ponds at Georgetown, and Lake Village, though Woodbury seems to be the most popular. I think Woodbury is something like 1.5 miles south of the b-school building.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Michigan 2012
Send PM
Kudos
john2511 wrote:
How important to attend the Ross's Go Blue ? For international student, that is not fun as you have to afford at least 2 K to pay for all travel and still later once decide to matriculate another 2K.

It seems like they almost finish calling.

Lets count: 20 mins to call or email each admitted student. On average they start the call from 12 pm until 5 pm so total is 15 students per day for each person. It seems like we receive call from 3 ladies, so total call, email per day is 45. So for 5 days this week we have total 225 admitted student this round. Thats, I think, the upper bound.

Cheer,

Yeah, I think that's fairly optimistic. I have not given up all hope yet, but I'm sure close.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Consulting, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard, Chicago (Booth), Kellogg, Michigan (Ross)
 Q41  V36
GPA: 3.10
Send PM
Kudos
Sorry, just signed up to post on gmatclub. In at Ross on Monday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
GMAT 2: 700
WE 1: Private Equity
Send PM
Kudos
Don't give up! They'll be making calls until tomorrow :-)[/quote]

I would like to believe you, unfortunately I just dont think thats the case. Only 1 call yesterday and none today?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
GMAT 2: 700
WE 1: Private Equity
Send PM
Kudos
Mystik742 wrote:
mbachallenge wrote:
Anyone brave enough to call admissions and ask if all admit calls have gone out? I'm not...LOL!

I dare you lol. Seriously, you can make up a name, its not like they will recognize your voice, and I'm sure you wouldn't be the first to call with that question.

I read on another forum that someone did that yesterday and the answer was "All candidates will find out their decision on Monday".
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Kudos
Started a Admitted thread over in the business life. Called Woodbury garden, I'm definitely leaning there, dogs are 30 dollars a month. Also they have a 9 month contract, and the lady said that for MBA students they have special deals to deal with the summer internship.

Also got a email to join the googlegroup for Class of 2012. I don't think I'll join since I'm not a big fan of that stuff.

Have fun!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Duke R1, Cornell R2, Columbia RD, Darden R2 (withdrawn), Ross R2
GMAT 2: 720  Q47  V41
Send PM
Kudos
Ok, since to scholarship for me, I will go to Cornell with $$$!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Kudos
Applied Round 3, March 1st. Received interview invite today.

6WE Operations&Product Dev / 710 / Intl in US

Good luck to other Round 3 and WL applicants
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V46
Send PM
Kudos
idcandy wrote:
He also did mention the signature requirement and asked me to provide a mailing address where I could be sure someone would be available to sign for it.

I've been anguished by this requirement for as long as I've been living in my current townhouse. UPS sucks so bad about this that I wrote a letter to Amazon asking them to stop using UPS. Here's what I've been able to gather: if you live in a multi-unit housing type (like in a townhouse, condo, or apartment), UPS is always going to require a signature (though FedEx and USPS don't). If you live in a single-family detached house, it's likely the driver will be OK to leave a parcel without a signature UNLESS the sender paid extra to guarantee that it would be signed for upon receipt (I can't imagine Ross's literature vendor would pay extra for something like that).

I have to believe that you can always pick it up at the UPS distribution center regardless of whether the sender paid for the signature requirement; I've been to my local UPS distro many times, and it's never been a problem.

UPS makes 3 attempts at delivery before they send it back. If you need to pick it up at the distribution center, you'll need to request that they hold it there for you before the third attempt.
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V46
Send PM
Kudos
milias wrote:
How did you find out where your local UPS distribution center is? I tried looking on their website, but haven't had any luck so far.

At UPS.com, select your country, click "Find Locations" on the navigation menu at the left, type in your Zip Code, and deselect all of the location types except "UPS Customer Center".
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Kudos
milias wrote:
euxeno wrote:
milias wrote:
Well, I just accepted the offer and paid my deposit online today. I probably won't make it to the GBR, though.

Wow! Even before the info packet arrives?! What's the rush?

Peace of mind, I guess.

haha, I'm gonna pay also, but just leaving the money in to get more interest... (gotta switch back to college saving mode. That's 5 dollars of interest you can be getting!
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V46
Send PM
Kudos
Is it just me, or does the Ross Google Group seem too sterile? Maybe people are wanting to make good first impressions by not putting anything on the line (because it's not anonymous). I'm certainly not contributing a whole lot there b/c I fear being judged.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Kudos
conmisdosmanos wrote:
euxeno wrote:
Is it just me, or does the Ross Google Group seem too sterile? Maybe people are wanting to make good first impressions by not putting anything on the line (because it's not anonymous). I'm certainly not contributing a whole lot there b/c I fear being judged.

Definitely not just you. I like posting here a lot better. Hopefully once we get to campus we'll all stop trying so hard to impress each other! I'm also not really interested in people repeating their admissions essays for an introduction - I'd rather actually get to know you, thanks!

I think I was one of the only ones who didn't say what I did in my intro-I thought that was what the spreadsheet was for. So the first 100 person thread looks like investment banker, consultant, leper based non-profit, I went to debate camp at Michigan in 1994, y'all! (me), banker, consultant, limbless cat non-profit...

I like some of the threads the R2 admits started like "who's with me on not running" and "dancers unite" and such. But yeah, I'm definitely self-censoring and I'm likely to do so for the rest of business school, actually. I mean, things like "limbless cat non-profit" crack me up but I worry about hurting other people's feelings. I'm just kind of a glib person.

GoBruins, I'm debating over whether to ship my stuff or sell it right now. I don't have anything particularly nice or of value (bought my furniture when I was clerking). I may be up for it depending on what you get as a quote-my concern is that I'll probably be moving in at the very end of August, right before RLI-my parents said they'd come out with me to supervise people, so it's a matter of deciding whether I want to buy all new IKEA furniture and set it up on weekends or have my parents supervise people moving my old stuff in to the apartment. I don't know what's cheaper as of yet.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: social enterprise
Schools:University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Kudos
For you California kids - I moved from Oakland to Chicago a couple of years ago and put all my belongings on Amtrak. It cost about $100 to ship everything I own. Highly recommended.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Alpha Phi Omega, Golden Key, Phi Kappa Phi
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Product Development, Marketing, General Management in High Tech, (New) Media, Computer Entertainment
Schools:Ross (CGSM), Maryland, Columbia, CGSM: Stern, Darden, Cornell
 Q49  V41
GPA: 3.89
WE 1: Software/Product Dev (3 yrs)
WE 2: Patent Drafting/Prosecution (1 yr)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey, it was great meeting some of you at the event in DC tonight! If I end up choosing Ross, I know I will be in very good company.

And, as promised: Hot Tub Time Machine was awesome!!! :-D :-D :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts