Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 18:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Posts: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2012, 17:27
RayGT wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm in DC and I haven't got my admissions binder yet. Does everybody get yours?

Thanks!

I heard that they started sending only at the end of last week so we'll be getting our package next week at the latest^^

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 05:23
taffy97 wrote:
RayGT wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm in DC and I haven't got my admissions binder yet. Does everybody get yours?

Thanks!

I heard that they started sending only at the end of last week so we'll be getting our package next week at the latest^^

Posted from my mobile device Image


Thank you very much!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Applying
Joined: 18 Jul 2009
Posts: 158
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 03:37
Hey Guys!

Any updates on whether Ross is offering Non co-signor loan yet?

I have an admit from UNC with some scholarship while I am waitlisted at Ross in R2. But do not have a US co-signor so will need the non-co-signor loan from Ross to attend.

Any views comments on how to proceed will be highly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 184
Location: United States (MI)
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 40

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 04:57
AshForGMAT wrote:
Hey Guys!

Any updates on whether Ross is offering Non co-signor loan yet?

I have an admit from UNC with some scholarship while I am waitlisted at Ross in R2. But do not have a US co-signor so will need the non-co-signor loan from Ross to attend.

Any views comments on how to proceed will be highly appreciated!!

Thanks!

No loans w/o co-signers right now.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Posts: 84
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 5

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 06:12
AshForGMAT wrote:
Hey Guys!

Any updates on whether Ross is offering Non co-signor loan yet?

I have an admit from UNC with some scholarship while I am waitlisted at Ross in R2. But do not have a US co-signor so will need the non-co-signor loan from Ross to attend.

Any views comments on how to proceed will be highly appreciated!!


Thanks!


The adcom have told us in no uncertain terms that there will be no non us cosigner loans.
I think yield for international students will be horrendous, so the ironic thing is you will prob get off the WL but have no way to finance.
I suggest u start looking for a cosigner or a private loan because u will prob get in.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Nov 2009
Posts: 70
Location: United States
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 06:39
Does it look bad if a waitlisted candidate does not send an update? I have not had any significant changes since my application. I may be able to have someone I work with (Ross alum) send an additional recommendation. Does Ross look favorably on recommendations from alums?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 134
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 19

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 10:17
afyl128 wrote:
AshForGMAT wrote:
Hey Guys!

Any updates on whether Ross is offering Non co-signor loan yet?

I have an admit from UNC with some scholarship while I am waitlisted at Ross in R2. But do not have a US co-signor so will need the non-co-signor loan from Ross to attend.

Any views comments on how to proceed will be highly appreciated!!


Thanks!


The adcom have told us in no uncertain terms that there will be no non us cosigner loans.
I think yield for international students will be horrendous, so the ironic thing is you will prob get off the WL but have no way to finance.
I suggest u start looking for a cosigner or a private loan because u will prob get in.

Posted from my mobile device Image


Calm down everyone. Yes, there is no option for a no-consignor loan this year (atleast not yet) but the adcom made this clear very early in the application season. It is not as if you got admitted and then suddenly one day you found out that the loan wasn't available for internationals.
I believe people who did their due diligence before applying to Ross would have known this fact and therefore i do not believe that the yield will be "horrendous". I am an international and would have loved the option of a no US consignor loan, but i knew what i was getting into. These details should have been worked out by candidates before they applied to Ross. If the applicant knew that there was no possibility of a US consignor, and financing would be an issue, then the applicant should not have applied in the first place.
And thus, there is no need to slant the quality of internationals who will be a part of the Class of 2014 (i read that comment a few pages back).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Decision Week!
Joined: 12 Oct 2011
Posts: 262
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.66
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 58

Premium Member
Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 10:51
I folks - I just declined my Ross admission so hopefully a WLer will quickly be admitted. Best wishes to all the Ross crew!
_________________

GMAT Story http://gmatclub.com/forum/100-point-improvements-they-are-possible-124223.html
Profile/School Status http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1028789

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 134
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 19

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 11:06
Just got an email from my concierge that a packet from UofM has arrived...Can't wait to get back home and check it out...Admit packages are in the mail guys...
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: I want that purple stuff!
Joined: 30 Oct 2009
Posts: 108
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 3

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 14:36
topMBA12 wrote:
Just got an email from my concierge that a packet from UofM has arrived...Can't wait to get back home and check it out...Admit packages are in the mail guys...


I got mine today and just opened up the box.. the admissions binder is very nice! It's clear they put a lot of thought into it.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 03:56
Hi guys,
I'm an applicant of R3. My GMAT is 710. I would like to retake it to improve my candidacy before the decision date May 15. If I retake the GMAT, when am I suppose to submit the new score so that I do not miss any chances of my file being evaluated again for admission? Shall I ensure Ross will receive the official score report from GMAC before that date or an unofficial score report will suffice before I get admission?
Thanks for your help.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Posts: 84
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 5

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 07:04
topMBA12 wrote:
afyl128 wrote:
AshForGMAT wrote:
Hey Guys!

Any updates on whether Ross is offering Non co-signor loan yet?

I have an admit from UNC with some scholarship while I am waitlisted at Ross in R2. But do not have a US co-signor so will need the non-co-signor loan from Ross to attend.

Any views comments on how to proceed will be highly appreciated!!


Thanks!


The adcom have told us in no uncertain terms that there will be no non us cosigner loans.
I think yield for international students will be horrendous, so the ironic thing is you will prob get off the WL but have no way to finance.
I suggest u start looking for a cosigner or a private loan because u will prob get in.

Posted from my mobile device Image


Calm down everyone. Yes, there is no option for a no-consignor loan this year (atleast not yet) but the adcom made this clear very early in the application season. It is not as if you got admitted and then suddenly one day you found out that the loan wasn't available for internationals.
I believe people who did their due diligence before applying to Ross would have known this fact and therefore i do not believe that the yield will be "horrendous". I am an international and would have loved the option of a no US consignor loan, but i knew what i was getting into. These details should have been worked out by candidates before they applied to Ross. If the applicant knew that there was no possibility of a US consignor, and financing would be an issue, then the applicant should not have applied in the first place.
And thus, there is no need to slant the quality of internationals who will be a part of the Class of 2014 (i read that comment a few pages back).


I don't feel the adcom made it clear that there would be no co-signer loan early in the season, I think the approx 50 people who signed the page in the admitted student group saying they need such a loan would agree with me. The first announcement I saw was late January which is certainly not early in the season. I think they also indicate that there will be a large drop in yield from international students this year. I'm sure theres many others that havne't found their way to the page to sign it as well. I don't see how you can have such a large group dropping out due to funding reasons without it impacting the yield / quality of the international pool.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 08:21
johnnyw wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm an applicant of R3. My GMAT is 710. I would like to retake it to improve my candidacy before the decision date May 15. If I retake the GMAT, when am I suppose to submit the new score so that I do not miss any chances of my file being evaluated again for admission? Shall I ensure Ross will receive the official score report from GMAC before that date or an unofficial score report will suffice before I get admission?
Thanks for your help.


I don't think retaking the GMAT will improve your candidacy at all. Your 710 will get you "over the bar" so to speak, getting an even higher score won't help you anymore, IMO.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1262
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 12:57
afyl128 wrote:

I don't feel the adcom made it clear that there would be no co-signer loan early in the season, I think the approx 50 people who signed the page in the admitted student group saying they need such a loan would agree with me. The first announcement I saw was late January which is certainly not early in the season. I think they also indicate that there will be a large drop in yield from international students this year. I'm sure theres many others that havne't found their way to the page to sign it as well. I don't see how you can have such a large group dropping out due to funding reasons without it impacting the yield / quality of the international pool.


If you take a look at Columbia and Cornell's Yield for the class of 2010 you can compare. Columbia stopped giving international loans in the middle of that year and AFTER they took deposits (which they refused to return at first).

Anyone notice that Businessweek's Columbia page no longer shows Yield?
http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... umbia.html

Ross isn't the first school to do this.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 20:16
thk wrote:
johnnyw wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm an applicant of R3. My GMAT is 710. I would like to retake it to improve my candidacy before the decision date May 15. If I retake the GMAT, when am I suppose to submit the new score so that I do not miss any chances of my file being evaluated again for admission? Shall I ensure Ross will receive the official score report from GMAC before that date or an unofficial score report will suffice before I get admission?
Thanks for your help.


I don't think retaking the GMAT will improve your candidacy at all. Your 710 will get you "over the bar" so to speak, getting an even higher score won't help you anymore, IMO.


Thank you, thk.
If I got 750 or even higher, would it help?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2011
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2012, 06:59
I have my ross interview scheduled for this friday, on Campus
Can anyone tell me whether i can get to know who will be interviewing me on campus? I see that offcampus interviewees get the information about their interviewers.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Bring the Rain
Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Posts: 408
Location: United States (MD)
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.13
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 46

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2012, 07:07
Attack10 wrote:
I have my ross interview scheduled for this friday, on Campus
Can anyone tell me whether i can get to know who will be interviewing me on campus? I see that offcampus interviewees get the information about their interviewers.


You are interviewed by and MBA2. You won't know exactly WHO will be interviewing you until they call you in from the waiting area.
_________________

Go Blue!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1262
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2012, 21:50
afyl128 wrote:
Can any current students or others comment on why Ross seem to have higher unemployment rates than peer schools (Duke, Darden, Anderson) and schools with lower rankings (Kelley, Olin)

I'm guessing there are factors at play here. Perhaps industries that Ross students typically recruit into are down on recruiting?

Source is this article

http://poetsandquants.com/2011/11/08/mb ... s-of-2011/



So here's another twist that might also contributes to the recruitment report. Most school give employment report based on the people who reported. We just received notice that 100% of all MBA2's reported their job status. This is the first time where everyone reported but I suspect (without facts to support this) 1) Ross generally has a high percentage of respondents with offers and without, 2) big percentage of non-reports at every school are people without offers, and 3) people get a job from this point on, will not go back and change their job status.

These are only my conjecture, feel free to disagree.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Nov 2009
Posts: 70
Location: United States
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 11:25
Does anyone know if a Google group for waitlisted students exists? If so, can someone direct me to the link. I never received it from the adcom.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Apr 2012
Posts: 27
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 22:03
am an r3 applicant as well... so far no news from the adcom :cry:
Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 04 Apr 2012, 22:03
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
195 Experts publish their posts in the topic Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants AN225 1692 13 Jul 2011, 00:58
1 Ross Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 15 08 Sep 2011, 02:07
332 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Ross 2011 applicants! lagsantiago 3678 10 May 2010, 06:59
333 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! milias 1927 23 Jun 2009, 09:38
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  74   75   76   77   78   79   80  ...  85    Next  [ 1693 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.