Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Kudos
ashishkaushal wrote:
Reconfirmed:
Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your email. Interview invitations went out late yesterday. If you didn't get an invitation, you'll either be waitlisted until round 2 or denied. Make sure you check your spam in case you were invited and the email was diverted to your spam folder.

Let me know if I can assist further,

Thanks again!

Assist! Sure, please provide an early final decision and not this excruciatingly long wait! And the reason for the ding. After spending so many hours on the application and a $200 application fee, I think one at least deserve the reason for denial! I appreciate Tuck that at least provides a feedback call. If not a feedback call the least they can do is formalize their notes and provide that as a feedback.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.17
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Seriously guys!!! What is going on this time?! Last time they sent interview invites to 34% (89) people on GC. This time only 10%...?!!!! That too when the average GMAT score of GC applicant pool is 15 points higher than the total applicant pool (of last year)? Are they planning to take everyone in R2 and NO-ONE in R1?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
abhisheksingla91 wrote:
Seriously guys!!! What is going on this time?! Last time they sent interview invites to 34% (89) people on GC. This time only 10%...?!!!! That too when the average GMAT score of GC applicant pool is 15 points higher than the total applicant pool (of last year)? Are they planning to take everyone in R2 and NO-ONE in R1?

Its possible that those who got the invites haven't updated their status on GC website.
I agree its disheartnening but lets not loose the focus on other apps
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
AvgEng wrote:
The results for R1 for Ross were quite surprising. People with significantly high GMAT scores and GPAs were not even selected for interviews. Any ideas as to what Ross pays more importance to?

This forum tends to skew heavily towards international applicants.

International applicants have been increasing at a higher rate than US applicants (poetsandquants). This means that it will be even more competitive for over-represented groups (Indian Chinese Males).

I've read that US Newsweek ranking will be weighing the GMAT higher than before. That means all the schools will be putting more focus on the GMAT. More focus means higher scores. I think we will see most schools avg GMAT scores continue to rise over the next couple years, more so than GPA.

Just my opinion. Regardless, dont worry about why you didnt get it. Move on and focus on your current applications and how you can make them better. You only need to get into 1 school!
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Congrats to all who got the invite and good luck to everyone else for the other apps. Its been rightly mentioned that you need to get into only one school.
I had applied only to Ross this year to test waters and I didnt get the invite. I'm an Indian Male Engineer with 2 years of work experience in the domain of Management Consulting - Digital Tech (Analyst, Associate). I wanted to see where I currently stand before I go blazing guns next time. To work on myself, I need answers to two important questions - 1) Are there people who got the interview invites with 2 years of experience or lesser? 2) Any candidates with a low CGPA who got the invite? Mine is 6.3/10. If yes, then can you mention your GMAT score and years of work ex?

Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
AvgEng wrote:
The results for R1 for Ross were quite surprising. People with significantly high GMAT scores and GPAs were not even selected for interviews. Any ideas as to what Ross pays more importance to?

Talking to a current student, I understood that international students who Ross thinks would need Team Based Discussions, will be put on WL and then called for TBD in round 2.

Speaking of significantly high GMAT, I got an invite.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
aditya0401 wrote:
AvgEng wrote:

Talking to a current student, I understood that international students who Ross thinks would need Team Based Discussions, will be put on WL and then called for TBD in round 2.

Aah man, you are again giving this ray of hope! I would still take it as a ding! If I am invited later then it will be a bonus.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
For Michigan, Wharton, and other schools, does it hurt your chance if you do off-campus interview? How important is it to participate in the team-based discussion?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
aditya0401 wrote:
AvgEng wrote:

This is new, haven't heard this before. Does it happen to a lot of people?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
Send PM
aditya0401 wrote:
AvgEng wrote:

This is strange :|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I haven't updated mine yet but I received an invite.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
New Blog from Ross' Admission's Director, https://michiganross.umich.edu/admissio ... ns-are-out that details about the interview process and what is going to happen to people who were not invited.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
New Blog from Ross' Admission's Director, https://michiganross.umich.edu/admissio ... ns-are-out that details about the interview process and what is going to happen to people who were not invited.

Thanks for the update
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Here is latest on the Ross invites and status updates by users on the forum. Congrats to everyone who got interview invitation.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
The blog says:
"Here are the two most common reasons for being waitlisted: (1) your academic record wasn’t as competitive as other applicants whose experience or background was similar to yours; (2) your work experience wasn’t as strong as others in the pool (in terms of what you’ve accomplished to date)"

So, if I get this correctly, they have just looked at the numbers and not viewed the profile holistically or given much importance to the way the essays have been written or how an individual has expressed his/her stories. THAT is something not expected from such a reputable institution. I mean, if they only wanted to know about the numbers, there was no point in asking us to spend so much time in writing those looooong essays.

REALLY DISAPPOINTED NOW!! knowing that they think all the applicants' stories / essay qualities are similar and what they really care about is THEIR business and numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Send PM
Totally agree with you on this one. And no, it's not a case of sour grapes. Looks like the Indian pool that got the invite only has a 750+ on GMAT.

chinoo411 wrote:
The blog says:
"Here are the two most common reasons for being waitlisted: (1) your academic record wasn’t as competitive as other applicants whose experience or background was similar to yours; (2) your work experience wasn’t as strong as others in the pool (in terms of what you’ve accomplished to date)"

So, if I get this correctly, they have just looked at the numbers and not viewed the profile holistically or given much importance to the way the essays have been written or how an individual has expressed his/her stories. THAT is something not expected from such a reputable institution. I mean, if they only wanted to know about the numbers, there was no point in asking us to spend so much time in writing those looooong essays.

REALLY DISAPPOINTED NOW!! knowing that they think all the applicants' stories / essay qualities are similar and what they really care about is THEIR business and numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
chinoo411 wrote:
The blog says:

Schools are putting extra emphasis on GMAT these days! For an Indian candidate like me, 720 is not good enough! May be schools should be more transparent when it comes to their criteria for selection! Spending so much time on introspection and writing a story when it doesn't hold much importance is a waste of time, energy and money!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts