Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Said'16
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Said-Oxford Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2016 [#permalink]
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: Why you should launch a start-up during your EMBA
Four months into my Executive MBA I left my previous job to start an online payments business. Five months later we closed our first round of funding from Europe’s leading early stage syndicate, Seedcamp, representing investors like Fidelity Growth Partners, …
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
I had my interview and it was conversational but the questions were more sort of reflective in nature.

- Why MBA & Why Oxford
- Leadership example
- What are your strengths
- What will you bring to Oxford
- How good are your communication skills? (I am not sure if this is specific only to folks who are not predominantly from non-English speaking countries)
- Where would you want to go back in history if you could be there for half a day (the situation should not be related to your work, family,volunteer work)
- How did you choose the schools you have applied to?

Overall I could sense that the interviewer was not only trying to validate the contents of the essays but also to know more about why do I want to an MBA and do I have the right perspective in terms of how I will contribute to the community at Oxford.

Hope that helps - this was the season's first interview and I felt I did give it a fair shot but definitely not my best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: All Roads Lead to Platform 9¾
If you asked me five years ago where I thought I’d be this moment, I can bet the common room of Said Business School at the University of Oxford was rather low on that list – likely falling somewhere between …
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Warner Bros. Pictures, University of Notre Dame Alumni
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
WE:Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Narenn - Thank you for the update. I'll be joining the GMATClub Chat Room with Oxford on October 13th. I look forward to speaking with Raquel and all other applicants to learn more about the program.

Talk soon,
Justine

Narenn wrote:
Arshad88, Wouldbecrazy, and all other Oxford Applicants,

We have a great news for all oxford applicants. Raquel Lison, Associate Director of MBA recruitment at Said, is coming on GMATClub on 13th Oct to chat with us. This is an excellent opportunity to get all your questions/queries clarified from School's admission team member and to learn more about Oxford MBA program. So save the date and do attend this event.

Good Luck !!

Date: October 13, 2014. Monday

University of Oxford: Saïd Business School

Event: Admissions chat with Raquel Lison (Associate Director of MBA recruitment)
Raquel Lison, Associate Director of MBA recruitment, will provide you with an overview of the Oxford MBA programme and explain the different steps in the application process that candidates should take to gain admission to the programme.

Place: GMATClub Chat Room

Timing of the Session: 8.00 AM PDT (4.00 PM British Summer Time) on 13th October 2014.

Add this Event to your Google calender

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Could someone please post the questions asked for recommenders? My manager wants to know in advance. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: MBA Preparations
No doubt like every other pre-arrival Saïd Business School student, I spent my summer filling out financial declarations, pouring over college accommodation floorplans, tweaking my CV, and dusting off (with the intention of opening, but never quite getting around to …
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: I wanted a programme that built great leaders
If you are reading this blog, it is likely that you are considering an MBA programme in a world class university in the near future. Like you, I had always wanted an MBA as a terminating degree for two reasons. …
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
magneticlp wrote:
By the way, at one of the info session Said's director of MBA programs told that they're planning to enlarge the class size to 320 students. This will come into effect from 2016 or 2017.

This will come into effect for the class of 2016 (current applicants). The idea is to tempt more companies to come to campus as there will be a larger pool of talent to recruit from. Currently we have three sections of around 80 students and this will become four next year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Said'16
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Whiplasher wrote:

This will come into effect for the class of 2016 (current applicants). The idea is to tempt more companies to come to campus as there will be a larger pool of talent to recruit from. Currently we have three sections of around 80 students and this will become four next year.

I'm not sure that this will be effective in achieving the stated goal (more recruiters), at least at the short term, unless applicants pool will increase correspondingly. I mean, if this pool is the same, it will only boost acceptance rate while quality may even deteriorate as previously rejected candidates will be accepted now (to form the class of 320 students). But in longer term this maybe makes sense..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: Baseball, The Three Stooges, Romance
When Derek Jeter, one of the greatest baseball players in history, singled in the winning run in his last game ever at Yankee Stadium (try watching this without getting the shivers), sports broadcaster Michael Kay had the perfect words …
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: Drinks with the Dinosaurs
So the OxfordMBA Launch is over. Three weeks designed to introduce us to Oxford, the staff, the course content and the city.  The launch has also taught us a lot about ourselves too. When you sign up to an MBA, …
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: Preparing for Wizard School (I mean an Oxford MBA)
Hi there and thanks for reading! I’m Rex I’m a 30 year old Australian and I’ll aim to provide you with a light-hearted and hopefully useful insight in what it is like to be a student of Oxford and an …
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: The possibilities of transformation go well beyond rhetoric into a quite possible reality.
About Me: My name is Danielle Pierson. I am an American, but have been living in the UK for almost 2 years now. I am 31 years old, married, and have a 3-year old daughter. My career to this point …
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
Can anybody please kindly post chat script with addmission committee?

So sad that I couldn't join.

Thank you in advance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: Lift Off of a Social, Sporting MBA
I thought this year I would write about a not so academic side of the MBA. Many people know that a great benefit of an MBA is the networking that you gain access to, both with the class, with alumni …
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 431 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
Send PM
My boss says he feels tired just by looking at the number of character required to fill in the reco. He says its 5000 but will definitely do it before the deadline. Anybody else knows anything about recommendation question?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Any Stage 1 applicants waiting for the big day tomorrow?? I feel a tinge of anxiety and nervousness!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts