Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Applicants: January 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]
My supervisor has known me since March,15 and he has written a reco for me. Will that duration (March till now) be good enough for a reco ?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
pqt wrote:
My supervisor has known me since March,15 and he has written a reco for me. Will that duration (March till now) be good enough for a reco ?

I would say, it will, for one of the recos. You could choose the other from another supervisor who has known you longer (if that is the immediate predecessor, super!). The main thing all AdComs seem to look for is that the recommender should have known you well at work and be able to speak of "Why You" convincingly. Looked at in another light, you would be better off than somebody who takes a reco from a superior high up the ladder just for the 'weight', when that person may not directly deal with/ know traits of the candidates. So all said and done, I guess a frank discussion with your current supervisor should work out well for you! IMHO!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Your MBA. Your Future.
Experience Schulich 2015 on November 21, 2015 is the Schulich School of Business’s annual open house. It will provide an opportunity to see what life is like for current students and where an MBA can take you post-graduation. Find out how a Schulich MBA can help you work towards your career goals and discover the [...]
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Putting the “I” in IMBA: Regina’s Story
Regina Muggenburg Esteinou International MBA Candidate, 2016 I chose the IMBA because I was interested in a program that exposed me to a truly international environment. The diversity at Schulich was the best match.My experience as an international student has been great! I’ve loved meeting people from all around the world and with such different [...]
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Get MBA-Ready with FLYING START: Schulich’s Own MBA Prep Course
Whether you’re entering the MBA program from a non-business background or simply want to brush up on your foundational knowledge in a few key areas, Schulich is excited to offer FLYING START to prepare you for your MBA. The prep course is ideal for students with limited working exposure to core business disciplines, providing them [...]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: How to Ace Your MBA Application!
If you are currently applying to, or considering applying to graduate business school, this post is for you… seriously! There are 5 key components to most MBA applications, and we had Schulich’s Associate Director of Recruitment & Admissions, Graham Sue, share some secrets to success. #1 – The Academic Profile: GPA & GMAT One of [...]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Heather L. Main Scholarship Awarded to Two Schulich MBA Students
In some very exciting recent news, it was announced that two Schulich MBA students have been awarded the Women In Capital Markets Heather L. Main Memorial Scholarship. Our warmest congratulations to deserving recipients Sakshi Kanda, MBA Candidate 2017 and Dajena Collaku, MBA/JD Candidate 2017.  The Heather L. Main Memorial Scholarship honours the memory of an [...]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Prospective Students “Experience Schulich” at Open House
On Saturday November 21, more than 200 passionate MBA candidates converged at the Schulich School of Business for its bi-annual open house, Experience Schulich. The day opened with a networking breakfast where attendees chatted over coffee with members of the Schulich admissions and student services team, and current students – who led guided tours of [...]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
Send PM
Hey there!

Anyone ready to share an apartment? What are your accommodation plans?

Best,
Meghana
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Starting My MBA With a Non-Business Background
  by Shervin Shahidi, MBA Candidate 2017 If there was a Schulich applicant with a complete lack of business knowledge, that must have been me in early 2015. After all, none of my academic background in Biology, Genetics and Computer Animation had ever prepared me for the concepts that we were going to discuss in [...]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 2.3
Send PM
I am very close to accepting my FT offer starting in Jan 2016. Is anyone going to the Dec 17th mandatory Career & Academic session?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Inspiring Women in Capital Markets: Sakshi Kanda
MBA candidate Sakshi Kanda was recently awarded the Women in Capital Markets Heather L. Main Memorial Scholarship. Learn more about her student experience, upcoming internship and thoughts about powerful women in business! 1. Tell me a bit about how you developed an interest in capital markets. To be honest, I didn’t know much about capital [...]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Inspiring Women in Capital Markets: Sakshi Kanda
MBA candidate Sakshi Kanda was recently awarded the Women in Capital Markets Heather L. Main Memorial Scholarship. Learn more about her student experience, upcoming internship and thoughts about powerful women in business! 1. Tell me a bit about how you developed an interest in capital markets. To be honest, I didn’t know much about capital [...]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: MBAs Present on How To Profitably Decarbonize Norwegian Oil Fund, Win Third Place
Third place went to the Schulich School of Business at this year’s CK-Schulich Business for a Better World Case Competition held during the World Economic Forum. Our team of MBA finalists presented to panel of five judges in Davos on how to profitably decarbonize the Norwegian Oil Fund Twenty-eight teams from 14 countries registered to [...]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Upcoming Webinars: Your Admissions FAQs, Answered!
Webinar: February 9, 12:15pm ET Admission Tips: Essays & Recommendations Preparing your essays? Trying to decide who your referees should be? Hoping to get some helpful hints? Schulich’s webinar series – Just the FAQs will provide you with the information that you need. Learn how to write a compelling essay and how to pick the [...]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Meet Our Admissions Team For Coffee- Around the World!
Join a Schulich Admissions representative for coffee around the world this month! Meet Imran Kanga, Assistant Director of Graduate Recruitment & Admissions, for a coffee chat in a group setting to learn more about graduate programs offered at the Schulich School of Business. Here’s what’s on the menu in February! Coffee Chat in Monterrey February [...]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Experience Schulich 2016 – Open House March 12th
Back by Popular Demand, Experience Schulich 2016 brings together the best and brightest minds that the Schulich School of Business faculty has to offer. On March 12th  award-winning business faculty will talk about their passion and the possibilities that exist in their area of expertise. Take advantage of the opportunity to meet one-on-one with admissions [...]
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts