Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2008
Posts: 57
Schools: MIT Sloan
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2008, 02:03
msday86 wrote:
sentiment wrote:
Mikus wrote:
Any word on when Stanford starts sending out interview invites?

I'm in for Round 1 :)


The wait has begun!

some guy on BW has got an i/v invite. anyone else out here got the coveted mail?

http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=43&nav=messages&webtag=bw-bschools&tid=76731


I call BS on the BW interview invite.


*agree*
And it's thanks to people like him which makes Gmatclub > BW :lol:
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2008
Posts: 23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2008, 09:34
Well, I don't want to call anyone's BS just yet, but I did attend the Many Voices diversity recruiting event at the Stanford GSB on Saturday, and spoke to Eric Abrams (Director of Outreach, member of the AdCom) briefly about this topic. Someone asked if they started sending out interview invites yet, and he just laughed. He said he started reading apps on Thursday.

So while I don't think it's impossible for someone to have already received an invite, this guy's well in the minority. Speaking to current students, I asked them when they received their interview invites, and a lot of them said late November, early December. So no one should be worrying right now!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 67
Location: Maryland, USA
Schools: Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2008, 13:34
ugh i'm totally impatient. stanford is my first choice and this wait is already getting to me...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2008
Posts: 112
Schools: HBS '11
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2008, 15:33
mikenyc wrote:
Well, I don't want to call anyone's BS just yet, but I did attend the Many Voices diversity recruiting event at the Stanford GSB on Saturday, and spoke to Eric Abrams (Director of Outreach, member of the AdCom) briefly about this topic. Someone asked if they started sending out interview invites yet, and he just laughed. He said he started reading apps on Thursday.

So while I don't think it's impossible for someone to have already received an invite, this guy's well in the minority. Speaking to current students, I asked them when they received their interview invites, and a lot of them said late November, early December. So no one should be worrying right now!


seems like you are right... http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=76731

this is a great example of why gmat club > bw
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 161
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2008, 23:35
want to throw my hat in to the ring.

how can i add my name to the r2 applicants?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2008
Posts: 23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2008, 15:11
This is from Derrick's blog:

First, congratulations to all of you who submitted your applications in Round 1!

Many of you have asked whether there is a relationship between the timing of your interview invitation and your chance of admission. You'll find the "what" and "why" of interviews covered on our website in Interviews , so I'll focus on the "when."

Please be assured that your likelihood of admission bears no relationship to when you receive your interview invitation; the timing of your invitation simply depends on when we review your file--and there is no pattern to application review.

Interviews for Round 1 applicants start as soon as possible after the application deadline-- typically early November--and last through mid January. We expect to send Round 1 interview invitations pretty regularly, every business day or so, through mid December. Even during Stanford's winter shutdown (22 December 2008 through 5 January 2009) we continue to read feverishly but tend to bundle invitations and send them every few days. (One reason for the bundling is that our building is unheated for the entire shutdown and we are thin-blooded Californians!)

We hope to send almost all Round 1 interview invitations by mid-January 2009, though some will go out later. We also may ask some of you to join the waitlist without an interview.

No matter when you receive your invitation to interview, you have the same chance of admission as any other candidate.

I hope this is helpful. Back to my files...
Derrick


So what does this mean? Have they started to send them out or what? I guess we only know if someone (reliable) receives an invite! Oh, the waiting game...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 313
Schools: Attending Stanford
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2008, 18:44
That post is pretty similar to the one he put up last year at this time. In last year's, though, he did confirm that invites had already started to go out. In other words... I have no idea :)

In all seriousness, the order of interview invites has no bearing whatsoever on chance of admission. Really. None. Just wait (I know it's excruciating) and see.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2008
Posts: 112
Schools: HBS '11
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2008, 18:52
mikenyc wrote:
This is from Derrick's blog:

First, congratulations to all of you who submitted your applications in Round 1!

Many of you have asked whether there is a relationship between the timing of your interview invitation and your chance of admission. You'll find the "what" and "why" of interviews covered on our website in Interviews , so I'll focus on the "when."

Please be assured that your likelihood of admission bears no relationship to when you receive your interview invitation; the timing of your invitation simply depends on when we review your file--and there is no pattern to application review.

Interviews for Round 1 applicants start as soon as possible after the application deadline-- typically early November--and last through mid January. We expect to send Round 1 interview invitations pretty regularly, every business day or so, through mid December. Even during Stanford's winter shutdown (22 December 2008 through 5 January 2009) we continue to read feverishly but tend to bundle invitations and send them every few days. (One reason for the bundling is that our building is unheated for the entire shutdown and we are thin-blooded Californians!)

We hope to send almost all Round 1 interview invitations by mid-January 2009, though some will go out later. We also may ask some of you to join the waitlist without an interview.

No matter when you receive your invitation to interview, you have the same chance of admission as any other candidate.

I hope this is helpful. Back to my files...
Derrick


So what does this mean? Have they started to send them out or what? I guess we only know if someone (reliable) receives an invite! Oh, the waiting game...


btw, my status on the application website now has the message: "Your application is complete and currently under review." A bunch of others on BW reported the same... I think it says the same for everyone now. guess it really is waiting time!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 195
Schools: Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2008, 22:43
bball wrote:
btw, my status on the application website now has the message: "Your application is complete and currently under review." A bunch of others on BW reported the same... I think it says the same for everyone now. guess it really is waiting time!


Same here...
_________________

http://bent.tw

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2005
Posts: 922
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2008, 07:03
Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Posts: 16
Schools: Wharton, LBS, Stanford, MIT, NYU, Columbia
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2008, 08:45
applied r1 as well. god help us all!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2008, 10:35
monkbent wrote:
bball wrote:
btw, my status on the application website now has the message: "Your application is complete and currently under review." A bunch of others on BW reported the same... I think it says the same for everyone now. guess it really is waiting time!


Same here...



submitted 10/27, mine also says it's complete and under review. good luck everyone!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 67
Location: Maryland, USA
Schools: Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2008, 11:18
mine says the same thing.
i submitted on the 29th in the afternoon. good luck :)
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2005
Posts: 283
Location: Milan
Schools: Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 134 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2008, 12:35
Every fricking time I see new posts on this thread I open it afraid that invites have already been sent out (much like it happened with HBS)!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 254
Schools: Booth 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2008, 12:55
Me too! It's terrifying!

Paradosso wrote:
Every fricking time I see new posts on this thread I open it afraid that invites have already been sent out (much like it happened with HBS)!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2005
Posts: 283
Location: Milan
Schools: Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 134 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2008, 13:26
You got the HBS one though!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 254
Schools: Booth 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2008, 15:18
True... but still!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 254
Schools: Booth 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2008, 13:51
invites have started.... 2 reports on BW forums.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 67
Location: Maryland, USA
Schools: Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2008, 10:56
egy wrote:
invites have started.... 2 reports on BW forums.


hm all quiet on the stanford front for me. hopefully many more invites to come...
i'm pretty sure I blew my Wharton interview yesterday, so I'll cross my fingers for this one.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 10 May 2008
Posts: 72
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2008, 11:21
chitchat wrote:

hm all quiet on the stanford front for me. hopefully many more invites to come...
i'm pretty sure I blew my Wharton interview yesterday, so I'll cross my fingers for this one.


Also waiting.

Here's to hoping :)

Good luck!
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2008, 11:21
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
30 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! TL 612 16 Jul 2008, 20:26
12 Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! isa 737 10 Jul 2008, 18:42
34 Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2009 Applicants agold 632 12 Jun 2008, 10:18
21 Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! isa 530 19 May 2008, 20:10
53 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all HBS Fall 2009 Applicants devansh_god 722 04 May 2008, 06:22
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  31    Next  [ 613 posts ] 

Moderators: DefyingGravity, missxmelon



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.