Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 20:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2008
Posts: 57
Schools: MIT Sloan
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2008, 17:54
R1 applicant here too, submitted 10/28. Good luck all!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 38
Location: India
Schools: Tuck, Kellogg, Sloan, Stanford, Haas, Cornell, LBS, UCLA
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2008, 10:47
R1 Submitted - 29/10

Brief profile:

700 GMAT (Q49,V35,AWA5.5) (I know this sucks !!)
WE - 4 years by jul 09
Undergrad - Engineering
Career - Product consultant at top telecom solutions provider (19 months) --> Moved to a startup in retail -->Business analyst to account manager to manager enterprise sales(18 months)
Male, excellent extracurrics

Any one else applied form India ? could you share your profiles pls..
_________________

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1443
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2008, 11:59
How's the stanford lottery going this year? I am not applying but figured how things were going in here. Do we have anyone with a "stanford" profile this year? (i.e. terry12 )
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2008
Posts: 112
Schools: HBS '11
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2008, 12:49
terp26 wrote:
How's the stanford lottery going this year? I am not applying but figured how things were going in here. Do we have anyone with a "stanford" profile this year? (i.e. terry12 )


we've got 22 R1 applicants so far, so we'll see!

anyone have a guess based on last year how quickly they send out interview invites?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 34
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2008, 12:56
Make it 23. Applied on 28th Oct.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Apr 2008
Posts: 69
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2008, 19:31
Mikus wrote:
Any word on when Stanford starts sending out interview invites?

I'm in for Round 1 :)


The wait has begun!

some guy on BW has got an i/v invite. anyone else out here got the coveted mail?

http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=43&nav=messages&webtag=bw-bschools&tid=76731
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 370
Location: New York, Paris
Schools: Wharton '11
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2008, 11:13
Already?? Shoot, does that mean I have to start stressing over Stanford interviews now? I really thought I would have some quiet time... :?
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 524
Schools: Harvard '11
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 28

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2008, 13:13
sentiment wrote:
Mikus wrote:
Any word on when Stanford starts sending out interview invites?

I'm in for Round 1 :)


The wait has begun!

some guy on BW has got an i/v invite. anyone else out here got the coveted mail?

http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=43&nav=messages&webtag=bw-bschools&tid=76731


I call BS on the BW interview invite.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 254
Schools: Booth 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2008, 15:08
ya me too
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2008
Posts: 156
Schools: Cornell, Duke, Kellogg, Ross
WE 1: 5
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2008, 17:15
make it 24 for R1
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2008
Posts: 57
Schools: MIT Sloan
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2008, 02:03
msday86 wrote:
sentiment wrote:
Mikus wrote:
Any word on when Stanford starts sending out interview invites?

I'm in for Round 1 :)


The wait has begun!

some guy on BW has got an i/v invite. anyone else out here got the coveted mail?

http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=43&nav=messages&webtag=bw-bschools&tid=76731


I call BS on the BW interview invite.


*agree*
And it's thanks to people like him which makes Gmatclub > BW :lol:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2008
Posts: 23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2008, 09:34
Well, I don't want to call anyone's BS just yet, but I did attend the Many Voices diversity recruiting event at the Stanford GSB on Saturday, and spoke to Eric Abrams (Director of Outreach, member of the AdCom) briefly about this topic. Someone asked if they started sending out interview invites yet, and he just laughed. He said he started reading apps on Thursday.

So while I don't think it's impossible for someone to have already received an invite, this guy's well in the minority. Speaking to current students, I asked them when they received their interview invites, and a lot of them said late November, early December. So no one should be worrying right now!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 67
Location: Maryland, USA
Schools: Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2008, 13:34
ugh i'm totally impatient. stanford is my first choice and this wait is already getting to me...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2008
Posts: 112
Schools: HBS '11
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2008, 15:33
mikenyc wrote:
Well, I don't want to call anyone's BS just yet, but I did attend the Many Voices diversity recruiting event at the Stanford GSB on Saturday, and spoke to Eric Abrams (Director of Outreach, member of the AdCom) briefly about this topic. Someone asked if they started sending out interview invites yet, and he just laughed. He said he started reading apps on Thursday.

So while I don't think it's impossible for someone to have already received an invite, this guy's well in the minority. Speaking to current students, I asked them when they received their interview invites, and a lot of them said late November, early December. So no one should be worrying right now!


seems like you are right... http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=76731

this is a great example of why gmat club > bw
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 161
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2008, 23:35
want to throw my hat in to the ring.

how can i add my name to the r2 applicants?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2008
Posts: 23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2008, 15:11
This is from Derrick's blog:

First, congratulations to all of you who submitted your applications in Round 1!

Many of you have asked whether there is a relationship between the timing of your interview invitation and your chance of admission. You'll find the "what" and "why" of interviews covered on our website in Interviews , so I'll focus on the "when."

Please be assured that your likelihood of admission bears no relationship to when you receive your interview invitation; the timing of your invitation simply depends on when we review your file--and there is no pattern to application review.

Interviews for Round 1 applicants start as soon as possible after the application deadline-- typically early November--and last through mid January. We expect to send Round 1 interview invitations pretty regularly, every business day or so, through mid December. Even during Stanford's winter shutdown (22 December 2008 through 5 January 2009) we continue to read feverishly but tend to bundle invitations and send them every few days. (One reason for the bundling is that our building is unheated for the entire shutdown and we are thin-blooded Californians!)

We hope to send almost all Round 1 interview invitations by mid-January 2009, though some will go out later. We also may ask some of you to join the waitlist without an interview.

No matter when you receive your invitation to interview, you have the same chance of admission as any other candidate.

I hope this is helpful. Back to my files...
Derrick


So what does this mean? Have they started to send them out or what? I guess we only know if someone (reliable) receives an invite! Oh, the waiting game...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 313
Schools: Attending Stanford
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2008, 18:44
That post is pretty similar to the one he put up last year at this time. In last year's, though, he did confirm that invites had already started to go out. In other words... I have no idea :)

In all seriousness, the order of interview invites has no bearing whatsoever on chance of admission. Really. None. Just wait (I know it's excruciating) and see.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2008
Posts: 112
Schools: HBS '11
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2008, 18:52
mikenyc wrote:
This is from Derrick's blog:

First, congratulations to all of you who submitted your applications in Round 1!

Many of you have asked whether there is a relationship between the timing of your interview invitation and your chance of admission. You'll find the "what" and "why" of interviews covered on our website in Interviews , so I'll focus on the "when."

Please be assured that your likelihood of admission bears no relationship to when you receive your interview invitation; the timing of your invitation simply depends on when we review your file--and there is no pattern to application review.

Interviews for Round 1 applicants start as soon as possible after the application deadline-- typically early November--and last through mid January. We expect to send Round 1 interview invitations pretty regularly, every business day or so, through mid December. Even during Stanford's winter shutdown (22 December 2008 through 5 January 2009) we continue to read feverishly but tend to bundle invitations and send them every few days. (One reason for the bundling is that our building is unheated for the entire shutdown and we are thin-blooded Californians!)

We hope to send almost all Round 1 interview invitations by mid-January 2009, though some will go out later. We also may ask some of you to join the waitlist without an interview.

No matter when you receive your invitation to interview, you have the same chance of admission as any other candidate.

I hope this is helpful. Back to my files...
Derrick


So what does this mean? Have they started to send them out or what? I guess we only know if someone (reliable) receives an invite! Oh, the waiting game...


btw, my status on the application website now has the message: "Your application is complete and currently under review." A bunch of others on BW reported the same... I think it says the same for everyone now. guess it really is waiting time!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 195
Schools: Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2008, 22:43
bball wrote:
btw, my status on the application website now has the message: "Your application is complete and currently under review." A bunch of others on BW reported the same... I think it says the same for everyone now. guess it really is waiting time!


Same here...
_________________

http://bent.tw

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2005
Posts: 922
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2008, 07:03
Good luck everyone!
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 14 Nov 2008, 07:03
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
30 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! TL 612 16 Jul 2008, 20:26
12 Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! isa 737 10 Jul 2008, 18:42
34 Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2009 Applicants agold 632 12 Jun 2008, 10:18
21 Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! isa 530 19 May 2008, 20:10
53 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all HBS Fall 2009 Applicants devansh_god 722 04 May 2008, 06:22
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  31    Next  [ 613 posts ] 

Moderators: DefyingGravity, missxmelon



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.