Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 09:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: HBS Class of 2011
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2009, 14:56
pu2003 wrote:
Interviewed this week. My performance was less than stellar - not great and not horrible. None of the questions threw me off - if you review the clearadmit guide you should be fine. I just didn't feel like I articulated my thoughts that well. Unlike the experience of many other Stanford interviewees, I didn't get the sense my interviewere really listened to me much. The interview felt somewhat scripted.

Stay positive! We both have a month long wait to look forward to. :)

Here is some info from the Stanford Blog about R2 invites:

"Stanford MBA Admission Blog
25 February 2009
Round 2 Interview statistics
As of this morning, we have invited 275 second-round candidates to interview. We will extend an additional 100-125 interview invitations to second-round candidates in the next couple of weeks.
During that same period, we plan to interview some of the first-round candidates who accepted spots on the waitlist without having interviewed.
I hope this is helpful,
Derrick"
Current Student
Schools: HBS - Class of 2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2009, 01:03
Interesting, it seems they will invite much less people from R2 to interview:

R1: 550-600 candidates interviewed
R2: 400 + some ppl from the waitlist

Don't know if that is good or bad for R2 candidates...
Current Student
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2009, 08:12
Sounds like R1 Apps > R2 Apps this year.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UCSD ($) , UCLA, USC ($), Stanford
Followers: 118

Kudos [?]: 1281 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2009, 15:51
Mikus wrote:
Sounds like R1 Apps > R2 Apps this year.

Or quality of applicants R1 > R2. Since I am a R2 applicant, I can totally understand that :lol:

Chinese Democracy is misunderstood...at your nearest BestBuy.

Best AWA guide here: how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UCSD ($) , UCLA, USC ($), Stanford
Followers: 118

Kudos [?]: 1281 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2009, 19:45
According to BW the last few invites for R2 went out today. Oh well, so much for that dream...

I wonder if any of the R1 waitlisted got an invite this round?

Chinese Democracy is misunderstood...at your nearest BestBuy.

Best AWA guide here: how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html

Current Student

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2009, 14:57
I don't think that's true... I was at admit weekend a few days ago, and Derrick mentioned that the team was taking a break from application reading in order to organize the weekend. They said interviews would be going out until 1 week before the deadline, which suggests that there's still 2 weeks left of invites going out. Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2009, 16:07
Mikus - have you decided where you are going to be in the fall? If, not where are you leaning and why? Just curious!
Current Student

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2009, 16:21
Matriculating at Stanford. :)

I can write up my rationale later; but after visiting the schools-- my high level conclusions are:

1. They are all amazing institutions with incredible people. Extremely grateful and lucky to be able to attend any of these.

2. You can't go wrong at any of those schools; you'll be happy and well set up no matter where you end up.

3. This is a very personal decision and it makes sense for different people to go to different schools

4. I was leaning towards HBS for a while, but after visiting Stanford-- I can confidently say that Stanford is the ideal place for me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2009, 19:25
Mikus wrote:

I can write up my rationale later; but after visiting the schools-- my high level conclusions are:

1. They are all amazing institutions with incredible people. Extremely grateful and lucky to be able to attend any of these.

2. You can't go wrong at any of those schools; you'll be happy and well set up no matter where you end up.

3. This is a very personal decision and it makes sense for different people to go to different schools

4. I was leaning towards HBS for a while, but after visiting Stanford-- I can confidently say that Stanford is the ideal place for me.

Congrats man! I am sure you will happy there. :)
Current Student
Schools: Stanford
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2009, 19:44
For those of you who received an interview invite:-

Did you receive a mail asking you to confirm your current location, so that you can be paired up with an alumnus close to your location? Did any other mail with detailed information followed?

Thanks.

Most often people reject your dreams not because of the impossibility of the dream itself, but because of their inability to visualize in the same grandness as you do. So, where does that leave you? A less than stellar communicator?

Director
Director
Schools: Wharton
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 97 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2009, 22:17
Mikus wrote:

Translation: Mikus can't handle the Boston weather ;-)
Current Student
Schools: Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2009, 04:38
appukutty wrote:

Did you receive a mail asking you to confirm your current location, so that you can be paired up with an alumnus close to your location? Did any other mail with detailed information followed?

Thanks.

Nope. The e-mail listed my interviewer and his contact information.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2009, 07:11
pu2003 wrote:
appukutty wrote:

Thanks.

Oh! I see. I think I must wait for their second mail with the contact information of the alumnus, and all those paraphernalia such as FAQ etc. Thanks for your info.

Most often people reject your dreams not because of the impossibility of the dream itself, but because of their inability to visualize in the same grandness as you do. So, where does that leave you? A less than stellar communicator?

Current Student

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2009, 04:48
appukutty wrote:
pu2003 wrote:
appukutty wrote:

Thanks.

Oh! I see. I think I must wait for their second mail with the contact information of the alumnus, and all those paraphernalia such as FAQ etc. Thanks for your info.

Well, that's great! I didn't realize you got an invitation to interview! I bet your location doesn't have many, if any, Stanford Alumni, so they are trying to figure out who to match you up with. Good luck!
Current Student

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2009, 03:16
pu2003 wrote:
appukutty wrote:

Well, that's great! I didn't realize you got an invitation to interview! I bet your location doesn't have many, if any, Stanford Alumni, so they are trying to figure out who to match you up with. Good luck!

Thanks Pu! I have now got the detailed instruction mail with details of alumnus, and FAQs. I hope to complete the interview by 23 Mar which is the last date of completion of interview as per the email. (the mail states if at all possible...so if not possible, then possibly Stanford would be having alternate arrangements)!

Current Student

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2009, 04:59
appukutty wrote:
pu2003 wrote:
appukutty wrote:

Thanks Pu! I have now got the detailed instruction mail with details of alumnus, and FAQs. I hope to complete the interview by 23 Mar which is the last date of completion of interview as per the email. (the mail states if at all possible...so if not possible, then possibly Stanford would be having alternate arrangements)!

Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2009, 20:22
Ahoy to all R1 waitlisters!

I was wondering if any of you ever got a confirmation that you indeed are on the waitlist after filling the Waitlisted Candidate Form. Did you get any kind of correspondence from Stanford since Jan 22?

Thanks!
Current Student
Schools: Booth 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 11:27
Nope, i haven't heard anything since Jan 22nd.

sb17 wrote:
Ahoy to all R1 waitlisters!

I was wondering if any of you ever got a confirmation that you indeed are on the waitlist after filling the Waitlisted Candidate Form. Did you get any kind of correspondence from Stanford since Jan 22?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 12:46
Same, no word from them since the 22nd...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 01:40
And so the waiting continues...

Thanks!

egy wrote:
Nope, i haven't heard anything since Jan 22nd.
[/quote]
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2009, 01:40