Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2009, 18:34
Good luck everyone!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Attending Stanford
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2009, 21:06
Awesome, foodstamp! Congrats!!!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2009, 22:45
GUYS I got the call a little while ago . . . I'm IN!!!! Off the R1 waitlist!!! OMG I nearly started crying on the phone with Derrick. I was riding the BART and nearly broke down crying in the middle of the train. That is, before we went through a tunnel and the call dropped . . . was still shaking for about 20 min afterwards. I still can't believe it.
Current Student
Schools: Stanford
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2009, 23:37
rosav wrote:
GUYS I got the call a little while ago . . . I'm IN!!!! Off the R1 waitlist!!! OMG I nearly started crying on the phone with Derrick. I was riding the BART and nearly broke down crying in the middle of the train. That is, before we went through a tunnel and the call dropped . . . was still shaking for about 20 min afterwards. I still can't believe it.

Congrats Rosav!! Well done. You deserved this success. :)

Most often people reject your dreams not because of the impossibility of the dream itself, but because of their inability to visualize in the same grandness as you do. So, where does that leave you? A less than stellar communicator?

Current Student
Schools: HBS - Class of 2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 00:30
I can not bear this anymore. Each time my phone rings, I almost have a heart attack... DB, please call!!!
Current Student
Schools: Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 03:50
Congrats to the admits!!!!!!

So I read on BW from an admit from London that he/she received the call about an hour ago and that DB said he has 4-5 hours of calling left, which actually gives a bit of hope to those of us on the east coast (US) and others in Europe/ME/Africa.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: HBS Class of 2011
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 04:02
rosav wrote:

Congrats! I feel the same way. :-D

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Current Student

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 04:10
Ok Guys. I am IN. I just got a call from Mr Derrick Bolton.

He said he was trying to reach me for last 3-4hrs and in India, my network tower went bust since last evening. I was hoping that he would call on the alternate number which he eventually did.

It was a pleasure talking to Mr Derrick. He said he in 5hrs time I will get a mail.

God is Great. I am indebted to everyone, all of you!

Thanks Gmatclub. :)

Most often people reject your dreams not because of the impossibility of the dream itself, but because of their inability to visualize in the same grandness as you do. So, where does that leave you? A less than stellar communicator?

Current Student

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 04:12
appukutty wrote:

He said he was trying to reach me for last 3-4hrs and in India, my network tower went bust since last evening. I was hoping that he would call on the alternate number which he eventually did.

It was a pleasure talking to Mr Derrick. He said he in 5hrs time I will get a mail.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Didn't I tell you!?!?!? You are going to change India, my man, I know you are.

How long ago did you talk to him? I've read on BW that he's made some calls to the southeast US (where I am) in the last hour or two.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 04:17
Congrats to all admits!!

Only 2-3 hours of calling left... I am starting to loose hope. Only HBS can save me now... Please, God, make this happen!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 04:21
appukutty wrote:

CONGRATS!!!! You can throw away those WLs!
Current Student

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 04:21
Magellan wrote:
Congrats to all admits!!

Only 2-3 hours of calling left... I am starting to loose hope. Only HBS can save me now... Please, God, make this happen!!

Where are you located?
Current Student

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 04:22
pu2003 wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Congrats to all admits!!

Where are you located?

Western Europe (GMT+1)
Current Student

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 04:44
foodstamp wrote:
appukutty wrote:

CONGRATS!!!! You can throw away those WLs!

Thanks Foodstamp. How can we use the different colors in the profile link to show different admission status to Schools? In the modify profile column, can I use html codes?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 04:47
Yep, you can use HTML codes.

[c0lor=green]Stanford[/c0lor] !!! (without the zero in color)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 05:49
rosav wrote:

:flower
Congrats to all admited gclubbers! And special congrats to rosav - being on the R1 waitlist I know how excruciating this whole journey has been so far. You must be ecstatic!

So rosav, as someone who managed the almost-impossible, do you have any tips for those of us who are still waiting? What did you do in the past two months to improve your candidacy?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 05:52
Yes congrats, rosav! If I remember correctly, you were waitlisted in R1 w/o an interview, right? Do you think, then, you were considered with the R2 apps? I just haven't heard anyone else from the waitlist hear anything, although I really wish we would all hear something one way or the other--this four month waitlist wait is just cruel!
Current Student

Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 06:00
foodstamp wrote:
Yep, you can use HTML codes.

[c0lor=green]Stanford[/c0lor] !!! (without the zero in color)

Thanks! I had a great "transformational experience" figuring that out inspite of your detailed code help. Haha!

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 327 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 06:27
CONGRATS foodstamp, Apu, and rosav!!! Good work. So many Stanford admits this year, it's awesome!

terry12, if you're organizing a get together sometime this summer, let me know. I'd love to meet the GMATClubbers. :)

rosav, does this mean you're not joining us at Haas? :(

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Attending Stanford
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 07:39
Holy cow, congrats everyone! Hope you all can make it to Admit Weekend... and I better see you all in September :-D
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 02 Apr 2009, 07:39