Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 16:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 May 2010, 12:36
evolving14 wrote:
Does anyone know when dings start going out (based on stats from last year round 3), or has anyone received one? Eeeeeek

From the application deadline page, it says applicants will be notified on the 19th. I can see them calling admits earlier, but I'd be surprised if the mass ding email doesn't go out on that day.

qaum, what was your impression of the interview? Pretty standard?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 6

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 May 2010, 23:22
This post received
KUDOS
someone i know was called by DB on march 30th which is the night before decision notification day, so i assume DB will call people on the 18th then to maximize the agony of waiting :)

my interview was enjoyable... although there were standard questions... the majority of the time we kept it fairly informal and talked openly about the GSB experience... The discussion went longer than 2 hours even though we had originally budgeted only 45 minutes...

I was asked several questions such as my personal interests, times i have gone above and beyond the call of duty, etc

when the tables were turned, I asked a lot of questions around how he changed as a person, moments that made him think, inspiring people he met, the most interesting class he took, family life at GSB...

i think the scripted questions were just to sort of get some insights and create an opportunity for interesting conversations, i didn't get the sense that he was taking detailed notes and writing them down to communicate back to the AdCom

I stuttered a lot in my interview, i think, because i was really trying to think about the question and give honest answers, rather than say whatever was at the top of my head...

I feel like I could have come across more "planned" - but I think the quality of the ultimate answers (as i literally spent time talking about how i was thinking about the question) I provided made up for the weakness in structured communication...

i was really impressed with the interviewer and his background. he spoke multiple languages, grew up in several parts of the country, and had been overseas many times, and rotated around several start-ups.

anyways everything i have heard (including interviewer himself) said that iv does not matter much at all - lots of people get interviews but are then not offered admission - so basically that means i may have made it past the first cut of applicants - but i still only have a limited chance of getting in

from some of the various blog insights, only 40 interviews go out in round 3 in the first place... roughly 20 get in that are not on the waitlist already (i am unsure what % of the interviews are pure r3 apps or wait list apps)...

so i guess from the best available data i have, it is basically a 50/50 shot for me... :)

given my terrible stats all around... i am not gonna hold out too much hope... but if it happens i will be extremely extremely happy!!! of course i appreciate stanford at least giving me some lingering hope...

i will keep everyone in the forum updated...

cheers!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 May 2010, 17:57
well it is just another few days now... fingers crossed! :)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Stanford R2 2012 (wl w/int); Stanford R1 2013 (int)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 May 2010, 08:16
This post received
KUDOS
quantjock wrote:

ha ha. biggus and i had a strategy session about this in palo alto. since at the moment we have like negative influence over DB, our conclusion was to work on scaring away the dual H/S admits who were clearly more H in personality. in exchange for our services, you have to keep that crazy ring tone on your phone from that night tho until you get the call. :-)

locked and loaded; everybody wants to rule the world! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
It's the final countdown, wish us luck!
Intern
Intern
Schools: R2: MIT (ding), Stanford (WL w/int), Wharton (WL w/ int), Emory (admitted!)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 May 2010, 08:19
... ahh I'm nervous already! DB please call! :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 May 2010, 12:38
nervousnessx10 right now

baxter buddy i really hope you get in, i am sending you very very good vibes your way! =) God willing you will get into stanford and prove all the other schools that dinged you that you were too good for them in the first place =)

no call for me... i understand DB calls people the night before decision day... guess I am out... congrats to everyone who got in!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 6

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 May 2010, 17:25
This post received
KUDOS
o m g

i am speechless right.

i got in!!!

thanks so much to everyone on this forum for their support and help throughout this process! i really appreciate it! good luck to everyone waiting on their decision! the calls are coming out folks!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 May 2010, 17:30
This post received
KUDOS
congrats qaum!

i never got an interview invite so i think it's safe to say i'm dinged! i'll be going to the other bay area school. :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 May 2010, 18:01
Quam, what US time zone are you in ?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 May 2010, 18:21
This post received
KUDOS
qaum wrote:
o m g

i am speechless right.

i got in!!!

thanks so much to everyone on this forum for their support and help throughout this process! i really appreciate it! good luck to everyone waiting on their decision! the calls are coming out folks!

CONGRATS QAUM!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
be sure to give biggus and quantjock a high five for me when you get there!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 May 2010, 18:36
baxter wrote:
qaum wrote:
o m g

i am speechless right.

i got in!!!

CONGRATS QAUM!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
be sure to give biggus and quantjock a high five for me when you get there!

thank you buddy! i am still sending you very positive vibes! maybe i should set my ring tone to the same as yours and we can synergize or something :P

i am truly blessed by this opportunity and feel extremely humbled just looking at some of the incredible people in this forum and amazing people outside of it that applied and did not even get interviews

thank you again everyone, and i hope to be back here this fall helping all of you with your applications. God bless all of you!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 May 2010, 07:55
Did anyone else receive a call from DB? I am loosing hope..
Intern
Intern
Schools: R2: MIT (ding), Stanford (WL w/int), Wharton (WL w/ int), Emory (admitted!)

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 May 2010, 08:28
Just got a remain in WL email. The wait remains!

"We have selected a small group of approximately 45 applicants to continue in the waitpool. We hope you will remain a candidate for admission until we provide you with an update on 17 June 2010."
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 May 2010, 09:23
Dinged off WL. Can finally move on...

So, where's everyone going? Ill be at UCLA...hope to see some of you there...and best of luck to you wherever you end up.
Manager
Manager
Schools: DUKE class of 2014
WE 1: sales/trading

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 May 2010, 14:54
ding... good luck to everyone else!!

DUKE MEM/MBA CLASS OF 2014

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 May 2010, 10:37
This post received
KUDOS
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
UGGGHHHHH I'm one of the 45 remaining on the waitlist
My ringtone was set up and EVERYTHING

GUYYYYYS, seriously you gotta help me out: When you visit Stanford and talk to Derrick, mention my awesomeness!!!!!

8-) 8-) 8-) <= check out those sunglasses- awesome

But seriously, any advice/suggestions on what the 45 of us should do to get in :?: :?:

Congrats to Qaum and everyone else in R3 and waitlist who got in!

Still with a dagger in my side,
baxter
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 May 2010, 10:51
Congrats baxter, I'm there too! so if anyone talks to DB, please mention me too! :D

Does anyone know if any R2 WL got admits?? And what's the R3 deposit deadline?

Congratulations to all the R3 admits!!!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2010, 19:43
Any movement on the Waitlist front?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2010, 21:35
It SURE is lonely on here!!!!!!! 8-)

Did any of you 45 guys and gals send another letter reaffirming your interest after being asked to stay on the waitlist??
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2010, 14:50
baxter,

when did you submit your letter reaffirming your interest, or did you send mutliple?

steeler99
Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants!   [#permalink] 09 Jun 2010, 14:50