Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Concentration: Retail, Entrepreneurship, International Business
Schools:HBS (R2), Stanford (R2), Columbia (RD-ding), Booth (R2)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford R1(W/o Int), HBS R1(W/o Int), Kellogg R1(Ding), Haas R2(W/o Int), Wharton R2(W/o Int), Darden(W/o Int)
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Updated roll call and statuses for interviewing and interviewed. This wait is killing me and I am trying to avoid spending more time on forum and getting down. That is the reason the updates are a bit delayed.

Shiva
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Kellogg
 Q50  V48
Send PM
I'm with you, Shiva. I was doing okay at first, but over the past week I've become a huge ball of nerves. It didn't help when someone I knew got a Stanford invite Friday... and still no word for me :( I'm trying to keep my spirits up, but I'm just going to be crushed if I don't get one.

javaexe wrote:
Updated roll call and statuses for interviewing and interviewed. This wait is killing me and I am trying to avoid spending more time on forum and getting down. That is the reason the updates are a bit delayed.

Shiva
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
I'll be disappointed if I don't get an invite too but it won't be the end for me, it'll just lead me down a different path.

Everyone has such amazing profiles...whether it's at Stanford, another top MBA program, or shifting your career on your own, I think it's important to remember that WHO YOU ARE has brought you success so far in your life, and that doesn't change based on any acceptance or denial.

Remember this works two ways, Stanford would be lucky to have us too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
cheergirl, i'm sorry if i missed it in the preceding thread, but do you mind sharing your basic profile? I am also a reapplicant. Sounds like your interview went great, good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The last time around I applied R3. Had 650 GMAT. Got an interview invite. The interview didnt go very well imho. Just no chemistry between me and the interviewer and there was an awkward stiff feel during the whole thing. So ding in R3.

Nevertheless, I love Stanford's curriculum so I figured I'd spend another $250. I retook GMAT and got a 700. I didnt change Essay A at all. I focused Essay B a bit more and retold the stories in Essays C and D. I'm a civil engineer in construction. International student. 23. F. Good GPA from average state school. Crossing my fingers for a phone call this time around.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
@cheergirl,

Do they call everyone who's accepted? I thought they would inform by an email.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys anyone from India who has got an invite?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks cheergirl, sounds like you've improved your chances quite a bit this year, I'll be rooting for you!

PS has anyone been reading the "low gpa..." thread on BW? I don't know about you guys, but I sincerely hope those posting from Stanford and HBS are not representative of the type of people who go there!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tempoguy wrote:
Guys anyone from India who has got an invite?

Still waiting tempo..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
triple5soul wrote:
I apologize in advance for my naivety, but perhaps someone could specify what the following means in the online application form, section "Full-Time Employment":

What does "From" mean (under "how many people does your organization employ?")...

Is "from" the date of incorporation (of the company) or the date at which x number of people are employed?

Also, is "current other earned income" = bonus?

Thanks!

From is the date your joined the company. The section is about your employment history. Other income is income from your part time work etc. Bonus I think would be a part of your salary only.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cheergirl wrote:
The last time around I applied R3. Had 650 GMAT. Got an interview invite. The interview didnt go very well imho. Just no chemistry between me and the interviewer and there was an awkward stiff feel during the whole thing. So ding in R3.

Nevertheless, I love Stanford's curriculum so I figured I'd spend another $250. I retook GMAT and got a 700. I didnt change Essay A at all. I focused Essay B a bit more and retold the stories in Essays C and D. I'm a civil engineer in construction. International student. 23. F. Good GPA from average state school. Crossing my fingers for a phone call this time around.

I wouldn't worry if I were in your place. You are just 23 :) Its gonna be tough for oldies like me.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
golakers wrote:
Thanks cheergirl, sounds like you've improved your chances quite a bit this year, I'll be rooting for you!

PS has anyone been reading the "low gpa..." thread on BW? I don't know about you guys, but I sincerely hope those posting from Stanford and HBS are not representative of the type of people who go there!

i read through it.. it's mostly one guy whos not even a student trolling and trying to incite people. i dont think thats indicative of the students at H/S... from what i understand, most people at these schools are actually quite humble and down to earth.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Are there any reapplicants out there who got dinged last time around despite thinking they had a pretty decent interview (i.e. connected with their interviewer well)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
I really hit it off with my interviewer last year, but he (and others) told me that the interview is largely irrelevant, and just a way to keep alums engaged. They aren't even provided with topics from GSB to cover based on the applicant. So, the good news is most of these are very casual; the bad news is they don't count for much, at least relative to H/W and some of the others.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
northernstar wrote:
@cheergirl,

Do they call everyone who's accepted? I thought they would inform by an email.

I was under the impression that Derrick Bolton called all admits a day or two before the decision date. Did anyone hear different?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Concentration: Retail, Entrepreneurship, International Business
Schools:HBS (R2), Stanford (R2), Columbia (RD-ding), Booth (R2)
Send PM
@northernstar, thank you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General, Management & Org Behaviour
Schools:Chicago Booth class of 2012
 Q49  V44
WE 1: Consulting
WE 2: Small business/Start up