Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 16:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Kellogg '14 (A)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2011, 17:53
samcooks18 wrote:
I wish they would send out the invites already--the anticipation is killing me!

I think they will start doing so 1st week of november. However, unless you are one of the first invitees, this process is the most killing since you are left expecting all the way upto december 1st week.
Manager
Manager
Status: Do not worry. You are not going to get out of this world alive anyway :)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 9

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 12:19
A good read about Stanford's selectiving while we all wait: http://poetsandquants.com/2011/10/26/st ... pplicants/

“It’s not an important metric in the grand scheme of things,” Bolton told The Stanford Daily. “So when applications are up, that’s fine. When applications are down, that’s fine. My real concern is, what’s the quality of the class? As long as we have 396 really bright, really energized, really thoughtful, really committed students, then we feel good. We don’t define success based on number of applications. We define success based on the quality of the class, and then later, the impact the students have once they go out into the world.”
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 16:37
Another link for passing the time and getting to know the admissions staff. Stanford updated their admissions blog, but it's just stories from their travels and not anything regarding applications or interviews:

Update: No link. I haven't been a member for 5 days, so I can't post links yet. Maybe someone who has been on here a bit longer can pass it along for everyone else.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Status: Do not worry. You are not going to get out of this world alive anyway :)

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 9

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 16:50
This post received
KUDOS
sptsjunkie wrote:
Another link for passing the time and getting to know the admissions staff. Stanford updated their admissions blog, but it's just stories from their travels and not anything regarding applications or interviews:

Update: No link. I haven't been a member for 5 days, so I can't post links yet. Maybe someone who has been on here a bit longer can pass it along for everyone else.

Here you go: http://www.stanford.edu/group/mba/blog/
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 9

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 16:58
shekmba wrote:
samcooks18 wrote:
I wish they would send out the invites already--the anticipation is killing me!

I think they will start doing so 1st week of november. However, unless you are one of the first invitees, this process is the most killing since you are left expecting all the way upto december 1st week.

Agreed! Stanford should definitely take this feedback and try to improve their process. Harvard and Wharton have a narrower window which makes life so much easier!
Intern
Intern

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 19:25
Read through the portion of last year's thread for Round 1 applicants and it appears the deadline to submit was one week earlier than this year (approx. October 6th) and the first invitations came out the last week of October. It also appears the first interviews last year might have gone to international applicants, although there was debate in the thread if that was actually a pattern or just a byproduct of the small sample size of people posting in the GMAT Club forum. The majority of the invitations came in the middle of November with some members getting invitations to interview as late as the second week of December. It looks like mid-November is when most of the interviews came the in 2009 as well.

If Stanford follows a similar schedule this year, than we should start seeing interview invitations come out next week, but we may have to wait till mid-November for the bulk of the invitations again.

Maybe this year will be completely different, but I thought I'd post this for anyone who is obsessively checking the board or assuming that Stanford will send a big batch next week since their application was due 10 days after Harvard.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 21:34
Thanks so much for that post--what a relief!
Stanford Thread Master
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2011, 12:40
sptsjunkie wrote:
Read through the portion of last year's thread for Round 1 applicants and it appears the deadline to submit was one week earlier than this year (approx. October 6th) and the first invitations came out the last week of October. It also appears the first interviews last year might have gone to international applicants, although there was debate in the thread if that was actually a pattern or just a byproduct of the small sample size of people posting in the GMAT Club forum. The majority of the invitations came in the middle of November with some members getting invitations to interview as late as the second week of December. It looks like mid-November is when most of the interviews came the in 2009 as well.

If Stanford follows a similar schedule this year, than we should start seeing interview invitations come out next week, but we may have to wait till mid-November for the bulk of the invitations again.

Maybe this year will be completely different, but I thought I'd post this for anyone who is obsessively checking the board or assuming that Stanford will send a big batch next week since their application was due 10 days after Harvard.

Good one spts. Lets hope they do come out as you mentioned :) *fingers crossed*
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 03:53
sptsjunkie wrote:

Great stuff. It looks like some of us should be hearing back sometime this week or next week then.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 12:22
Has anyone received an invite? Someone on the beatthegmat MBA Watch feed said they received an invite on Friday at 5 PM EST. Do you think they're really starting to come out already?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.97
WE: Operations (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 13:08
well, i doubt that person on MBA watch is lying (i just saw that too), but so far that is the ONLY thing i have seen indicating that invites have started to go out. i think it's going to be a long process! i'm sure people will post either here or on MBA watch as they start getting invited.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 20:44
November is finally here. Will we hear from Stanford this week?

God, this wait is killing me.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GRE 1: 1460 Q790 V640
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 09:37
Got an interview invite today!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 09:40
consultantcat wrote:

Congratulations! Did you hear from them by email?

Also, are you based in/outside the US?
Intern
Intern

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 09:41
consultantcat wrote:

Congratulations! Looks like the slow trickle is beginning this week. I think the majority will still come out the middle of November like the last couple of years, but now the excitement can begin.

Care to share your basic profile so the rest of the forum can start obsessively looking for non-existent patterns in small sample sizes?
Intern
Intern

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 09:45
sptsjunkie wrote:
consultantcat wrote:

Congratulations! Looks like the slow trickle is beginning this week. I think the majority will still come out the middle of November like the last couple of years, but now the excitement can begin.

Care to share your basic profile so the rest of the forum can start obsessively looking for non-existent patterns in small sample sizes?

Thanks! They sent an email literally 5 minutes ago.

I'm from South America but living in Europe. Female, 27, 3.5 years WE in econ consulting, + GRE stats on the sidebar :)

Last edited by consultantcat on 01 Nov 2011, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 32

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 09:45
sptsjunkie wrote:

lol :P

cheers
Mayank
My GMAT Journey: 720 + dare = 760

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 09:46
Congrats ConsultantCat! All the best for your interview!

Good to hear that they've started sending out interview invites.

sptsjunkie wrote:
consultantcat wrote:

LOL... So true! :-D
Manager
Manager
Schools: Berkeley Haas, Stanford, MIT Sloan, INSEADw/$$
WE 1: Five years in hi-tech in sales/marketing roles
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 10:19
consultantcat wrote:
sptsjunkie wrote:
consultantcat wrote:

Thanks! They sent an email literally 5 minutes ago.

I'm from South America but living in Europe. Female, 27, 3.5 years WE in econ consulting, + GRE stats on the sidebar :)

Hi consultantcat!

Can you pls share if you submitted your application early, or right before the deadline?

Thanks!

"A leader is the one who climbs the tallest tree, surveys the entire situations, and yells, 'Wrong jungle!'" - Stephen Covey

Intern
Intern

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 10:21
Sure, I submitted the day before the deadline
Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 01 Nov 2011, 10:21